Flow Like the Stream (Merciless) is an Advent Stage appearing on the 13th, 14th, 27th, and 28th of every month. When clearing this stage, there is a chance to unlock Teacher BearCat. Unlike most Advent Stages, it is unlocked after clearing Chapter 2 of Into the Future. This is a No Continues stage.
- 2 of Those Guys spawn after 6.67 seconds200f, delay 3.33~5.33 seconds100~160f.
- 1 Scissoroo spawns after 10 seconds300f.
- Infinite Thrillerz spawn after 33.33 seconds1000f, delay 26.66~33.33 seconds800~1000f.
- 3 Thrillerz spawn after 93.33 seconds2800f, delay 13.33~16 seconds400~480f.
- 3 Thrillerz spawn after 120 seconds3600f, delay 16~20 seconds480~6000f.
- 3 Thrillerz spawn after 140 seconds4200f, delay 10~16.67 seconds3000~500f.
- 3 Thrillerz spawn after 233.33 seconds7000f, delay 8~14.67 seconds240~440f.
- When the enemy base is damaged, Kappy Jr. spawns as the boss with:
- Infinite numbers of Those Guys, delay 12~14 seconds360~420f;
- 1 Scissoroo;
- Infinite Scissoroos, delay 48~52 seconds1440~1560f;
- 2 Thrillerz, delay 2~4 seconds60~120f;
- 2 Scissoroos spawn at 75% enemy base HP, delay 28~30.66 seconds840~920f.
*Defence Combo can be replaced with long-ranged units like Cyberpunk Cat, while Bahamut can be replaced by any rush or buffer unit.
Battle: When the battle starts, wait for the first Scissoroo to get close to the Cat Base. Turn off Sniper the Cat and send one Catellite and spam Cameramen. Catellite should die in three hits, so time your next Catellite carefully. When Scissoroo takes 2 knockbacks, stop sending Catellites and spam Cameramen. There should only be Cameraman Cats on the field only at this point. This is very important as to not hit the base early and have as many Cameramen as possible. As the cats move closer to the enemy base, turn on Sniper and send in a few Catellites and Tourist Cat. When Kappy Jr. spawns, you just need to hope that luck is on your side. All that's left to do is spam Cameramen, and send in Tourist Cats and Macho Crystal Cats. Be sure to time Macho Crystal Cat so he doesn't hit The Thrillerz. If you're in a pickle, use Bahamut or your rush unit + Catellite to stall and deal damage to Kappy Jr. (although it's better to use it for the Scissoroos if they stack). If your luck is not good, then using Uber Rares will help out a bit.
- Timing the stall at the start is very important, for if Catellite is alive when Scissoroo dies, the base will be hit too early.
- You need to have a lot of Cameraman Cats at the start to keep Kappy from advancing too much.
- Don't let the Scissoroos stack - they will melt through everything
- If you decide to use Ubers, DON'T just spam them. Most of your money should be for spamming Cameraman.
- Having Cameraman and Catellite at a high level should help with stalling at the start and dealing more damage.
Strategy 2 (Cheese Ft. Healer)
Items: Rich Cat recommended.
Battle: Wait for the Scissoroo to come close to your base, then spawn meatshields to stall until Those Guys come, then spawn M. Macho Legs to kill Those Guys to gain enough money to spawn Bahamut, knocking Scissoroo once and let M. Macho die, then spawn a meatshield to let Bahamut cat attack twice more, then finish off with Zamboney Cat. Then, stack 12 Thrillerz by freezing them by Healer Cats, now release the second Bahamut cat to start destroy the base, while spawning another Healer Cat to freeze Thrillerz again. Walla! You’ve cheesed the stage and got Teacher BearCat!
Strategy 3 (Talented Gato Amigo and Beefcake)
Lineup: Gato Amigo (Level doesn't matter), Catellite (At least level 35), Metal Cat (20), Beefcake Cat (40), Seafarer Cat (At least level 41, mine was 40+11)
Combos Used: Any Research Up Combo (Sm will work, M is ideal), Any Defense Up (Sm) Combo. Recommended to use Biohazard and Feel the Dance.
Talents: Gato Amigo and Beefcake Cat must have Surge Immune for this strategy to work. Beefcake's strengthen and HP up talents don't matter, but Attack Up should be as high as you can get it.
Items: Rich Cat and Sniper the Cat recommended. Might be possible without them, but untested.
Battle: Start the battle by saving up money, spam Metal Cat to stall the Scissoroo. Once you see the first Thrillerz, start spamming Gato Amigo, Catellite, and Beefcake, and spawn one Seafarer. Once the base is hit, keep spamming Gato Amigo and Beefcake, with Catellite as long as you can afford it. Seafarer should get in a few freezes and allow you to beat the pair of Scissoroos. Once those two are dead, it's smooth sailing from then on. As long as your Beefcake is strong enough, spamming him and Gato Amigo by themselves should be enough to eventually overwhelm Kappy and beat the level.
While Catellite and Seafarer make this strategy a lot easier, it should be possible without them, or with them at a lower level. The recommended levels for them are just enough to survive a few hits before dying. Metal Cat is extremely useful during the beginning of the stage for stalling, but not entirely required for this strategy to work. Again, Gato Amigo and Beefcake with talents are the only units you really need.