- For the battle mechanic also known as the Cat Base, see Cat Base.
- For the flavor texts of the Cat in the menu, see Splash Texts.
When the player chooses the game mode they want to play (Empire of Cats, Into the Future, Cats of the Cosmos, Legend Stages or Catclaw Dojo), they will transition to the Cat Base Menu. Here the player can go to battles, organize Cat Units and view Treasure and enemies.
On the left screen
- Top yellow button = Start!!: Transitions the player to the map in Main Chapters or all the available levels in Legend Stages or Catclaw Dojo.
- Middle yellow button = Upgrade: Transitions the player to the Upgrade Menu, where they can upgrade Cats and Abilities.
- Bottom yellow button = Equip: Transitions the player to the Equip Menu, where they can choose which cats to use in battles.
- Red Book with Cat Face = Cat Guide: Transitions the player to the Cat Guide, where they can view the Cat Units they have and collect 5 Cat Food for each one.
- Blue Book with Cat Face = Enemy Guide: Transitions the player to the Enemy Guide, where the player can view the Enemy Units they've encountered.
- Orange Circle with a kanji 宝 = Treasure: (Main Chapters only) Transitions the player to the Treasure Menu, where the player can see which of the chapter's Treasures have been collected.
- ユーザー ランク - User Rank: Show the total number of all Cats and Abilities' level (see User Rank for more information).
- The scroll next to User Rank: Request to upgrade Cat Units' level. The player will receive rewards as they complete these quests.
On the right screen
- XP button: Transition the player to Shop Items to buy XP packs with Cat Food.
- "i" button = Event Information: The player needs an Internet connection to access this feature. It shows the current events in The Battle Cats (monthly events, collaboration events, gacha events...) as well as the changelog for the latest update.
- Cat Food button: The player needs an Internet connection to access this feature. It allows one to buy Cat Food with real money.
In the center screen
- Bottom button アイテムショップ: Shop Items - Transitions the player to Shop Items, where the player can buy Battle Items, Catamins and XP packs with Cat Food.
- Green Cat's Face: Normal Cat Capsule/Gacha - Transitions the player to Normal Cat Capsule screen.
- Yellow Cat's Face: Rare Cat Capsule/Gacha - Transition the player to Rare Cat Capsule screen.
- Refrigerator = Cat Storage: The player can see unused Ability Capsule and duplicate Cats received from the Cat Capsules. Later in the game, the player can also view Catfruit and Talent Orbs here.
The player can do something with this screen door to unlock Flower Cat.
- This list is incomplete.
These backgrounds only appear in Legend Stages during certain events:
- The cats behind the door are replaced by other characters during certain events.
- The Aku Realms is the only area without a Cat Base Menu.