The Heavenly Tower, or Cat Cloud Tower (風雲にゃんこ塔) in Japanese, is an event stage added in update 6.2. It is associated with the Catnip Challenges feature. It is accessible in the Stories of Legend menu. After a period end, all progress made in this event will reset, so the player can replay the floors to get the same rewards again, with some exceptions.
About the Tower
The Heavenly Tower contains 40 stages (30 before version 6.7), called floors (階), with Cyclones, Awakened Cats and even Event enemies from monthly and annual events. (Slightly buffed Crazed Cats appear from Floor 31, with up to three kinds appearing on the same floor.) After completing a floor for the first time, the player will receive gifts including Battle Items, Catseyes, Catfruit, Tickets, Catamins, XP and Materials along with Hermit Cat and Masked Yulala upon defeating their respective counterparts on the 30th and 40th floor, via the Catnip Challenges feature.
- Floor #1~4 are typical early game Stories of Legend-esque stages.
- Floor #5 includes Crocos, Jackie Peng, Shibaliens and Helmut Krabbe.
- Floor #6 is similar to Sangria River.
- Floor #7 is a Zombie Outbreak-esque stage. The Zombies there have minimal strength magnification.
- Floor #8 features 3 Shy Boy(s) and early Hippoe(s) and Gory(s).
- Floor #9 is like Tapas Desert, with a tougher Master A. and Assassin Bears as a time attack.
- From Floor #10 onward, Monthly and Annual event enemies start to appear. NOTE: You must have beaten Empire of Cats Chapter 3 In order to progress further.
- Floor #14 only includes Metal enemies.
- Floor #15 features the Old Masters from the Old Guys About Town event, as well as Gabriels, Angelic Gories, and a Dober P.D.
- Floor #16 is Broken Mask 2.0. NOTE: you must clear Into the Future Ch. 2 before you can attempt this level.
- Floor #17 only consists of Aliens, with Elder Sloth, Nimoy Bore and Bun Bun Symbiote (Alien).
- Floor #18 is similar to the Moon's Zombie Outbreak from Empire of Cats Chapter 1, except the Zombies are not as weak and Leggsy makes an appearance.
- Floor #19 is similar to Satan's Bedroom, but combines the first 2 boss waves into 1 all-out assault with I.M. Phace instead of The Face.
- Floor #20 features Awakened Cats and bosses after bosses.
No Continues are allowed after this point:
- Floor #21 is like a 3-star difficulty Red Cyclone Stage. Still not that difficult though if compared to later stages.
- Floor #22 is a combination of Ninja Awakens! and I'm onto you.
- Floor #23 is similar to a level in the third Into the Future chapter, where Calamary and Alpacky appear together, along with Pastry Cat. This is the most "normal" floor among floors #21~30.
- Floor #24 is similar to Black Premonition, but with Dark Lazer and Tackeys.
- Floor #25 is sort of a time attack stage; if the player is quick enough, they don't have to see some of the enemies. If the player decides to go slowly, it becomes Darkweb 2.0.
- Floor #26 is Oncoming Maelstrom with harder Angel peons.
- Floor #27 is The Haunted 1LDK featuring Skelecat.
- Floor #28 is Electric Bath without the Freeze effect, and long distance attacks replaced with wide area attacks.
- Floor #29 is a remake of Pecking Order with added Beefcake Cats.
- Floor #30 only spawns the boss and some very powerful peons during the stage. The boss can be unlocked as a cat unit when the stage is completed.
Floors 31 - 40 were added in version 6.7.
- Floor #31 spawns a Crazed Cat at the beginning, with buffed Crazed Cow Cats spammed constantly as an offensive force.
- Floor #32 spawns two Crazed Tank Cats, with Squire Rels appearing as peons and Rain D. as support.
- Floor #33 has you fighting Crazed Bird Cat and Crazed Axe Cat at the same time, along with buffed Crazed Gross Cats appearing every so often.
- Floor #34 features Those Guys as peons and a 250% Ururun Wolf appearing at the start of the battle. After 30 seconds, a 200% Cosmic Cyclone will spawn.
- Floor #35 has Trolly Bloggers appearing as peons, not to mention groups of Crazed Fish Cats and the occasional Dolphina.
- Floor #36 contains nonstop waves of Crazed Lizard Cats, assisted by Doge Darks, Zackie Pengs and Coffin Zoges.
- Floor #37 contains several boss enemies. Dark Emperor Nyandam spawns at the beginning followed shortly by Teacher Bun Bun, and Crazed Titan Cat appearing with Li'l Nyandam after the enemy base takes damage. Li'l Bun Buns also appear as support.
- Floor #38 includes a 200% Metal Cyclone that appears when the battle begins. After 50 seconds, a Zyclone will spawn. Metal Doge and Zoge appear as peons.
- Floor #39 spawns an Elder Sloth when the battle begins. After 26.7 seconds, the boss, a 200% Codename "Red Riding", will spawn, assisted by several Mr. Moles and Tackeys throughout the battle.
