He lacks speed in both movement and attack rate, but he boasts immense health and attack power. He has lower attack than The Face at 100% strength magnification, but his buff is 150% in his first appearance, giving him 149,998 health and 2,700 damage. Even though he has a very slow attack rate, he has insane range as a trade-off. It's important to note that Dark Emperor Nyandam's Hitbox is closer to the front of the sprite compared to Director Kurosawah and Galactic Overseer Nyandam.
When you first encounter him, prepare for a close fight, as he is protected by One Horns and a constant spam of Squire Rels and Those Guys (see Moon for strategies). Since few cats can outrange him, focus on units that can survive his attacks, like Fish Cat and Titan Cat. Even later on, it's important to be wary of this enemy, as his strong, ranged attacks can put a dent in many cat armies, posing a huge danger especially to units with low health and not enough range to stay safe, like Bahamut Cat.
Nyandam's long attack animation can be exploited: use the Cat Cannon when his attack animation is about to finish to interrupt it and force Nyandam to restart the attack. A stack of Pirate Cats or Bean Cats in early-game can be used to stunlock him provided he's by himself, which can be used to cheese Last Gang.
|Enemy Unit # 023||Red|
|Dark Emperor Nyandam|
|Angry that he isn't allowed to|
drink anything alcoholic.
Shows off by pretending to drink.
The glass is filled with coffee jelly.
|Enemy Unit # 023||Red|
|悪の帝王ニャンダム (Aku no Teiou Nyandamu, Evil Emperor Nyandam)|
|Angry that he can't drink alcohol in spite of being an evil emperor,|
so he dyed his whole body red
in order to feel drunk.
Of course, the contents of the glass are coffee jelly.
|Director Kurosawah||Dark Emperor Nyandam's Black variant, with better attack damage and range.|
|Li'l Nyandam||Has a bit more range and less time between his attacks than his older self. Appears at the end of Stories of Legend sub-chapter 23, Dead End Night, from which he can be unlocked as a Cat Unit.|
|Dark Emperor Santa||A Christmas version of Nyandam with less health but more attack power, no delay between attacks and the ability to freeze the movement of Cat Units. Traited as Red/Aku.|
|Galactic Overseer Nyandam||An Alien version of Nyandam that has a chance to slow Cat Units. He also has longer range and more damage.|
|Satan Claus||Another Alien variant, with health on par with normal Nyandam variants but much less range, a significantly shorter delay between attacks, faster movement speed and the ability to warp back Cat Units.|
|Evil Emperor Cat||The enemy version of Emperor Cat, a Nyandam-like Relic enemy found in the Advent Stage Prelude to Ruin. Deals relatively low damage but has an Omni Strike reaching up to 620 range, while also being able to do powerful Surge Attacks with both curse and freeze effects.|
|Possessed Empress||The Aku enemy version of Empress Cat, with an extremely strong Shield, piercing range and guaranteed Mini-Waves and slow. Appears in Temptation's Symphony.|
- Stage 2-48: Moon (150%)
- Stage 14: Saudi Arabia (800%)
- Stage 7-1: Red Tuna Coast (400%)
- Stage 7-6: Cave Fillet (600%)
- Stage 19-2: Last Gang (2,200%)
- Stage 20-4: Monkey Magic (300%)
- Stage 21-3: Red Alert (2,200%)
- Stage 22-5: Dictator's Garden (800%)
- Stage 23-2: Catharsis' End (1,200%)
- Stage 26-1: Oil Platform (800%)
- Stage 28-3: Cat Catharsis (700%)
- Stage 36-1: Greeter at the Gates (1,600%)
- Stage 46-6: Haunted Genome (1,200%)
- Stage 2-6: Mince Hill (2,800%)
