A Catamin (ネコビタン Nekobitan, "Nekovitan") is a type of item added in version 5.0 with several miscellaneous applications and acquisition methods. There are three types of Catamins; from least to most valuable, they are [A], [B] and [C].
- Speeding up a Gamatoto Expedition or Ototo Development Team project (1 hour for [A], 3 hours for [B], 6 hours for [C])
- Playing Catamin Stages (cost varies by map)
- Shortening Gauntlet standby periods by 30 minutes (1 Catamin [A])
- Buying them in sets of 3 using Cat Food (30 for [A], 80 for [B], 150 for [C])
- User Rank rewards starting from User Rank 2050
- Doing draws on Catamin Capsules or Lucky Capsule Gs.
- Donating 5,000,000 XP to the Cat Shrine (20% chance for [A] or [B] x1, 17% for [C] x1)
- Heavenly Tower: Floors 6 ([A] x5), 8 ([B] x5) and 11 ([C] x3)
- Infernal Tower: Floors 2, 5 Floor 8, 12, 15, 18, 22, 25 and , 28 (3 random Catamins of any one type per floor)
- Certain Gauntlet stages
- Enigma Stages: Vitamin Valley or Vitamin Volcano
- A Catamin [A] looks like a bottle of Lipovitan D, a stronger version of the energy drink Lipovitan. Ironically, the number of Catamin types stops just short of reaching [D], perhaps because it would then look too similar to the real drink.
- H. Nah's addiction to counterfeit Catamin [C] resulted in his losing his mind and becoming Red EnerG.