Area 22 (エリア22 Eria 22, Area 22) is the 43rd sub-chapter of Stories of Legend. It is available up to 4★ difficulty and was added in update 6.6 on November 13, 2017. A recurring theme in this sub-chapter is tough enemies that spawn near the beginning of the level.
This is the first sub-chapter to include Starred Aliens. Without ANY Anti-Starred Alien Treasures, the stages will be somewhat insane, since every one of them contains various Starred Aliens. Anti-Alien units will be mandatory for most of the stages in this and next three sub-chapters. Prepare for Cosmic Demise.
- 2★ difficulty for this sub-chapter multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 120%.
- 3★ difficulty for this sub-chapter multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 130%.
- 4★ difficulty for this sub-chapter makes no change to enemy strength magnifications and only allows Special Cats and Rare Cats to be deployed.
While not their first appearance in-game, Starred Aliens are introduced to Stories of Legend in this sub-chapter. They are unaffected by the Anti-unstarred Alien Treasures of Into the Future, instead having their own Treasure sets found in Cats of the Cosmos.
This sub-chapter introduces one new enemy:
- Youcan: A Starred Alien/Angel variant of Two Can with higher health and damage, Area Attack, slightly longer Shockwaves and a 266,000 HP Barrier.
List of Stages
|Stage number & cost||Stage name||Description|
|1-43-1||Roswell Incident (ローズウェイ事件, Rōzuu~ei Jiken, Roseway Incident)||Shibalien Elite is spammed throughout the level, with the occasional Metal Doge.|
|1-43-2||Cat Abduction (キャットミューティレーション, Kyatto Myūtirēshon, Cat Mutilation)||Just Kories and Star Pengs.|
|1-43-3||Adamski Type (マダムスキー型UFO, Madamusukī-gata UFO, Madamski-type UFO)||Zamelle appears shortly after the level begins. She is supported by Zrocos and eventually Le'Solar.|
|1-43-4||Chupacabra Love (チュパチュパカブラ遭遇, Chupachupakabura Sōgū, Chupachupacabra Encounter)||Project A serves as the boss of this level. He appears near the beginning of the stage along with a Dolphina. Up to five more Dolphinas are spawned during the battle along with some Shibalien Elites that spawn periodically.|
|1-43-5||Tunguska Event (グースカツンツン大爆発, Gūsuka Tsuntsun Dai Bakuhatsu)||Spacefish Jones and Star Peng spawn just 2.5 seconds after the battle begins. A Li'l Bun Bun will appear after 80 seconds, followed closely by another Star Peng. After that, Star Pengs and Li'l Bun Buns are spawned at 53.3 and 66.7 second intervals, respectively.|
|1-43-6||Offworld Weary (あなた疲れてるのよ, Anata Tsukare Teru no Yo, Night of Your Weariness)||Youcan is introduced in this stage. He is backed by General GreGories and Shibalien Elites which spawn at mild intervals throughout the stage.|
Material Drop Rates
- The name of this sub-chapter is based off of Area 51, which has been rumored to have many UFO sightings, which is why it introduces Starred Aliens.