- Floor #40 has Mystic Mask Yulala, a unique, traitless boss that can be unlocked as a cat unit when the stage is completed. The boss spawns after 10 seconds. Similar to Floor 30, it only contains the boss backed by some very strong peons. Also, when the enemy base reaches 90% HP, Mr. Angels will start spawning at an extremely rapid pace, which can result in defeat.
List of Floors
In all of the floors with a boss, the boss is the bold enemy (with boss shockwave):
|1||Doge, Snache, Those Guys, Hippoe, Ms. Sign||40||Speed Up +1||N/A|
|2||Doge, Snache, Those Guys, Doge Dark, Ms. Sign||40||Cat CPU +1||N/A|
|3||B.B.Bunny, Sir Seal, Pigge, Heavenly Hippoe, Ms. Sign||40||Rich Cat +1||N/A|
|4||Doge, Croco, Jackie Peng, Gory, Mooth, Squire Rel, One Horn, Teacher Bear, Ms. Sign||40||Cat Jobs +1||N/A|
|5||Croco, Jackie Peng, Shibalien, Helmut Krabbe, Ms. Sign||80||Silver Ticket +1||N/A|
|6||Doge, B.B.Bunny, Squire Rel, Hippoe, Pigge, Metal Hippoe, St. Pigge the 2nd, Ms. Sign||80||Catamin A +5||N/A|
|7||Zoge, Znache, Zomboe, Zory, Croco, Kang Roo, Ms. Sign||80||Sniper Cat +2||N/A|
|8||Those Guys, Snache, Hippoe, Gory, Shy Boy, Ms. Sign||80||Catamin B +5||N/A|
|9||Assassin Bear, Doge Dark, Croco, Squire Rel, Those Guys, Master A., Ms. Sign||80||Treasure Radar +2||N/A|
|10||Doge, Those Guys, Squire Rel, Duche, Lucky Sloth, Martin, Sunny Celeboodle, Ms. Sign||120||Rare Ticket +1||N/A|
|11||Dark Emperor Nyandam, Pigge Back, B.B.Bunny, Lord Enma, Blitzen, Dark Emperor Santa, Ms. Sign||120||Catamin C +3||N/A|
|12||Sa-Bat, Drac-owl-la, Teacher Bun Bun, Ms. Sign||120||Green Seed +5||N/A|
|13||Samurai Doggy, St. Pigge the 2nd, Doge Dark, Shadow Boxer K, Gory Black, Gory Groom, Ms. Sign||120||Purple Seed +5||N/A|
|14||Metal Hippoe, Metal Doge, Metal One Horn, Super Metal Hippoe, Ms. Sign||120||Red Seed +5||N/A|
|15||Master Da Xun, Angelic Gory, Hermit Peng, Mighty Gui Zuli, Gabriel, Dober P.D, Ms. Sign||160||Silver Ticket +3||N/A|
|16||Angel Fanboy, Chickful A, Angelic Gory, Angelic Sleipnir, Sunfish Jones, Ms. Sign||160||Blue Seed +5||N/A|
|17||Shibalien, Kroxo, Maawth, Nimoy Bore, Scissoroo, Bun Bun Symbiote, Elder Sloth, Ms. Sign||160||Yellow Seed +5||N/A|
|18||Doge, Snache, The Face, Leggsy, Ecto Doge, Ecto Snache, Znache, Zoge, Lord Gravey, Ms. Sign||160||Green Catfruit +3||N/A|
|19||Gabriel, Angelic Sleipnir, Shy Boy, I.M. Phace, Metal Doge, Bore, Director Kurosawah, Bun Bun Black, Dark Otter, Ms. Sign||160||Purple Catfruit +3||N/A|
|20||Dancer Cat, Gato Amigo, Riceball Cat, Hyper Mr., Unicycle Cat, Ms. Sign||200||Rare Ticket +1||N/A|
|21||Those Guys, B.B.Bunny, Shy Boy, St. Pigge the 2nd, Capy, Blitzen, Red Cyclone, Ms. Sign||200||Red Catfruit +3||No Continues Allowed|
|22||Brollow, Flying Ninja Cat, Ms. Sign||200||Blue Catfruit +3||No Continues Allowed|
|23||Shibalien, I.M. Phace, Calamary, Alpacky, Pastry Cat, Ms. Sign||200||Yellow Catfruit +3||No Continues Allowed|
|24||Doge Dark, Dark Otter, Gory Black, Shadow Boxer K, Tackey, Le'noir, Dark Lazer, Ms. Sign||200||EX Eye +3||No Continues Allowed|
|25||Gory Black, Otta-smack-u, Mr. Angel, Heavy Assault C.A.T., Elizabeth the LVIth, Berserkory, Pigeon de Sable, Kory, Ms. Sign||200||Silver Ticket +5||No Continues Allowed|
|26||Heavenly Hippoe, Angelic Gory, Gabriel, Mr. Angel, Angelic Sleipnir, Divine Cyclone, Ms. Sign||200||RR Eye +3||No Continues Allowed|
|27||Sa-Bat, Skelecat, Znache, Zigge, Zang Roo, Lord Gravey, Miss Haka, Ms. Sign||200||SR Eye +3||No Continues Allowed|
|28||Metal One Horn, Metal Doge, Loincloth Cat, Super Metal Hippoe, Sir Metal Seal, Ms. Sign||200||UR Eye +3||No Continues Allowed|
|29||Brollow, Angelic Gory, Gory Black, Beefcake Cat, Professor A., Sir Seal, Doge Dark, Ms. Sign||200||Epic Catfruit +3||No Continues Allowed|
