Flow Like the Stream (Merciless) is an Advent Stage appearing on the 13th, 14th, 27th, and 28th of every month. When clearing this stage, there is a chance to unlock Teacher BearCat. Unlike most Advent Stages, it is unlocked after clearing Chapter 2 of Into the Future. This is a No Continues stage.
- 2 Those Guys spawn after 6.67 seconds200f, delay 3.33~5.33 seconds100f~160f.
- 1 Scissoroo spawns after 10 seconds300f.
- Infinite The Thrillerz spawn after 33.33 seconds1,000f, delay 26.67~33.33 seconds800f~1,000f.
- 3 The Thrillerz spawn after 93.33 seconds2,800f, delay 13.33~16 seconds400f~480f.
- 3 The Thrillerz spawn after 120 seconds3,600f, delay 16~20 seconds480f~600f.
- 3 The Thrillerz spawn after 173.33 seconds5,200f, delay 10~16.67 seconds300f~500f.
- 3 The Thrillerz spawn after 233.33 seconds7,000f, delay 8~14.67 seconds240f~440f.
- When the base reaches 99% HP:
- When the base reaches 75% HP:
- 2 Scissoroos spawn, delay 28~30.67 seconds840f~920f.
It is expected that you have all of the Anti-Alien Treasures from Into the Future, as otherwise the Scissoroos are too much to handle.
The following units are either required to beat this stage, or are massively helpful for subduing Kappy Jr.
- Cameraman Cat: Requires boost and survive talent, minimum level 40. Cameraman is your main ranged meatshield against Kappy Jr. Survive talent guarantees he will survive an attack from Kappy Jr. or a Scissoroo. If you don't have his survive talent, or he is not boosted, do not even try this stage.
- Pizza Cat: Your secondary attack force right along side Cameraman. His unnaturally high health lets him survive attacks from Kappy Jr. Boosting him to level 40 is highly recommended. Talents such as wave are useful, but not required.
- Macho Crystal Cat: If you don't have it's true from, don't try this stage. Without the knock back effect, Kappy Jr. will still get an attack off and cripple your Cameraman stack. Use him sparingly, as if you miss, you are most likely screwed.
- Tourist Cat: True form not required, but highly recommended, as the extra freeze duration is useful for chain knock backing Kappy Jr. Use him like a secondary or backup glass cat.
- Cyberpunk Cat: Not required like the previous cats, but can be useful. Max slow talent is required for him to make an impact and be worth the money, and survive talent is great since Kappy Jr. pushes hard. Use him if you have an extra slot and you don't have any decent Ubers.
Not many Ubers work well in this stage simply due to Kappy's surges, but there are few that can be of great assistance.
- Any Epicfest exclusives can be useful. Most are anti-traitless specialists that are too good to ignore despite lack of surge immunities.
- Kasli the Bane: Surge Immune epicfest exclusive, whose own surge can also take out Kappy's support and provide constant damage.
- Lasvoss: His true form has Evade Surge, making him a good attacker.
- Anubis the Protector: Only good if you have his Evade Surge talent, but this stage starves you of cash, so unless you have no other options, don't waste your NP.
- Cats in the Cradle: While not being immune to surge, his nuker waves can cripple the Scissoroo's, and deal considerable damage to Kappy Jr, even if he only gets in 1 attack. Hypermaxing him is highly recommended as the unit is useful basically everywhere.
*Defence Combo can be replaced with long-ranged units like Cyberpunk Cat, while Bahamut can be replaced another rusher unit
Battle: When the battle starts, wait for the first Scissoroo to get close to the Cat Base. Turn off Sniper the Cat and send one Catellite and spam Cameramen. Catellite should die in three hits, so time your next Catellite carefully. When Scissoroo takes 2 knockbacks, stop sending Catellites and spam Cameramen. There should only be Cameraman Cats on the field only at this point. This is very important as to not hit the base early and have as many Cameramen as possible. As the cats move closer to the enemy base, turn on Sniper and send in a few Catellites and Tourist Cat. When Kappy Jr. spawns, you just need to hope that luck is on your side. All that's left to do is spam Cameramen, and send in Tourist Cats and Macho Crystal Cats. Be sure to time Macho Crystal Cat so he doesn't hit The Thrillerz. If you're in a pickle, use Bahamut or your rush unit + Catellite to stall and deal damage to Kappy Jr. (although it's better to use it for the Scissoroos if they stack). If your luck is not good, then using Uber Rares will help out a bit.
- Timing the stall at the start is very important, for if Catellite is alive when Scissoroo dies, the base will be hit too early.
- You need to have a lot of Cameraman Cats at the start to keep Kappy from advancing too much.
- Don't let the Scissoroos stack - they will melt through everything
- If you decide to use Ubers, Don't just spam them. Most of your money should be for spamming Cameraman.
- Having Cameraman and Catellite at a high level should help with stalling at the start and dealing more damage.
Strategy 2 (Cheese Ft. Healer)
Items: Rich Cat (Recommended)
Battle: Wait for the Scissoroo to come close to your base, then spawn meatshields to stall until Those Guys come, then spawn M. Macho Legs to kill Those Guys to gain enough money to spawn Bahamut, knocking Scissoroo once and let M. Macho die, then spawn a meatshield to let Bahamut cat attack twice more, then finish off with Zamboney Cat. Then, stack 12 Thrillerz by freezing them by Healer Cats, now release the second Bahamut cat to start destroy the base, while spawning another Healer Cat to freeze Thrillerz again. Voila! You’ve cheesed the stage and got Teacher BearCat!
Strategy 3 (Ft. Talented Gato Amigo and Beefcake)
Lineup: Gato Amigo (Level doesn't matter), Catellite (At least level 35), Metal Cat (20), Beefcake Cat (40), Seafarer Cat (At least level 41, mine was 40+11)
Recommended Combos: Any Research Up Combo (Sm will work, M is ideal), Any Defense Up (Sm) Combo. Recommended to use Biohazard and Moby Dick.
Talents: Gato Amigo and Beefcake Cat must have Surge Immune for this strategy to work. Beefcake's strengthen and HP up talents don't matter, but Attack Up should be as high as you can get it. Metal Cat is also a huge help here and helps trivialize the stage on an extremely notable level.
Items: Rich Cat and Sniper the Cat recommended.
Battle: Start the battle by saving up money, spam Metal Cat to stall the Scissoroo. Once you see the first Thrillerz, start spamming Gato Amigo, Catellite, and Beefcake, and spawn one Seafarer. Once the base is hit, keep spamming Gato Amigo and Beefcake, with Catellite as long as you can afford it. Seafarer should get in a few freezes and allow you to beat the pair of Scissoroos. Once those two are dead, it's smooth sailing from then on. As long as your Beefcake is strong enough, spamming him and Gato Amigo by themselves should be enough to eventually overwhelm Kappy and beat the level.
While Catellite and Seafarer make this strategy a lot easier, it should be possible without them, or with them at a lower level. The recommended levels for them are just enough to survive a few hits before dying. Metal Cat is extremely useful during the beginning of the stage for stalling, but not entirely required for this strategy to work. Again, Gato Amigo and Beefcake with talents are the only units you really need.
|Lucas IV||Cheese w/o Healer|
|Sơn Nguyễn Trường||Bunny & Canard, Warlock and Pierre.|
|DosMLK||Healer Cat CC|