Fear of Flying (Merciless) is one of the Continuation Stages that the player can access after beating An Elder Secret (Merciless), the first stage in Growing Strange. Completing this stage yields an Elder Catfruit Seed, or on rare occasions, an Elder Catfruit.
- 1 Pigeon de Sable spawns after 5 seconds150f.
- 2 Pigeon de Sables spawn after 10 seconds300f, delay 1.67~3.33 seconds50f~100f.
- Infinite Brollows spawn after 23.33 seconds700f, delay 33.33 seconds1,000f.
- When the base reaches 99% HP:
- 10 Brollows spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 22.67 seconds680f.
- 5 Li'l Bun Buns spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 42.67 seconds1,280f.
- 10 Brollows spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 21.33 seconds640f.
- 5 Li'l Bun Buns spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 41.33 seconds1,240f.
- Infinite Pigeon de Sables spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 16.67~18 seconds500f~540f.
- 10 Brollows spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 20 seconds600f.
- 5 Li'l Bun Buns spawn after 0.07 seconds2f, delay 40 seconds1,200f.
- 1 The Face spawns as the boss after 0.07 seconds2f.
This stage is recommended to start grinding Elder Catfruit on, due to the Floating type's many exploitable weaknesses. The Pigeon de Sables are manageable due to their low health, as well as The Face, due to his horrible movement speed.
However, you must be wary of Li'l Bun Buns and Brollows, as when a combination of the two pile up, they can smash through your ranks with ease. Cameraman Cat should do very well in this stage. Octopus Cat is very good for starting cash and you will want it for Pigeons and An Elder Secret anyway (to defend against the Berserkory).
Any unit that slows Floating such as Sanzo Cat (Survivor talent helps) will make this stage much more managable. Keep in mind said units like Sanzo Cat will die to The Face if the stacks of Brollows, Pigeons and Li'l Bun Buns are defeated too quickly.
- Prior to version 8.0, there were more Pigeon de Sables at the beginning, only 1 Brollow spawned before the boss fight, Pigeon de Sable was buffed to 300% instead of 200% and Li'l Bun Bun was buffed to 1300% instead of 1000%.