Angelic Sleipnir has a very fast and fairly powerful attack along with high health and range, but moves slowly. He has a small chance to knockback your cats, making him very deadly against poorly-prepared setups.
The best way to deal with this enemy is to use Artist Cat combined with cats that outrange Sleipnir, such as Bahamut Cat, Ururun Cat, Dragon Cat, his Crazed counterpart or Long Distance Cats. Rushers like Awakened Bahamut Cat can also work well, but they are not reliable as they typically have less range than Sleipnir. Do not rely on Paris Cat, as she can't hit even once due to her inferior range and low health.
|Enemy Unit # 125||Angel|
|The eight-legged god-horse of Norse myth.|
Has to spend most of his paycheck on
footwear, so usually spends his weekends
staying in and gardening.
|Enemy Unit # 125||Angel|
|天使スレイプニール (Tenshi Sureipunīru, Angelic Sleipnir)|
|An 8-legged flying horse appearing in Norse mythology.|
Although he may seem a little different from the image you
would associate with his name, this is reality.
His hobby is growing vegetables for his family.
- Stage 21-5: Subtle Curfew (100%)
- Stage 22-5: Dictator's Garden (100%)
- Stage 23-4: Broken Mask (150%)
- Stage 24-3: The Horrible Song (150%)
- Stage 30-6: Lord of the Abyss (100%)
- Stage 33-2: Technocracy (200%)
- Stage 42-3: Gouache Ghouls (1,000%)
- Stage 42-6: Atrocious Deco (200%)
- Stage 4-6: Rutsborg Vortex (250%)
- Stage 6-4: Glittering Peaks (250%)
- Stage 9-6: Heron's Call (250%)
- Stage 14-5: Spa of Ascension (250%)
- Stage 26-3: Rainbow Bridge Toll (250%)
- Stage 32-4: Darkened House (250%)
- Stage 35-1: Banana Genomes (250%)
- Stage 37-5: Border Between Worlds (250%)
- Boogie Awakens!: Boogie Up (Insane) (100%)
- Sliming to Victory: Slimy Stallions (100%)
- The Battle Cats POP!: Conquer the Galaxy (100%)
- Ghostly Strangers: See You Next Year (150%)
- Another New Year: Just What I Wanted (150%)
- Growing Yellow/Catfruit Buffet: Rays of Gold (Insane) (100%)
- Clionel Ascendant: No Plan A (100%)
- Clionel Dominant: New Testament (100%)
- Crazed Moneko: In NEW YORK (200%)
- Red Sky at Night: Revenge of Red Sky (250%)
- Typhoon Nihil: Extinction's Vortex (250%)
- Total War: Fall Special: Feast of Fall: Exalted (150%)
- Duel at the Lava Fields: Vanguard (Insane) (100%)
- Heavenly Tower:
- Infernal Tower:
- Suffering Spring!:
- Cave of Spirit: A Month's Training (Deadly) (150%)
- Cymophane Cave: 10 Meters Deep (Deadly) (150%)
- Holy Cradle: Cradle Shrine (Deadly) (200%)
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|363,000 HP||2,247 damage
|15f 0.5 seconds||5||2 times||9f 0.3s|
(6f 0.2s backswing)
|15% chance to knockback Cat Units||Angel|
There have been multiple claims from people who seem to have played Kumanchu Royale that Angelic Sleipnir is in fact a returning enemy from that game. Due to the lack of information surrounding Kumanchu Royale, there is no way of directly confirming this, but there are several points that could be made to back it up.
- The sources for the aforementioned claims include a Seesaa Wiki article with a collapsible section that says, "It seems that this character was reimported from PONOS' game Kumanchu Royale into The Battle Cats"; a Twitter thread which had someone wondering if PONOS would ever bring back any Kumanchu Royale enemies, then being told that there was Angelic Sleipnir; and a Tweet from someone else who was excited that PONOS was finally bringing back a Kumanchu Royale enemy (Mr. Mer), but then remembered that Angelic Sleipnir was already in.
- While not as stiff as Mr. Mer, his walking animation has noticeably less frames compared to non-variant enemies from the previous sub-chapters, such as H. Nah, R.Ost and Ururun Wolf. His animations are closer to Empire of Cats enemies like Hippoe or Croco than to mid-Stories of Legend enemies.
- Looking at other Angels such as Heavenly Hippoe, Angelic Gory, Chickful A, Boraphim and Heavenly Herald Papuu, their wings are all drawn relatively the same; Angelic Sleipnir is the only break in this pattern.
- His mane is certainly drawn less smoothly than anything else encountered at this point in the game. The closest thing would be Baa Baa's wool texture or the scales on Mr. Mer's tail.
- Sleipnir is an eight-legged horse from Norse mythology, which fits well with the theme of cultures and myths that can be seen in Kumanchu Royale's exclusive enemies, such as Zeusuppoi Hito ("Zeus-ish Guy") and Greek mythology, Mr. Mer and Singapore's merlion statues, Easter Island's boss being a two-legged Moai head, and the final boss possibly being Kaguya-hime; the only known exception to this theme is the gun-toting soldier.
- If he was indeed exclusive to Kumanchu Royale, then he was technically the first ever Angel enemy (though he would originally have been a Traitless enemy).
- This enemy is based on the eight-legged horse Sleipnir in Norse mythology.
- His attack value of 2,247 is an "angel number" encouraging you to build your confidence and self-esteem; the first three digits of his 363,000 health are an especially lucky "angel number" meaning you are on the right path and should continue to pursue your ambitions; and his unusual range of 372 indicates that you should work together with those around you and obey the rules that have been laid beside you.