Area 22 is the 43rd sub-chapter of Stories of Legend. It sports ★, ★★, and ★★★ difficulty modes and was added in update 6.6 on November 13, 2017. A recurring theme in this sub-chapter is tough enemies that spawn near the beginning of the level.
This is the first Sub-Chapter to include Starred Aliens. Without ANY anti-starred alien treasures stages will be somewhat insane, since every stage in this Sub-Chapter contains various Starred Aliens. Anti-Alien units will be mandatory for any stage in this and next 3 Sub-Chapters. Prepare for Cosmic Demise.
While not their first appearance in-game, Starred Aliens make their first appearance in Stories of Legend in this sub-chapter.
This sub-chapter introduces one new enemy:
- Youcan: A Starred Alien/Angel variant of Two Can, with higher health and damage, slightly longer Shockwaves and a 266,000 HP Barrier.
List of Levels
This sub-chapter contains 6 stages:
- Stage 43-1: Roswell Incident - Shibalien Elite is spammed throughout the level, with the occasional Metal Doge.
- Stage 43-2: Cat Abduction - Just Kories and Star Pengs.
- Stage 43-3: Adamski Type - Zamelle appears shortly after the level begins. She is supported by buffed Zrocos and eventually Le'Solar.
- Stage 43-4: Chupacabra Love - Project A serves as the boss of this level. He appears near the beginning of the stage along with a Dolphina. Up to 5 more Dolphinas are spawned during the battle along with some Shibalien Elites that spawn periodically.
- Stage 43-5: Tunguska Event - Spacefish Jones and Star Peng spawn just 2.5 seconds after the battle begins. A 1000% buffed Li'l Bun Bun will appear after 80 seconds, followed closely by another Star Peng. After that, Star Pengs and Li'l Bun Buns are spawned at 53.3 and 66.7 second intervals, respectively.
- Stage 43-6: Offworld Weary: Youcan is introduced in this stage. It is backed by General GreGories and Shibalien Elites which spawn at mild intervals throughout the stage.
- The name of this sub-chapter is based off of Area 51, which has been rumored to have many UFO sightings.