Clash of Steel (Merciless) is one of the Continuation Stages that the player can access after beating An Elder Secret (Merciless), the first stage in Growing Strange. Completing this stage yields an Elder Catfruit Seed, or on rare occasions, an Elder Catfruit.
- Metal Doges appear as peons at the beginning.
- Metal One Horn appears after 16.7 seconds.
- When the enemy base is damaged, Sir Metal Seal appears as a boss alongside Super Metal Hippoe and Metal One Horn, with another Metal One Horn appearing after 20 seconds.
There are 3 kinds of strategies for this level
- Use Uber Rares that can easily stall Metal foes (Poseidon can almost permafreeze if you stack 2 and time them correctly, Kaguya is also amazing) and slowly kill the enemies using some Critical Hitters.
- Don't waste space on stallers and only bring one very strong anti-Metal, hoping for RNG and spamming everything your money allows you to spam as meatshields, even units that aren't normally used for this if you have plenty of money.
- If you don't have a good anti-Metal or if you would need too many of them to complete the level, you can just focus your army for other Growing Strange stages that require the addition of less focused units. (This isn't a strategy to beat this level, but it can be the best choice sometimes.)