- Stage 9-1: Escolar Coast (2,800%)
- Stage 16-3: Hangover Couch (2,800%)
- Stage 21-1: Furry Cavern (2,200%)
- Stage 32-1: Spiralling Ring (2,200%)
- Stage 40-4: Breakwater Blood Feud (2,200%)
- Stage 41-5: Fire Kingdom Dynamite (2,200%)
- Ritual Happiness: Soul Leasing (100%)
- Heaven of Darkness: Attack on B-Cyclone (Expert) (200%)
- NEO Darkness Heaven: Wrath of B-Cyclone (Insane) (200%)
- Boogie Awakens!: Boogie Up (Expert) (1,400%)
- The Battle Cats POP!: But the App's Fun Too :) (700%)
- Arcane Confluence: Otherworld Meadow (400%)
- Axe Maniac: Unjust War (Deadly) (1,200%)
- The Proving Grounds: 4th Round: Dusk (Veteran) (200%)
- Seeing Red ∞: Ruins of the North (800%)
- The March of Flames: Western Wastes (800%)
- Season 1: School Days: Always on my Mind (1,000%)
- Heavenly Tower:
- Infernal Tower: Floor 11 (1,200%)
- Red Citadel: Floor 5 (150%)
|Dark Emperor Nyandam|
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|99,999 HP||1,800 damage
|463f 15.43 seconds||2||3 times||104f 3.47s |
(29f 0.97s backswing)
- These are Dark Emperor Nyandam's stats at 100% strength magnification. When first encountered, he has 149,998 HP and deals 2,700 damage.
Nyanko Defence Force
In Nyanko Defence Force, Dark Emperor Nyandam had many new variants that could be fought as bosses or Raid Bosses. Instead of attacking directly, they would constantly summon elemental spirits which would orbit around them and shoot projectiles at the player. There were three types of spirits:
- Water Spirits would occasionally shoot several blue projectiles at once.
- Air Spirits would constantly morph into a tornado, releasing a small green projectile.
- Fire Spirits would periodically shoot five orange projectiles at the player in quick succession.
|Ghostly Dark Nyandam
(ゴースト 債怒 ダークニャンダム)
|Ghostly Frozen Nyandam
(ゴースト フローズン ダークニャンダム)
|Ghostly Lava Nyandam
(ゴースト 溶岩 ダークニャンダム)
|Frozen Relic Nyandam|
|Lava Relic Nyandam
(古代の 溶岩の ダークニャンダム)
|Umbral Relic Nyandam||Valentine's Nyandam||Water Spirit||Air Spirit (Normal Form)|
|Air Spirit (Tornado Form)||Fire Spirit|
The Burgle Cats
Dark Emperor Nyandam appears as a League 8 trap in The Burgle Cats.
Princess Punt Sweets
During the collab, Dark Emperor Nyandam can be fought as part of a boss rush.
|Dark Emperor Nyandam in Princess Punt Sweets||Dark Emperor Nyandam, Princess Head, Teacher Bun Bun and J.K Bun Bun on the boss rush sign|
Battle Cats Wiki has a gallery for Dark Emperor Nyandam (Red).
- He is based on Satan, who is the "Emperor of Darkness".
- Despite sharing no visual similarities, Nyandam is quite possibly a reference to Bibendum, mascot of the Michelin tyre company. Bibendum is pronounced Bibandamu (ビバンダム) in Japanese, while Nyandam is Ni~yandamu (ニャンダム). Furthermore, Bibendum was initially conceived as a regal figure holding a glass of beer and exclaiming the Latin phrase Nunc est bibendum ("Now is the time to drink"), while Nyandam ironically cannot drink.
- His name was changed from "Nyandum" to "Nyandam" between the two English versions.
- He appears during Souma & Cat's attack animation.
- In Yuru-i GeGeGe no Kitarou: Youkai Dotabata Daisensou, Kagami-Jijii uses an attack strikingly similar to Dark Emperor Nyandam's.
- The Face, Dark Emperor Nyandam and Teacher Bun Bun all share the same amount of health: 99,999. However, Nyandam only has one unbuffed appearance, and Teacher Bun Bun is always fought at 400% or more.
- He is the first enemy to appear above 100% strength magnification in his debut.
- Sathankhamun VIII's mask looks exactly like Dark Emperor Nyandam's face.