Axis of Evil (恐ろし連邦 Osoroshi Renpō, Fearsome Federation) is the 33rd sub-chapter of Stories of Legend. It is available up to 4★ difficulty.
Brutal sub-chapter compared to previous ones. Stage difficulties can vary from moderate to nearly impossible depending on your units. The most difficult stages in this sub-chapter are likely Pecking Order and Celestial Seas, the latter especially on higher star difficulties. The stages that can be called the easiest are Merciless Onslaught and The Spy Who Pet Me, but without the right strategy they will steamroll you.
- 2★ difficulty for this sub-chapter multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 120%.
- 3★ difficulty for this sub-chapter multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 140%.
- 4★ difficulty for this sub-chapter makes no change to enemy strength magnifications and only allows Special Cats and Rare Cats to be deployed.
This sub-chapter introduces two new enemies:
- Professor A.: A Red variant of Master A. Has higher health and damage with even longer range and can slow down cats.
- Razorback: A Black variant of Bore. Like Boraphim, he has crazy high DPS and exceptional stats all across the board, except for range. He also increases his attack power by 50% after falling below 50% HP.
- Although not her first appearance in-game, Cli-One makes her debut in Stories of Legend here.
List of Stages
|Stage number & cost||Stage name||Description|
|1-33-1||Pecking Order (クリムゾン広場, Kurimuzon Hiroba, Crimson Plaza)||The first level to feature Professor A., beginning with many Doge Darks and a Sir Seal to get cash and level up your Worker Cat. Once you attack the enemy base, Professor A. and waves of Angelic Gories and Gory Blacks, along with Brollows will spawn. Eventually, the Gories and Brollows will stop spawning, allowing you to defeat Professor A.|
|1-33-2||Technocracy (インテリゲンチャ, Interigencha, Intelligentsia)||This level features many different enemy types, starting with I.M. Phace, who is later supported by a J.K Bun Bun, Angelic Sleipnirs and Director Kurosawah.|
|1-33-3||Merciless Onslaught (ポッポー領土, Poppō Ryōdo)||A timed stage, featuring a trio of One Horns. The enemy limit of the level is 3, so when a One Horn is defeated, a massively buffed Assassin Bear will spawn, meaning you will have to time your Cat Cannon perfectly to kill it. Can be cheesed by spamming Dread Pirate Catleys.|
|1-33-4||Celestial Seas (バトル海の決戦, Batoru Umi no Kessen, Showdown of the Battle Sea)||Le'boin will serve as the boss of this stage, who is supported by an immense amount of peons and Gabriels that will make it difficult to hit Le'boin consistently. He does a lot of damage, and the large amount of peons make it so Le'boin will retain any ground you lose. The longer you take, the stronger the Gabriel spawns are, similar to the Doge Darks in Star Ocean.|
|1-33-5||Close Encounters (鈍足ドライブウェイ, Uchū Kaihatsu-kyoku, Cosmos Exploitation Bureau)||Cli-One is the boss of this stage, and when the enemy base is damaged, she will spawn with the assistance of Nimoy Bore and Henry. Cli-One is very tanky here, so this level can take a fair amount of time.|
|1-33-6||The Spy Who Pet Me (スパイより愛を込めて, Supai Yori Ai wo Komete, With Love from a Spy)||Razorback makes his first appearance as the boss with the help of Mr. Mole.|
Material Drop Rates
- This sub-chapter's name in the Taiwanese version is 惡羅斯聯邦. When the first three are read in Cantonese, it sounds like 俄羅斯, which means Russia. The problem is, 惡 means Evil.