Color of Blood (Merciless) is one of the Continuation Stages that the player can access after beating An Elder Secret (Merciless), the first stage in Growing Strange. Completing this stage yields an Elder Catfruit Seed, or on rare occasions, an Elder Catfruit.
- The stage starts off with a lone Shy Boy.
- Professor A., Capy, Hackey and 2 Ginger Snaches emerge after attacking the enemy base.
- There are 2 more Capies, each spawning after 40 seconds.
- Ginger Snaches appear every 26.7~33 seconds during the boss fight.
The main goal in this level is to hold out until all the Capies are dead or near it. Remain cautious, as if you push the Capies too hard, your backliner cats, even if they have decent range, will be taken out by Professor A. Make sure as few non-meatshield units as possible get into Hackey's blind spot.
If you have Aphrodite in your loadout, perfect. When the battle starts, upgrade your Worker Cat to level 3 and stall the Shy Boy near the base so Aphrodite doesn't hit him, use meatshields that don't do much damage (dual Erasers work greatly as long as both Erasers can survive 2 hits before dying on the third hit), just spam the meatshields and stack Aphrodites, preferably 5. When you're ready to attack, kill the Shy Boy and hope Capy doesn't get close enough to Crit an Aphrodite. Let the Aphrodites snipe Professor A. and Hackey if not destroying the base before, level 38+ Aphrodite is preferred so she can survive a Hackey hit.
If you don't have Aphrodite, you can beat the stage with many other Uber Rares, using a similar strategy, but the amount of work required is higher than that for other stages, so focus on this only as a last resort or in your army already seems ready for a difficult Red stage.
- Prior to version 8.0, Professor A. was buffed to 150% instead of 100%, there were 4 Capies instead of 3 and the Capies and Ginger Snaches had a faster spawn rate.