Above & Below is the 39th sub-chapter of Stories of Legend that was added in update version 6.1 of Nyanko Daisensou on May 18th, 2017. It can be played in ★, ★★, ★★★, and ★★★★ difficulty modes. This sub-chapter continues the trend of stages that mostly consist of one type of enemy.
Very Hard overall, with the penultimate stage being quite easy, but the final stage is hell.
This sub-chapter introduces one new enemy:
- Cala Maria: An Angel variant of Calamary. This enemy does three consecutive attacks that deal 36,000 damage each, for a total of 108,000 damage! Fortunately, its attacks are single-target.
List of Levels
This sub-chapter contains 6 stages:
- Stage 39-1: Electric Bath - Spawns a lot of Metal enemies, such as Super Metal Hippoe, Sir Metal Seal and Metal One Horn. To make it more annoying, Henry is also featured in this stage.
- Stage 39-2: Boiling Spring - Spawns all sorts of Red enemies, like J.K Bun Bun, Berserkory, Professor A. and Capy.
- Stage 39-3: Mineral Treatment - A jump-scare level with some Wall Doges at the beginning and a group of Elder Sloths that appear immediately if the player kills them fast enough. The stage width is extremely short here.
- Stage 39-4: Soap Scum - Spawns many Black enemies, like Director Kurosawah and Tackey. Razorback appears as well. This level is essentially a much easier version of Taste of Success (Merciless).
- Stage 39-5: The Sauna Crew - Mr. Mole and Dolphina combine effort to crush your base. They can be defeated by spamming Manic Lions.
- Stage 39-6: Steamed to Death - Cala Maria makes its debut, backed by Kory, Berserkory and overbuffed Kang Roos.