Battle Cats was a tower-defense and strategy game developed by PONOS and was first known as Battle Cats from November 15th, 2012 to January 10th, 2013, when it was last updated and was removed from both the Google Play Store and the App Store. On February 6th, 2013, version 2 of the game: にゃんこ大戦争 (Nyanko Daisensō) was released but was only available in Japan. On September 17th, 2014, the English Version reappeared under the name The Battle Cats. It has improved a lot since the old English Version and translated materials from the Japanese Version. At September 16th,2016, the game had reached 51 million downloads worldwide.
The game has two main servers, Japan and International. The Japanese Version got updated since version 1.0 to this day. However the International Version, which was separated later, was removed abruptly at version 1.5. Then it continues at version 2.0 as a separate game.
- Nyankoremoved (the game's initial name before ver. 2.0)
- Battle Catsremoved (the old English version, which was an alternative version of Nyanko)
All the original materials were moved to a new title combined with new features.
- Nyanko Daisensou (Japanese Version's name since ver. 2.0)
- Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou (Nintendo 3DS version of Nyanko Daisensou)
- Futari de! Nyanko Daisensou (Nintendo Switch version of Nyanko Daisensou)
- Minna de Nyanko Daisensouremoved (PC version of Nyanko Daisensou)
- The Battle Cats (the current, official English Version, also known as Battle Cats version 2, now becomes the alternative of Nyanko Daisensou)
- 냥코 대전쟁 (the Korean Version, roughly translates to Nyanko Great War)
- 貓咪大戰爭 (the Chinese/Taiwanese version)
- Battle Cats Rangers (にゃんこレンジャー)removed, a clicker spin-off title that was released by MEMORY Inc. on April 17th, 2017.
- Go! Go! Pogo Cat
- Nyanko Bōei-gun (にゃんこ防衛軍)removed
- The Burgle Cats (にゃんこ大泥棒)
- Nyanko Daibōsō (にゃんこ大暴走)removed
- Kumanchu Rowaiaru (クマんちゅ ロワイアル)removed
- Battle Cats Quest (にゃんこクエスト)
- The Mr. series of gamesremoved, whose titular character is a purchasable Special Cat.
- GirlsMons (ガルズモンズ)removed, a puzzle-based RPG that had some of its characters (Undead Cat and the Girls & Monsters Uber Rares) permanently added to The Battle Cats as playable units.
- Namesuta (なめすた)removed, a slug racing game whose slimy steeds appear in The Battle Cats as Slug Jockey Cat and the Sluggies.
- Kyoto Project (京刀のナユタ)removed, a tower defense game whose protagonist Kyosaka Nanaho is obtainable as a Legend Rare Cat in The Battle Cats.
- Yuru-i GeGeGe no Kitarō: Yōkai Dotabata Daisensō (ゆる～いゲゲゲの鬼太郎 妖怪ドタバタ大戦争) or simply YuruGeGe (ゆるゲゲ), a GeGeGe no Kitarō tower defense game developed by PONOS and DeNa. Although its characters have only been obtainable as part of a collab, some of its exclusive features may have inspired those in The Battle Cats or were later added directly, such as the "show and deploy from both rows at once" option in battles.