Assassin Bear is the Black variant of Teacher Bear and is the fastest moving and one of the fastest attacking enemies. At 100% strength magnification, he deals 3,000 damage per hit, which might not seem like much, yet he keeps himself very safe with a range of almost double that of Dark Emperor Nyandam.
This enemy is usually used as a mean to guarantee the defeat of the player by spawning in masses once a time limit is reached, sometimes preannounced by a Ms. Sign.
In a level like Forever Fishing, he is used as a gimmick, in which he spawns as soon as an enemy dies, due to the enemy limit, leading into an instant defeat.
His weak point is the health, find a way to just hit this enemy and, unless he's very buffed or you are using Sniper the Recruit, that will be enough.
Most of the stages with Assassin Bear usually have him come out if you take too long, making him easily avoidable in those stages. The Cat Cannon can kill an Assassin Bear easily, however at higher magnifications it cannot deal enough damage, meaning a certain defeat in almost every case.
Using a Cat Unit that can reach the Assassin Bear without dying, options include cats with very few knockbacks and either fast speed or high health (at least against Black Enemies). The faster the speed, the lower the heath needed. Glass Cat, Express Cat, Wargod Yukimura, Stone Cat and Manic Jamiera Cat are some examples.
Using Shockwave Cats/Surge Attack Cats. If the Assassin Bear comes out when the base receives enough damage, it means that it will also spawn onto a shockwave or surge and die instantly. In other scenarios, it's still possible to hit the bear by using a 'stepping stone peon' and long enough waves.
The last option is using a unit to clip through the Assassin Bear after being knockbacked, the best choice for this would be Manic Lion Cat, although other options can still work, they have to be ultra fast in order to instantly rebound after being knockbacked and have a fast attack rate to kill the Assassin Bear after getting knockbacked.
Enemy Unit # 18
|Licensed to kill. The global financial crisis isn't helping him much though. Please check the flyers. He's offering one million per kill now.|
Enemy Unit # 18
ブラックマ (Burakkuma, Black Bear)
Assassin bear from the darkness of the world.
- Stage 9-8: Chubby B. Goode (800%)
- Stage 18-5: Pitfall Zone (100%)
- Stage 18-6: The Great Escaper (100%)
- Stage 19-2: Last Gang (100%)
- Stage 22-4: Torture Room (400%)
- Stage 25-3: Kugel Schreiber (200%)
- Stage 25-6: Sunset Soldier (100%)
- Stage 26-5: Littering Coast (600%)
- Stage 28-6: Learned to Love (100%)
- Stage 31-2: Twilight Poachers (100%)
- Stage 33-3: Merciless Onslaught (4000%)
- Stage 40-2: Romantic Highway (600%)
- Stage 42-2: Surrealist Sins (4500%)
- Stage 48-5: False Resurrection (800%)
- Stage 6-5: Murmuring Evil (800%)
- Stage 10-1: Veggie Friends (5000%)
- Stage 11-3: Ashen Rain (1000%)
- Stage 19-4: Forever Fishing (10000%)
- Stage 21-1: Furry Cavern (10000%)
- Stage 25-2: Vengeful Sandbag (800%)
- Challenge Battle: Higher Score (100%)
- Autumn = Sports Day!: Faster Barefoot (100%)
- Bears be Bare:Arming Bears (100%)
- The Crazed Fish: Fish Hell (Insane) (100%)
- Dark Descent ∞: Northern Crater (100%)
- Bitter Irony: Revenge of Titanium (Deadly) (100%)
- Bears Be Back: What We Do In The Woods (200%)
- Duel on the Prairie:
- Duel at Sunset:
- Duel Under the Stars:
- Duel on the Dunes:
- Duel at the Lava Fields:
- Duel Under the Sea:
- Tag Arena: Rookie:
- Tag Arena: Beginner:
- Tag Arena: Adept:
- Tag Arena: Pro:
- Tag Arena: Expert:
- Heavenly Tower: Floor 9 (100%)
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|550 HP||3,000 damage
- In the launch trailer, an Assassin Bear clears the entire battlefield of Cats before The Cat God comes onto the scene.
- Assassin Bear bears resemblance to a japanese mascot named Kumamon and may be a reference to it.
- Assassin Bear was the only "black" enemy in the original English Version, in which "Black" was not an attribute yet.
- His design is used as the base for most Black enemies after update 2.0.
- Assassin Bear is the fastest character in the game.
- Assassin Bear has the lowest possible money drops in the game, along with many other enemies.
- Originally, however, he refilled one's wallet completely upon death.
- Assassin Bear is the only Black variant of an enemy to have less health than its original version.