Grotesque Gallery (変覧会の絵 Painting Exhibition) is the 42nd sub-chapter of Stories of Legend. It was added in update 6.4 of The Battle Cats on the 13th of September, 2017. Difficulty modes available for this sub-chapter include ★, ★★, ★★★, and ★★★★.
A joke of a subchapter, these stages should be a breeze, with the possible exception of the last stage. Most of these stages' gimmicks is that if you do a certain thing wrong, you'll essentially lose.
This sub-chapter does not introduce any new enemies, but the Doge Base makes its third appearance in-game here.
Although not his first appearance in-game, Angel Fanboy makes his debut in Stories of Legend here.
List of Levels
This sub-chapter contains 6 stages:
- Stage 42-1: Cubist Crimes - Just a lot of peons spawning, but if the enemy base reaches 99% health, then infinite 4000% Brollows will spawn, destroying the player's base immediately. The only way to win is to use a cat that can destroy the enemy base instantly, such as Awakened Bahamut.
- Stage 42-2: Surrealist Sins - Just a Doge Base. After 2 minutes, a single 4500% Assassin Bear will spawn. This Assassin Bear is the only enemy in the stage, except for Ms. Sign.
- Stage 42-3: Gouache Ghouls - Spawns a single Angelic Gory and an Angel Fanboy at the beginning. After 66 seconds, infinite Ms. Signs will spawn, allowing you to cheese the stage. If the base is hit before then, then the player will be met with infinite 1000% Angelic Gories, Angelic Sleipnirs and Sunfish Jones.
- Stage 42-4: Death by Dada - Spawns 2 Croakleys , and 2 more when the base is hit, along with a One Horn. Ginger Snaches and Znaches serve as peons throughout. Stage width is significantly short, allowing the Croakleys to easily hit the Cat Base.
- Stage 42-5: Baroque Beasts - A single 1000% Teacher Bun Bun appears at the beginning with lots of Wall Doges. After 3 minutes, three 1000% CyberFaces will spawn.
- Stage 42-6: Atrocious Deco - A stage much like Kugel Schreiber, with waves of bosses. Begins with Berserkory, then Razorback, then Bun Bun Symbiote, and finally Boraphim with Angelic Sleipnir. Stage width is even shorter here. Unlike Kugel Schreiber, the enemies spawn when their base takes enough damage, rather than when an enemy dies.
- All the stages are named after a type of art.