Compared to Bore, Dread Bore gains the usual Zombie abilities of burrow + revive and moves significantly faster, but its other stats are more or less the same. However, because there are far fewer Anti-Zombie cats than there are Anti-Red cats, it will often prove to be much harder to deal with. Its money drop is notably quite high for a Zombie enemy.
It is critical to use Cats that can inflict status effects on Dread Bore to bring him to a halt. But beware as this enemy will burrow under your front line, blocking the way and attacking incoming units. This can be a problem when combined with other enemies that you need a consistent stream of meatshields for, like Lord Gravey.
To keep Dread Bore at bay, options from the Rare category include Heavyweight Cat, Lumbercat, Magica Cat, Talented Enchantress Cat and Talented Corrupted Psychocat. In terms of Uber/Legend Rares, anti-Zombies are obviously the way to go; the longer they can stall him for, the better.
|Enemy Unit # 430||Zombie|
|Thanks to a tragic accident with a perm|
machine, this piggy both gained a stylish set
of dreadlocks... and became an ex-Bore.
Talk about a sudden image change.
|Enemy Unit # 430||Zombie|
|Thanks to a perm machine explosion, this boar faced an|
unplanned image change with a set of dreadlocks. Super
popular in the reggae world nowadays, but was really
aiming for an Enka* debut with a punch perm.
*Enka is a genre of music stylistically resembling traditional Japanese music.
- Stage 1-24: The Great Abyss (100%)
- Stage 1-33: Easter Island (100%)
- Stage 1-37: Mexico (100%)
- Stage 1-41: Canada (100%)
- Stage 1-44: NASA (100%)
- Stage 1-47: Floating Continent (100%)
- Stage 1-48: Moon (100%)
- Stage 2-24: The Great Abyss (100%)
- Stage 2-33: Easter Island (120%)
- Stage 2-37: Mexico (120%)
- Stage 2-41: Canada (120%)
- Stage 2-44: NASA (120%)
- Stage 2-47: Floating Continent (120%)
- Stage 3-33: Easter Island (150%)
- Stage 3-41: Canada (100%, 150%)
- Stage 3-44: NASA (100%, 150%)
- Stage 3-47: Floating Continent (150%)
- Stage 8-5: Morbid Mesa (300%)
- Stage 15-2: Mermaid Sauce (300%)
- Stage 23-2: Brave Dog's Bone (300%)
- Stage 29-5: Buried Hypocrisy (300%)
- Stage 37-5: Border Between Worlds (300%)
- Stage 41-4: Hell's Crater (300%)
- Bears Be Back: Grizzled Veterans (100%)
- Isle of the Map Lord: Compass Mound (Deadly) (120%)
- Heavenly Tower: Floor 43 (300%)
- Zombie Citadel:
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|400,000 HP||4,500 damage (12,272.73 DPS)||130
|11f (0.37 seconds)||22||2 times||8f 0.27s (3f 0.1s backswing)|
|Burrows underground 1125 after a Cat enters its range (1 time)
Revives with 50% HP after being dead for 150f (1 time)
- Dread Bore's Japanese name, Shinoshishi, is a pun combining shi, meaning "death", and inoshishi, meaning "wild boar".
- Dread Bore is noticeably smaller than most other Bores, in spite of having similar stats. It is speculated that this was done so that the animators could use the same burrowing animation that was used for other Zombie enemies. Without the size decrease, Dread Bore would have been too large to fit in the hole and thus would require a modified digging animation.