|Cat Unit # 30|
|Super Rare Cat|
Evolves into Avalokitesvara Cat at level 10.
Evolves into Tathagata Cat at level 30 using Catfruit.
- High health and DPS
- Area Attack
- High cost
- Long cooldown
This unit is capable of effectively stalling Bun Bun and Shy Boy, but, by the time other Floating Enemies who can be outranged by Bodhisattva are encountered, one can be expected to be able to afford Monk Cat's True Form, Sanzo Cat.
Sanzo is effectively able to replace this unit in about every way, meaning that this unit will lose about all use at that point.
Tathagata Cat gains more health and attack power, along with more range. All of this increases its general use, and most notably counters Mecha-Bun, as Tathagata now outranges its Omni Strike, although this is still very situational if you have Necro-Dancer Cat. Beyond that, it is still outclassed by Sanzo and Necro-Dancer, both of whom are more spammable than it. Furthermore, as the slow chance has not increased, he is still unreliable unless stacked. Despite this, Bodhisattva Cat is a decent substitute in situations where Sanzo is outranged, which only a few Floating enemies do: Mooth, Maawth and Owlbrow.
Even if granted talents, this unit will never be able to stand up to Sanzo, who ends up having the same exact ability, so there is no reason to invest in it, unless you lack or are unsatisfied with the ranged attackers you may have. Move speed up is situational and not recommended for this Cat, as it may sometimes cause Tathagata to creep into the range of enemies, which is negative.
Health up is also not recommended, as this Cat, despite having decent stats, won't go anywhere with only two knockbacks, a long cooldown and little more to give it value. The same goes for attack up; unless you're desperate a new ranged attacker. Even then, his range is not enough to deal with most late Stories of Legend enemies and all Uncanny Legends enemies, so you won't lose much by not investing in him.
However, there are a few things slightly improved: Weaken and Slow Up. Both of them allow his ability duration to last beyond his duration between attacks, which allows Tathagata to almost perma-slow when stacked, and weaken as well, to a lesser extent.
Cat Unit # 30
|Super Rare Cat|
|A Cat that has reached a state of peace and pushed its body beyond physical limits. Might slow Floating Enemies (Area Attack).|
|A Bodhisattva Cat who has shown compassion to many and all Battle Cats. Might slow Floating Enemies (Area Attack).|
|Enlightened compassion flows from this Cat. But they say even the Buddha has a breaking point. Area attacks might weaken/slow Floating.|
Cat Unit # 30
|Super Rare Cat|
ネコぼさつ (neko bosatsu, Cat Bodhisattva)
|Strengthened it's body by strengthening it's heart.|
ネコせんじゅ (neko senju, Cat Senju)
|A trained heart and a limpid arms!|
Nyanko had a miracle.
ネコにょらい (neko niyorai)
|Nyanko of a gentle miracle that watches over the worldly people|
Three times to kill (course attack)
|Total XP Cost||9,650,975|
- Level 30-49 upgrades cost Catseyes: 30-44 = 1 Catseye, 45-49 = 2 Catseyes
- HP = Health ; AP = Attack Power ; DPS = Damage Per Second ; 2 Movement Speed = 1 Range/f
- f = frame ; 30f = 1 second ; Attack Animation = Idle + Foreswing + Backswing (f)
- Catseye, User Rank and game progress are essential to achieving max level, see here for details.
- See here to understand Treasure effects.
- Weaken: Improves weaken duration by 8f .27 seconds per level up to 80f 2.67 seconds. (Total Cost: 125 NP)
- Slow: Improves slow duration by 5f .17 seconds per level up to 50f 1.67 seconds. (Total Cost: 125 NP)
- Defense Buff: Upgrades health by 2% per level up to 20%. (Total Cost: 125 NP)
- Attack Buff: Upgrades attack power by 2% per level up to 20%. (Total Cost: 125 NP)
- Move Speed Up: Upgrades movement speed by 1 per level up to 10. (Total Cost: 125 NP)
- Normal Form: A floating Buddha-like cat. Attacks using a single giant handchop.
- Evolved Form: Now has multiple arms. Multiple hands appear when attacking.
- True Form: Arms are now holding items. Attacks with a foot that comes out from a cloud.
Bodhisattva Cat appears in Merc Storia as Tathagata Cat as a 3★ monster introduced in the 3rd collab between the 2 games.
|Unit Information (Merc Storia)|
|AoE||6 targets, 3 hits|
|Born In||Battle Cats Land (にゃんこの国)|
- This cat is a direct reference to Buddha, who is even mentioned in his description.
- In Evolved Form, the hands attack at different times, yet it doesn't have multi-attack, so the extra hands don't do anything.
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Level-up • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents • Talent Orbs|