Axe Cat is one of the Normal Cats, and your first proper damage-dealing cat. Available to unlock after completing China in Empire of Cats: Chapter 1 and requires 2000 XP to unlock. True Form significantly improves attack and health.
|Cat Unit # 2|
Evolves into Brave Cat at level 10.
Evolves into Dark Cat at level 20+10 using Cat Tickets.
Cat Unit # 2
|Combat maniac. Strong against Red enemies.|
|Hero wannabe. Strong against Red enemies.|
| Dark Knight wannabe|
Decent Battle Cat
Strong against Red enemies.
Cat Unit # 2
バトルネコ (batoru neko, Battle Cat)
|Battle-crazed character, strong against red enemies|
勇者ネコ (yūsha neko, Brave Cat)
|Battle-crazed character longing to be a warrior, strong against red enemies|
暗黒ネコ (ankoku neko, Dark Cat)
|ダークヒーローにも憧れた 戦闘向きのキャラ ｢赤い敵｣にめっぽう強い|
|Battle-crazed character longing to also be a dark hero, strong against red enemies|
- Very high deployment rate
- Low cost
- Single Target
- Short attack range
- Axe Cat is only useful early in the game because it is the first proper damage dealer a player obtains. It greatly exceeds the damage output of Cat and Tank Cat. This makes it valuable in early game stages against tougher enemies, including Those Guys, who can be a pain for newer players because of their high health and attack speed.
- Unfortunately Axe Cat soon becomes redundant as longer-ranged damage dealers like Gross Cat, and especially Lizard Cat, become available.
- Axe Cat can be used as a damage dealing meatshield like Cat or Tank Cat where money generation is no problem. However, the higher cost, low stamina and short range once again make Axe Cat a poor choice once long range cats are available, even against red enemies.
- The misery for Axe Cat only continues when Crazed Axe Cat is unlocked. Manic Dark Cat, which itself isn't particularly useful and suffers the same problems, still outclasses Axe Cat in every way.
- Dark Cat can be effective against Bore. As above though, longer range cats typically get the job done more effectively and efficiently, once they become available.
- On the plus side, Dark Cat is part of the combo Power of Darkness which greatly increases weaken duration.
- Initial Stats are without any stats modifying effect.
- HP = Health ; AP = Attack Power = Damage ; DPS = Damage Per Second ; 30f = 1 second; 1 Movement Speed = 15 attack range per second.
- TBA may have different meanings in different stats table. Here, TBA means time interval of units finishing their backswing and starting their attack animation (foreswing).
- Catseye and User Rank and gameplay progress may altered the max level. See related pages for information.
- See this section for treasure effects.
|Total XP Cost||198300|
- *shows the XP required at the level indicated to attain next level
- *example : Level 19 (Row 1x, Column 9), shows a 33000 XP cost to advance to level 20
- *where applicable levels 30-49 also require catseyes, 30-44 = +1 catseye, 45-49 = +2 catseye
- Normal: A Cat with metallic(?) plating covering the left eye, with a large X where the eye was. Holds an axe, swinging it down to attack.
- Evolved: Gets its eye back, along with headgear, a shield and a sword.
- True: Brave Cat now got a new costume! Now has dark equipment: Its headgear turns into a black, monster-like helmet, and its shield and sword are dark.
Axe Cat appears in Merc Storia as Brave Cat as a 2★ monster introduced in the 1st collab between the two games. It is available in the collab gacha during the event duration and is the first 2★ Battle Cats unit in the game.
|Unit Information (Merc Storia)|
|AoE||1 target, 1 hit|
|Born In||Battle Cats Land (にゃんこの国)|
- Axe Cat only has one eye, while Brave Cat and Dark Cat have both eyes.
- Only Axe Cat's normal form carries an axe; the other two forms carry a sword and a shield.
- The cross on Brave Cat & Dark Cat's shield is a reference to the Crusaders.
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Worker Cat • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents|