Bahamut Cat is a Special Cat that is unlocked by completing Empire of Cats, Chapter 3. In True Form, Bahamut Cat significantly improves his attack and movement speed in the cost of attack range. As of version 6.0, Awakened Bahamut Cat gains slightly increased attack power and hits 3 times per attack.
|Cat Unit # 25|
Evolves into Crazed Bahamut Cat at level 10.
Evolves into Awakened Bahamut Cat after completing Into the Future Chapter 3 and is level 20 or above.
+ Many knockbacks [True]
+ Very high movement speed [True]
- High attack power
- Long attack range
- Very high DPS
- Low health
- Low deployment rate
- Low movement speed
- Very low attack rate
- Short attack range
- Bahamut Cat/Crazed Bahamut Cat has devastating attacks and is recommended for most levels. Unlocking him makes early Stories of Legend sub-chapters much easier (and in the long run), as he can take out most of the bosses in just a few hits.
- However, he suffers from mediocre health and very slow movement speed, making him very inefficient against bosses that outrange him, like Sunfish Jones, Master A., Camelle, THE SLOTH, and Dark Emperor Nyandam's variants, as he won't be able to reach them without being knocked back or killed, unless they are frozen.
- This being said, Bahamut shows his value only when he is protected enough to have the time to let him land his attack. Make sure to keep him as safe as possible.
- Bahamut Cat needs to rest for a long time every attack interval. If he gets protected PROPERLY, it is possible for the player to stack up several Crazed Bahamut Cats. This strategy is very useful in some stages like Dark Souls or Absolute Defence, granted one doesn't have better damage-dealers.
- It takes 10 flaps of his wings to charge up another attack.
- Use his True Form like you would use Yukimura; purely rushing the enemy base or dealing heavy damage to the boss. Be warned, as Awakened Bahamut Cat will die often due to his terribly short range and not-so-great amount of health, especially when it comes to enemies who outrange him/deal very high damage.
- Awakened Bahamut Cat is also very useful for taking out short-ranged enemies like Bore and long-ranged enemies with slow attack rates, notably Sunfish Jones. With proper timing, he can even enter the blind spots of Long Distance enemies such as Mr. Mole and Henry.
- He can be put to great use in timed score stages, thanks to his jaw-dropping DPS and incredible movement speed.
- His True Form can create great synergy with Yukimura and his forms: Bahamut attacks while Yukimura recharges, then Yukimura attacks while Bahamut recharges, and the result is an extremely powerful DPS combo, especially against Black Enemies. This can also call for speedrun strategies.
- Awakened Bahamut Cat can also be used to clear waves of low-range swarm enemies, such as Li'l Bun Bun and Manic Lion Cat, as long as he is protected properly. His extreme DPS allows him to cut through these enemies with ease.
- Notably, Awakened Bahamut Cat's delay between attacks consists entirely of the backswing, meaning that if he is ever knocked back by any source, his backswing is canceled and he is immediately ready to attack again, meaning against enemies with Knockback effect, he can deal far more damage. Due to his relatively low health and 6 knockbacks, little damage will also trigger him to inflict even more damage upon enemies.
Cat Unit # 25
|An ancient Cat weapon that was rumored to have caused the first apocalypse. Has unearthly offensive power (Area Attack)|
Crazed Bahamut Cat
|Turns out the first apocalypse was actually caused by this one. You can see why... Has unearthly offensive power (Area Attack)|
Awakened Bahamut Cat
|They say the power to obliterate Earth is already his. Freed of the suit which shackled his power, his power and speed is unmatched (Area Attack)|
Cat Unit # 25
ネコムート (neko mūto, Cathamut)
|Rumored to have destroyed the world. An ultra ancient weapon of legend that harnesses overwhelming amounts of destructive power (Area attack)|
狂乱のネコムート (kyōran no neko mūto, Frenzy Cathamut)
|The other form turned out to be a costume for the real destroyer of the world. Still harnesses destructive power. (Area Attack)|
覚醒のネコムート (kakusei no neko mūto, Awakened Cathamut)
| Rumored to have once destroyed the world, Cathamut is now released and awakened from the costume of the ultra ancient weapon.
Expels enemies with immortal speed and power (Area Attack)
|Level 0-1||0||Level 10-11||16000||Level 20-21||24000|
|Level 1-2||10000||Level 11-12||20000||Level 21-22||30000|
|Level 2-3||16000||Level 12-13||32000||Level 22-23||48000|
|Level 3-4||24000||Level 13-14||48000||Level 23-24||72000|
|Level 4-5||34000||Level 14-15||68000||Level 24-25||102000|
|Level 5-6||46000||Level 15-16||92000||Level 25-26||138000|
|Level 6-7||60000||Level 16-17||120000||Level 26-27||180000|
|Level 7-8||76000||Level 17-18||152000||Level 27-28||228000|
|Level 8-9||94000||Level 18-19||188000||Level 28-29||282000|
|Level 9-10||114000||Level 19-20||228000||Level 29-30||342000|
- Calculations might not perfectly correspond to actual data.
- HP = Health ; AP = Attack Power ; DPS = Damage Per Second
1 Movement Speed = 15 Range per second
- f = frames ; 30f = 1 second ; Attack Animation = Idle + Foreswing + Backswing (frames)
- Catseye, User Rank and game progress are essential to achieving max level, see Level-up for details.
- See this section for treasure effects.
- Normal Form: A colossal dragon/demon creature with large arms, claws, and a horn on his head. He has a cat face on his chest. His attack animation is him creating a large energy purple sphere, then throwing it down, creating an explosion. He resembles units from the Lords of Destruction Dragon Emperors Gacha and Teacher Bun Bun a bit.
- Evolved Form: He is now a dark grey color and looks more menacing and realistic. He now has black patterns on its arms that appear to be somewhat like ancient writing of some kind. He now has spikes and little eye-like pictures on its knee. The cat face on its chest now resembles a Crazed Cat, showing how Bahamut has become Crazed himself. He also gains an extra set of smaller wings. The purple energy sphere is larger and creates a significantly larger explosion (though his range and hit area do not actually increase).
- True Form: He has shrunk significantly in size, allowing faster speed, his posture is good and he charges two smaller purple energy blasts in his each of his hands while speeding toward his enemy at ten times the speed. He attacks by slashing three times with his energy claws, somewhat similarly to Sanada Yukimura's attack animation, then immediately follows an animation similar to Megidora, charging his fists once more.
- This unit is the first and only Cat Unit that has level 30 its 1st Reduction Point.
- Before True Form, he creates an energy ball very similar to the Evangelist Cats.
- Bahamut Cat and his dragon-like appearance are a reference to the Final Fantasy series' Bahamut as well as the King of the Metallic Dragons in Dungeons and Dragons. Bahamut is closely associated with powerful magic called Flare, which is usually one of the most potent offensive magics available in DnD. The attack may be a sort of a "Dark Flare".
- There is a slight graphical glitch with his head in his True Form. The same applies to Raging Bahamut Cat.
- There's a typo in Awakened Bahamut Cat's description saying his power and speed 'is' unmatched when it should be 'are' unmatched.
- Awakened Bahamut Cat has no idle animation in gameplay, it can only be seen when entering Into the Future Ch. 3 before unlocking him.
- Awakened Bahamut Cat has the highest DPS of all units without Talents.
- He is second to only Balrog Cat with Attack Up (& Strengthen) Talent.
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Level-up • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents • Talent Orbs|