This feature has become unobtainable and can only be obtained via hacking.
- This article is about the Cat Unit. For the enemy unit, see HUGE HERMIT (Enemy).
|Cat Unit # 222|
Evolves into HUGE HERMIT CC at level 10.
- Horrible range
- Slow movement speed
- Mediocre health and DPS
This unit can be used as a replacement for Titan Cat or Whale Cat when facing Alien enemies, due to its increased effectiveness against them. However, the vast majority of aliens have high DPS and higher range than HUGE HERMIT, as well as low money drop, which can easily cripple HUGE HERMIT's usage against them, due to his low range and mediocre health for a melee unit. Its usage serves more against Alien backliners which don't hit as heavily, such as Calamary and Alpacky, as he can tank their hits and cripple them down, but take in mind these always have a strong frontline defending them.
Outside of Alien units, this unit gets easily outclassed by Manic Island Cat, who has nearly the same stats, better speed, and much lower cost and recharge time. Manic Island Cat also has better survivability due to having multiple knockbacks. As a matter of fact, HUGE HERMIT's terrible performance for his rarity and cost, which are low enough for him to be considered one of the worst ubers in the game, also make him easy to outclass as a whole, even against Aliens.
|Cat Unit # 222||Uber Rare Cat|
|Recruited from Metal Slug Defense! Giant crab that uses tank wreckage to attack. Massive damage to Aliens (Area Atk.)|
HUGE HERMIT CC
|Recruited from Metal Slug Defense! Terrifying claws wade towards the beachhead! Massive damage to Aliens (Area Atk.)|
|Cat Unit # 222||Uber Rare Cat|
ヒュージハーミット (Hyūjihāmitto, Huge Hermit)
|Here from Metal Slug Defence to participate in the war! The investigating rank and file soldiers encountered this enormous hermit crab. Extremely strong against aliens. (Area Attack).|
ヒュージハーミットCC (HyūjihāmittoCC, Huge HermitCC)
|Here from Metal Slug Defence to participate in the war! Its giant claws tear through the sand. Extremely strong against aliens. (Area Attack).|
- Chapter 1: 2,500¢
- Chapter 2: 3,750¢
- Chapter 3: 5,000¢
|Total XP Cost||14,614,050|
- Level 30-49 upgrades cost Catseyes: 30-44 = 1 Catseye, 45-49 = 2 Catseyes
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack animation||Recharge Time|
|2,444 HP||300 damage||166||0.73 seconds||9||1 time||9f||44.73s - 35.93s|
|Health (Lv.30)||Attack Power (Lv.30)||Attack Type||Special Ability|
|41,547 HP||5,100 damage||Area Attack||Strong against Alien Enemies (Deals 1.5x damage; takes only 1/2 damage).|
|HUGE HERMIT CC|
|Health (Lv.30)||Attack Power (Lv.30)||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack animation||Recharge Time|
|56,660 HP||7,650 damage||166||0.73 seconds||9||1 time||9f||1342f - 1,078f|
|Lv.MAX||Attack Type||Special Ability|
|Lv.50+70||Area Attack||Strong against Alien Enemies (Deals 1.5x damage; takes only 1/2 damage).|
- *First stats are 1st form's initial, second and third stats include 300% Empire of Cats Treasures; recharge time may vary.
- *Time between attacks is the time from the attack's execution to the start of the next attack (includes backswing).
- *For units with multi-hit attacks, attack animation is the part of the animation leading up to the first hit.
- *Fruit Treasures not included.
- *See this section to calculate HUGE HERMIT's stats.
- Normal Form: Takes the form of the infamous first boss of Metal Slug 3, the Huge Hermit. Appears in grayscale. It never uses its cannon to attack but its claws.
- Evolved Form: Now in full color.
- Unlike the original Huge Hermit, this one always has its cannon out, a trait only seen in Metal Slug Defense/Attack.
- The only other game it appears in is Metal Slug 3, and in there, the cannon is not shown and only revealed after dealing enough damage to Huge Hermit.
|Metal Slug Defense Collaboration Event|
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Level-up • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents • Talent Orbs|