- 1 Enemy
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Dictionary
- 4 Variants
- 5 Encounters
- 6 Stats
- 7 Existence Elsewhere
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Reference
He lacks speed in both movement and attack rate, but he boasts immense health and attack power. He has lower attack than The Face at 100% strength magnification, but his buff is 150% in his first appearance, giving him 149,998 health and 2,700 damage. Even though he has a very slow attack rate, he has insane range as a trade-off. It's important to note that Dark Emperor Nyandam's Hitbox is closer to the front of the sprite compared to Director Kurosawah and Galactic Overseer Nyandam.
When you first encounter him, prepare for a close fight, as he is protected by One Horns and a constant spam of Squire Rels and Those Guys (see Moon for strategies). Since few cats can outrange him, focus on units that can survive his attacks, like Fish Cat and Titan Cat. Even later on, it's important to be wary of this enemy, as his strong, ranged attacks can put a dent in many cat armies, posing a huge danger especially to units with low health and not enough range to stay safe, like Bahamut Cat.
Nyandam's long attack animation can be exploited: use the Cat Cannon when his attack animation is about to finish to interrupt it and force Nyandam to restart the attack. A stack of Pirate Cats or Bean Cats in early-game can be used to stunlock him provided he's by himself, which can be used to cheese Last Gang.
|Enemy Unit # 25||Red|
Dark Emperor Nyandam
|Angry that he isn't allowed to|
drink anything alcoholic.
Shows off by pretending to drink.
The glass is filled with coffee jelly.
|Enemy Unit # 25||Red|
悪の帝王ニャンダム (Aku no Teiou Nyandamu, Evil Emperor Nyandam)
|Angry that he can't drink alcohol in spite of being an evil emperor,|
so he dyed his whole body red
in order to feel drunk.
Of course, the contents of the glass are coffee jelly.
Dark Emperor Nyandam's Black variant, with better attack damage and range.
Another Alien variant, with health on par with normal Nyandam variants but much less range, a significantly shorter delay between attacks, faster movement speed and the ability to warp back Cat Units.
A Nyandam-like Relic enemy found in the Advent Stage Prelude to Ruin. Deals relatively low damage but has an Omni Strike of up to 620 range, while also being able to do powerful Surge Attacks with both curse and freeze effects.
An Aku variant of Nyandam, an Aku variant of Princess Cat. (More information needed)
- Stage 2-48: Moon (150%)
- Stage 7-1: Red Tuna Coast (400%)
- Stage 7-6: Cave Fillet (600%)
- Stage 19-2: Last Gang (2200%)
- Stage 20-4: Monkey Magic (300%)
- Stage 21-3: Red Alert (2200%)
- Stage 22-5: Dictator's Garden (800%)
- Stage 23-2: Catharsis' End (1200%)
- Stage 26-1: Oil Platform (800%)
- Stage 28-3: Cat Catharsis (700%)
- Stage 36-1: Greeter at the Gates (1600%)
- Stage 46-6: Haunted Genome (1200%)
- Stage 2-6: Mince Hill (2800%)
- Stage 9-1: Escolar Coast (2800%)
- Stage 16-3: Hangover Couch (2800%)
- Stage 21-1: Furry Cavern (2200%)
- Stage 32-1: Spiralling Ring (2200%)
- Ritual Happiness: Soul Leasing (100%)
- Heaven of Darkness: Attack on B-Cyclone (Expert) (200%)
- Boogie Awakens!: Boogie Up (Expert) (1400%)
- The Battle Cats POP!: At Nintendo eShop! (700%)
- Axe Maniac: Unjust War (Deadly) (1200%)
- NEO Darkness Heaven: Wrath of B-Cyclone (Insane) (200%)
- Seeing Red ∞: Ruins of the North (800%)
- Heavenly Tower:
|Dark Emperor Nyandam|
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|99,999 HP||1,800 damage
|463f (15.43 seconds)||2||3 times||104f 3.47s |
(29f 0.97s backswing)
- These are Dark Emperor Nyandam's stats at 100% strength magnification. When first encountered, he has 149,998 HP and deals 2,700 damage.
Nyanko Defence Force
In Nyanko Defence Force, Dark Emperor Nyandam had many new variants that could be fought as bosses or Raid Bosses. Instead of attacking directly, they would constantly summon elemental spirits which would orbit around them and shoot projectiles at the player. There were three types of spirits:
- Water Spirits would occasionally shoot several blue projectiles at once.
- Air Spirits would constantly morph into a tornado, releasing a small green projectile.
- Fire Spirits would periodically shoot five orange projectiles at the player in quick succession.
Except for Dark Nyandam, Frozen Nyandam, Ghostly Frozen Nyandam, Lava Nyandam, Umbral Nyandam and Wrathful Relic Nyandam, all names used for these enemies are conjectural.
|Ghostly Frozen Nyandam
(ゴースト フローズン ダークニャンダム)
|Ghostly Frozen Nyandam Raid||Chibi General Nyandam|
(ちび 大将 ダークニャンダム)
|Ghostly Lava Nyandam (ゴースト 溶岩 ダークニャンダム)||Umbral Nyandam
|Wrathful Relic Nyandam
(古代 慣怒 ダークニャンダム)
|Frozen Relic Nyandam|
|Firelic Nyandam (古代の 溶岩の ダークニャンダム)||Dark Relic Nyandam||Valentine's Nyandam||Ghostly Nyandam (ゴースト 債怒 ダークニャンダム)||Water Spirit|
|Air Spirit (Normal Form)||Air Spirit (Tornado Form)||Fire Spirit|
The Burgle Cats
Dark Emperor Nyandam appears as a League 8 trap in The Burgle Cats.
- His name was changed from "Nyandum" to "Nyandam" between the two English versions.
- He is based on Satan, who is the "Emperor of Darkness".
- He appears during Souma & Cat's attack animation.
- In Yuru-i GeGeGe no Kitarou: Youkai Dotabata Daisensou, Kagami-Jijii uses an attack strikingly similar to Dark Emperor Nyandam's.
- The Face, Dark Emperor Nyandam and Teacher Bun Bun all share the same amount of health: 99,999. However, Nyandam only has one unbuffed appearance, and Teacher Bun Bun is always fought at 400% or more.
- He is the first enemy to appear above 100% strength magnification in his debut.
- He is currently the only final boss not to be Floating or Traitless.
- Counting Evil Emperor Cat, Dark Emperor Nyandam has the most (confirmed) Relic variants of all enemies, with one in The Battle Cats and at least four in Nyanko Defence Force.