|30||Hermit Cat, Trolly Blogger, Ginger Snache, Doge Dark, Ms. Sign||200||Rare Ticket +3||No Continues Allowed|
|31||Crazed Cat, Crazed Cow, Ms. Sign||200||Bricks +10||No Continues Allowed|
|32||Squire Rel, Rain D., Crazed Tank Cat, Ms. Sign||200||Feathers +10||No Continues Allowed|
|33||Crazed Bird Cat, Crazed Axe Cat, Crazed Gross Cat, Ms. Sign||200||Coal +10||No Continues Allowed|
|34||Ururun Wolf, Those Guys, Trolly Blogger, Cosmic Cyclone, Ms. Sign||200||Sprockets +10||No Continues Allowed|
|35||Crazed Fish Cat, Trolly Blogger, Dolphina, Ms. Sign||200||Epic Catfruit +3||No Continues Allowed|
|36||Doge Dark, Crazed Lizard Cat, Zackie Peng, Coffin Zoge, Ms. Sign||200||Gold +10||No Continues Allowed|
|37||Crazed Titan Cat, Dark Emperor Nyandam, Teacher Bun Bun, Doge Dark, Li'l Nyandam, Li'l Bun Bun, Ms. Sign||200||Meteorite +10||No Continues Allowed|
|38||Metal Cyclone, Metal Doge, Zoge, Zyclone, Ms. Sign||200||Beast Bones +10||No Continues Allowed|
|39||Codename "Red Riding", Elder Sloth, Mr. Mole, Tackey, Ms. Sign||200||XP +3,000,000||No Continues Allowed|
|40||Mystic Mask Yulala, Gabriel, Trolly Blogger, Mr. Angel, Ms. Sign||200||Rare Ticket +3||No Continues Allowed|
- Spam to win works for most of the early stages, unless you are in early game.
- Most of the stages can't be cheesed.
- Writing down your lineups somewhere can help you re-do the stages when the event reappears.
- Completing the entire tower grants 8 (1+1+3+3) rare tickets at 10nth floors and 9 silver ones that can usually be exchanged for an extra rare ticket, as well as Catamins, a lot of Catfruit (five each of the basic Catfruit Seeds, an additional three base Catfruit of each type, and six Epic Catfruit) and many more rewards, making it worth to go through the tower every time it appears, even if already completed once.
A list of all cats the player should have in possession to go through all 40 Floors.
- Normal Cats: 20+50 or higher.
- Special Cats: 30~40 including the purchasable cats, Awakened Bahamut, Ururun Wolf, and Li'l Nyandam, Crimson Mina and Musashi if no uber alternatives can cover their roles.
- Rare Cats including: Eye of the Storm combo (Team of two or 2 resistance up (SM) combos are even better), Maiden Cat, Madam Bride and Koi Cat (for combos), Jiangshi Cat, Zamboney Cat, Rover Cat, Cyborg Cat, Ramen Cat and, if nothing better is available, Prisoner Cat.
- Super Rare Cats: high level Can Can Cat, Octopus Cat, Vaulter Cat, iCat, Catornado, Maglev Cat, Catway, Crazed/Manic Cats (notable are Manic Mohawk, Manic Eraser, Manic Lion, Manic Island and Manic Jamiera).
- Recommend Uber Rare Cats: Shadow Gao, Paladin Cat, Cat Machine Mk 3/Eva 00, a Zombie Killer, a second crit. hitter, a LD unit and a general attacker. Ubers are not required to beat the Heavenly Tower, but highly recommended.
Even though on all stages the player has to beat the bosses and peons supporting it to destroy the Base, on some floors the Boss can be skipped.
- Floor #22: Flying Ninja Cat and hordes of Brollow can be skipped by stacking Ms. Sign to stop the boss from appearing or using Warlock and Pierre to destroy the base after killing the first Brollow.
- Floor #25: Heavy Assault C.A.T. boss fight and Berserkory can be skipped by using Cat Machine Mk3 to cancel Shockwaves and reach the Enemy Base early, destroy it with A. Bahamut and high DPS units.
- Floor #30: Hermit Cat boss fight can be skipped by using Awakened Bahamut to fly through its knocked back sprite and destroy the base. However, it requires specific units and precise timing for summoning and knockback and it may be harder than getting the timing to defeat him normally.
- July 14th, 2017 to July 27th, 2017
- July 5th, 2017 - July 18th, 2017