Assassin Bear is the fastest-moving and one of the fastest-attacking enemies in the game. At 100% strength magnification, he deals 3,000 area damage per hit, which might not seem like much, yet he keeps himself very safe at 800 range, almost double that of Dark Emperor Nyandam
This enemy is usually used as a means of guaranteeing defeat, by spawning en masse and/or at extremely high buffs once a time limit is reached, sometimes pre-announced by a Ms. Sign, making him a makeshift time limit. However, this does not happen in every stage. There are also stages in which he is actually meant to be defeated, such as Twilight Poachers, Littering Coast and False Resurrection.
In stages like Merciless Onslaught, Ashen Rain and Veggie Friends, he is used as a gimmick, in which he spawns as soon as an enemy perishes, due to the enemy limit, leading into an instant defeat. This means you need to use the enemy limit to your advantage and keep the enemies alive.
The default Cat Cannon can kill an Assassin Bear easily, however at higher magnifications it cannot deal enough damage, meaning a certain defeat in most cases. Thankfully, these overbuffed Assassin Bears are always easy to avoid fighting in the first place, except in Surrealist Sins if you're not careful. Another way to beat him is to use a Cat Unit that can reach and kill the Assassin Bear without dying; options include cats with very few knockbacks and either fast speed or high health (at least against Black Enemies). The faster the speed, the lower the heath needed. Glass Cat, Express Cat, Sanada Yukimura, Stone Cat and Manic Jamiera Cat are some examples.
Using Wave Attack Cats/Surge Attack Cats works too, as long as he isn't too buffed. If the Assassin Bear comes out when the base receives enough damage, that means that he will also spawn onto a Wave or Surge and most likely die. In other scenarios, it's still possible to hit the bear by using a peon as a "stepping stone" and long enough Waves. Outranging him is another option. It is rare, but there are some cats that can do it. One common option is Cyberpunk Cat.
The last option is using a unit to clip through the Assassin Bear after being knocked back. The best choice for this would be Manic Lion Cat, as although other options can still work, they have to be ultra fast in order to instantly rebound after being knockbacked and have a fast attack rate to kill the Assassin Bear after getting knocked back.
|Enemy Unit # 18||Black|
|Licensed to kill.|
The global financial crisis isn't helping
him much though.
Please check the flyers.
He's offering one million per kill now.
|Enemy Unit # 18||Black|
ブラックマ (Burakkuma, "Black Bear")
|Assassin bear from the darkness of the world.|
The number of assassination requests has plummeted in this recession.
Offering 100 million per kill.
Wrote a request in the flyers this morning.
- Stage 9-8: Chubby B. Goode (800%)
- Stage 18-5: Pitfall Zone (100%)
- Stage 18-6: The Great Escaper (100%)
- Stage 19-2: Last Gang (100%)
- Stage 22-4: Torture Room (400%)
- Stage 25-3: Kugel Schreiber (200%)
- Stage 25-6: Sunset Soldier (100%)
- Stage 26-5: Littering Coast (500%)
- Stage 28-6: Learned to Love (100%)
- Stage 31-2: Twilight Poachers (100%)
- Stage 33-3: Merciless Onslaught (4,000%)
- Stage 40-2: Romantic Highway (600%)
- Stage 42-2: Surrealist Sins (4,500%)
- Stage 48-5: False Resurrection (600%)
- Stage 6-5: Murmuring Evil (800%)
- Stage 10-3: Veggie Friends (5,000%)
- Stage 11-3: Ashen Rain (1,000%)
- Stage 19-2: Forever Fishing (10,000%)
- Stage 21-1: Furry Cavern (10,000%)
- Stage 25-2: Vengeful Sandbag (800%)
- Stage 36-1: The Ivy-Sealed Door (800%)
- Stage 37-6: Hall of the Four Kings (5,000%)
- Stage 38-1: The Great Sufferer (100%)
- Stage 38-3: Learned to Hate (200%)
- Stage 42-3: UL 42-3 (800%)
- Challenge Battle: Higher Score (100%)
- Autumn = Sports Day!: Faster Barefoot (100%)
- Bears be Bare:Arming Bears (100%)
- The Crazed Fish: Fish Hell (Insane) (100%)
- Dark Descent ∞: Northern Crater (100%)
- Bitter Irony: Revenge of Titanium (Deadly) (100%)
- Bears Be Back: What We Do In The Woods (200%)
- Duel on the Prairie:
- Duel at Sunset:
- Duel Under the Stars:
- Duel on the Dunes:
- Duel at the Lava Fields:
- Duel Under the Sea:
- Tag Arena: Rookie:
- Tag Arena: Beginner:
- Tag Arena: Adept:
- Tag Arena: Pro:
- Tag Arena: Expert:
- Heavenly Tower: Floor 9 (100%)
- Hotblooded Three-Leg Race ①:
- Hotblooded Three-Leg Race ②:
- Hotblooded Three-Leg Race ③:
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|550 HP||3,000 damage
|8f (0.27 seconds)||150||1 time||6f 0.2s |
(2f 0.07s backswing)
- His Japanese name, Burakkuma, is a portmanteau of burakku ("black") and kuma ("bear").
- In the launch trailer, an Assassin Bear and 2 Shy Boys clear the entire battlefield of Cats before The Cat God comes onto the scene.
- He bears resemblance to the Japanese mascot Kumamon and may be a reference to it.
- He was the only "black" enemy in the original English Version, where the trait was not even an attribute yet. His design would then be used as the basis for most Black enemies after update 2.0.
- At 150 speed, Assassin Bear is the fastest character in the entire game.
- He has the lowest possible money drop in the game, along with many other enemies.
- However, prior to his money drop nerf, he will always refill one's wallet when killed.
- Currently, Assassin Bear is the only Black variant of an enemy to have less health than his original form.
- In Yuru-i GeGeGe no Kitarou: Youkai Dotabata Daisensou, Assassin Bear's role as a timed menace is filled by a rainbow Type 2 Penanggalan that has much shorter range but pushes just as hard, if not harder.