- For the Invasion stage, see Eldritch Forces/Invasion.
Eldritch Forces is the final stage of the Stories of Legend campaign and the only stage in Laboratory of Relics. Upon completion, the player will unlock the cat unit Mecha-Bun (Special Cat). This is a No Continues stage, so using Cat Food to continue is not allowed.
After beating all Stories of Legend sub-chapters on all star difficulties, the ★★★★ version of this stage will be unlocked. After completion, the ★★★★ stage will be invaded.
Doge, Snache and Those Guys are sent as peons. After 20 seconds, 1 Li'l Bun Bun appears. When the enemy base's HP is down to 99%, Mecha-Bun appears as the boss. Ginger Snaches, Doge Darks, Gabriels and Crocos will be sent as support.
Note: This is a general and flexible lineup.
Lineup: Double Research Combo (Sm) (Biohazard and Bony Bone), Sadako Cat, Vengeful Cat, Tathagata Cat (if possible), a Long Distance/wave attacker (such as Manic Macho Legs or Polevaulter Cat), Cyberpunk Cat or an Uber Rare who can freeze, weaken or slow Floating (such as Mitama the Oracle or Divine Coppermine) and 2 meatshields.
Strategy: Lure Li'l Bun Bun close to the Cat Base and stall him with either Manic Eraser Cat or Eraser Cat. Stack anti-Floating Uber Rares/Cyberpunk Cats, Necro-Dancer Cats and Tathagata Cats. Sadako Cat can help you stall the Li'l Bun Bun. After you have saved up money, you can start pushing.
- If you are using the Cyberpunk stack strategy, just spam normally and stall. The Cyberpunks should sufficiently stall Mecha-Bun with the supporting meatshields.
- If you are using the Uber stack strategy, hope for good luck and try to add Necro-Dancer Cat or Tathagata Cat for more reliable freezes/slows. They usually kill Bun Bun faster.
- If you are using the Necro-Dancer or Tathagata strategy, you have to hope for the best, though the Research Combo should save you in many situations.
Either way, Sadako Cat acts as a very good tank, allowing the stacking of as many Necro-Dancers as you want (unless you have very bad luck) and, as a consequence, allowing a permanent freeze.
Strategy 2 (ft. Divine Kai)
Items: Rich Cat (helpful here)
Strategy: Lure Li'l Bun Bun to your base and meatshield when he gets close enough. Start stacking Necro-Dancer Cats immediately. Once Li'l Bun Bun appears to be perma-frozen, send out Divine Kai and start spamming your Cameraman Cats and M. Macho Legs. Also, obviously, start spamming meatshields. when Divine Kai hits the base, your Necro-Dancers should be behind her a little bit, as to not immediately die to Mecha-Bun. Just keep spamming relentlessly and he should die at some point. Kill the base with Bahamut and you're done with the stage.
Strategy 3 (4 Stars ★★★★)
Lineup: Bony Bone and Biohazard combo, 2 of the following cats: Masked Yulala, Slime Cat, Rugby Cat, Phantom Cat, Hermit Cat, Master Uril (all level 30); Lil' Eraser Cat (35+7), Riceball Cat (32, no talents need), Cyborg Cat (45+10)/Cataur (35) [optional], Healer Cat or Sanzo Cat (optional), Awakened Bahumut Cat (30).
Cat Cannon: Thunderbolt (17)
Items: Rich Cat (Recommended but not needed)
Strategy: First upgrade your wallet to level 2, then wait until the Lil' Bun Bun is at your base then spam Necrodancer Cat, Sanzo/Healer (use healer if the Lil' Bun bun is near perma frozen) and meatshield with Riceball and Lil' Eraser, after the Lil' Bun bun dies stop spawning Riceball cat and try to wait a few seconds after spawning another Lil' Eraser Cat, when they are close to the base resume spawning Riceball Cat and keep on spaming Necrodancer, Sanzo/Healer; when Mecha-Bun comes out freeze him with the thunderbolt when he is near your Necrodancer stack and then he should be perma-frozen, afterwards spawn your LD/wave/surge units, Cyborg and Awakened Bahamut Cat and if all goes well you should have beaten it, afterwards prepare for the next battle with IDI:Re.
|Chuck||3 Star Freeze Strat|
- This is the only Stories of Legend stage to have No Continues, a unique enemy base design, a unique boss theme or an exclusive background.
- This is the only Stories of Legend stage to have a guaranteed drop (Mecha-Bun, or Idi:N in the Invasion).
- In the background of this stage, you can see Relic Doges inside the containers.