Empress' Research is an Aku-centered "questline" involving numerous stages and missions. It is a key part of progression because of how many features are gated behind it, most importantly Imminent Disaster and The Aku Realms.
Part 1: Empress' Research
The first part consists of two tiers of three groups of maps that appear during a specific hour of each day.
The first tier is unlocked after completing Empire of Cats Chapter 3; each map contains four stages and disappears when you clear a stage, so it will take a minimum of 4 days to finish Tier 1.
The second tier consists of the "Wicked Cat" maps, which will pit you against Aku versions of the first three Normal Cats. Each appears after clearing a specific Tier 1 map and shares a schedule with the one that was required to unlock it. Unlike the first tier, these don't disappear and only contain two stages per map. Players can only clear each Tier 1 and Tier 2 map once per save file.
|Group||Tier 1||Tier 2||Schedule|
|A||Arcane Confluence||Wicked Cat||
|B||Servant of Darkness||Wicked Tank||
|C||Demon's Park||Wicked Axe||
Part 2: Empress' Call to Arms
There is only one map in this part: Unleasing the Cats, which appears after clearing all Part 1 stages listed above. It has no time limit and contains only one stage, which disappears when cleared, so it can only be beaten once per save file. By completing this map, you will receive 100 Cat Food via missions and unlock several new features, including the first map of Part 3:
- The Aku Realms: A new area in Empire of Cats containing a wide range of enemies. Every Aku Realm stage you complete reduces the level handicap imposed by the Aku Altar by 1. Clear all Aku Realm stages to receive one-time rewards of 1 Gold Catfruit and 1 Platinum Ticket.
- Temptation's Symphony: An Advent Stage from which you can unlock Pied Piper Cat, who is able to break Shields and weaken Aku enemies. Appears on the 9th, 10th, 23rd, and 24th of every month.
- Imminent Disaster: The 39th sub-chapter of Uncanny Legends. Requires Spacetime Distortion to be cleared before it can be challenged.
- Empress' Report 1: See below.
Part 3: Empress' Report
This part sees a return to the four-stage maps that appear for two hours a day. There are only two maps this time, one unlocked after the other, and they have several rewards including Catamins, Legend Catseyes, Battle Items and Aku Catfruit Seeds. Each reward can only be claimed once.
|Empress' Report 1||
|Empress' Report 2||
|Empress' Report 3||
|Empress' Report 4||
|Empress' Research 1: Heretical Spellbooks
Clear "Arcane Confluence" and "Wicked Cat"!
|50 Cat Food|
|Empress' Research 2: Agents of Aku
Clear "Servant of Darkness" and "Wicked Tank"
|50 Cat Food|
|Empress Research 3: Sorcery's Cost
Clear "Demon's Park" and "Wicked Axe"
|50 Cat Food|
|Complete all Empress' Research 1~3 missions!||50 Cat Food|
|Empress' Call to Arms: Liberate the corrupted Cats!
Clear "Unleashing the Cats" (The gates open...)
|100 Cat Food|
- The titular empress is, of course, Empress Cat, who opened the gate to the Aku Realms.