Challenge Battle, or Challenge Mode is a mini game in Battle Cats that is unlocked after completing Chapter 1. In update 6.2, this mode was removed from the main menu; it is found in the Stories of Legend menu from update 6.3 onward.
- 1 Explanation
- 2 Battleground
- 3 Strategies
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Reference
Some enemies in Challenge Mode do not appear in the main chapters, and can only be found outside of Challenge Mode in the Stories of Legend. However, new enemies seen will still go to the dictionary. It does not require any energy to play. Beating the stage will give you a score about 9 digits or higher, based on how fast you have beaten the stage. (Tip: this is also a great place to test out new cats)
- When the base reaches 99,000 HP, a total of 10 Kang Roos appear as a support.
- When the base reaches 85,000 HP, a Shy Boy spawns.
- When the base reaches 60,000 HP, two more Shy Boys and one The Face will spawn.
- When the base reaches 10,000 HP, one more Assassin Bear spawns.
- Cat Line Up: Wall Cat, Brave Cat, Sexy Legs Cat, Area Attacker, Uber Super Rare (Can be replaced by True Valkyrie Cat), 2 Anti-reds, 2 Anti-floating, Mythical Titan Cat.
- Spam Wall Cat to kill the Squire Rels that spawn every few seconds. When there is enough Wall Cats, they will damage the base. Stop spamming Wall once they reach the base, because if there are too many, the Kang Roos won't get past and Assassin Bear will make his appearance right then and there. Once they deal 1,000 damage to the base, Kang Roos will pour out by the dozens (6 or so at once, then the rest 1 by 1 with time between them) and kill all the Wall Cats. However it will take some time because Wall Cats have high HP. Do NOT use the cat cannon.
- The player can upgrade their wallet to level 8 by now. Keep spamming Wall Cat, but also spam Brave and Sexy Legs, and spawn your Uber in the middle. The other cats will protect it, and the Uber Rare will make short work of the Kang Roos. You are then free to attack the enemy's base. Once it is at 90,000, Assassin Bear will come out. It has 550 HP and deals 3,000 damage per hit, so use the cat cannon before it kills all your cats.(the cat cannon will be able to one hit kill the assassin bear[s]) Also, when it comes out, you might find your Uber Rare dead. Right after it dies, Those Guys will be spammed for the rest of the battle, and two Mooths come to support them. Spawn your anti-floating cats now. Also spawn Mythical Titan Cat. Keep spamming Wall Cat, Brave Cat, and Sexy Legs Cat. Eventually the Mooths will die.
- It can be hard damaging the base because of the spammed Those Guys. If you're having trouble, spam Wall Cat and your Area Attacker.Wall Cat will stop all of the Those Guys, and the Area Attacker will kill them all in one blow. Next comes a Shy Boy. He has 35,000 HP and deals 500 damage per hit. Spam everything you have until Shy Boy is dead. You are (again) free to attack the enemy base. When the castle's HP goes down to 60,000, the music will change into the music that occurs in the Empire of Cats Moon.The Face will spawn, with two Shy Boys as support. These Shy Boys attack and move together, so it's like a buffed Shy Boy!
- Spam everything you have. Once the Shy Boys are dead, stop spamming your anti-red cats. Stop using your cat cannon against The Face once it takes one knockback. This is a sign saying The Face is low on HP. When The Face is dead, attack the enemy base. When the base's HP goes to 10,000, Assassin Bear will show up once again. Use the cat cannon to kill it, and destroy the enemy's base. Check to see if you have beaten your high score!
Strategy 2 (no ubers or crazed cats, only Paris Cat)
- For beginners with Paris Cat, you may want to attempt this way:
- Cat Line-up: Macho Cat, Wall Cat, Paris Cat, M. Titan Cat. Recommended: Cat Army combo, Dragon Cat
- Start with a single Macho Cat when the Squire Rel approaches your base. Send out a Paris Cat ASAP and keep spamming Macho and Paris Cat. Get an M. Titan Cat once your cats approach the enemy base. The Kang Roos should die quickly, use that money to max out your income and spam cats. Cat Cannon the Assassin Bear and continue spamming cats. When the first Shy Boy appears, just keep spamming. Spam cats throughout the rest of the battle, saving a cannon for the Assassin Bear.
Strategy 3 (Base crusher)
- Cat Line-up: Macho Cat, Wargod Shingen (lv. 30)
- Wait until you can spawn Shingen, then support him with a Macho Cat or something to kill the Squire Rels. The Macho cat should kill all the Squire Rels (do not worry about Shingen wasting an attack for he does not attack white enemies), and Shingen should one-shot the enemy base. You can also use Warlock and Pierre or Divine Kai for this.
Strategy 4 (speedrun)
- Use Manic Lion to clear to the base, then fire the Cannon to kill the Kang Roos. Manic Lion will draw out Assassin Bear, at which point you should fire the cannon again and spawn Awakened Bahamut to quickly destroy the base
Strategy 5 (ft.Kachi-Kachi)
- Cat Line: Tank / Eraser Cat, Bahamut Cat and Kachi-Kachi Ran 10-15 cats of tanks. When Kang Roo's comes out, release Kachi-Kachi (1 form). Before the Assassin Bear comes out, the gun must be recharged. kill the Assassin bear, release the Bahamut Cat. He will kill Shy Boys and The Face. You should continue to spam the tanks with tanks, but without Kachi-Kachi. The gun must be recharged. If you're lucky, the Bahamut Cat will destroy the base, and if not, Assassin Bear, and you will kill him with a cannon.
Strategy 6 (Super Speed Run)
In this speedrun, you will need the Enter The Ninja & Cool Japan Cat Combos, Wait for 3 or 2 Squire Rels and spawn Eraser or Wall Cat. When Eraser Cat kills the Squire Rels, spawn A. Bahamut. If it is Level 30, it will make quick work of the enemies. If you are quick enough, you have a chance of getting a good score of 85000000 or higher.
Strategy 7 (Speed-Run ft. Box Cat TF)
Procedure: Lure the first Squire Rel to base,and spawn Heavy Assault. When Heavy Assault reaches about 1/2 of the length of the base, spawn Merc. Let them kill Assassin Bear and wait for them to die. Lure whatever enemy that survived the H.A + Merc combo, and then spam everything when they get to the base. Shy Boys will spawn soon and try to kill them as slow as you can and stop spawning lions but continue spawning H,A's. By the time the Shy Boys dies,your Cat Laser should be ready to blast, wait for the 2nd Assassin Bear and blast the cannon. Once Assassin Bear dies, it's very easy.
Basically fill your line up with all meat shields/cheap & low damage cats.
Procedure: Lure the Squire Rels to your base. Then, spam all your cats. DO NOT GO OVERBOARD!!! One you hit the base start spamming a little faster. Once you kill the Kangaroo Roos your Cat Cannon should be ready. Once the Assassin Bear comes out, spam and fire the Cat Cannon. This should kill the Assassin Bears. Keep spamming until the Shy Boys and The Faces come out. Spamming should do the trick. Once your Cat Cannon is ready do not fire. Once again, an Assassin Bears will come out and fire the Cat Cannon. Once you have killed it, keep spamming until you win. There will be a Time Score but no rewards.
Strategy 9 (Speed-run ft. Cutter Cut)
Row 1: As many money UP combos as possible
Row 2: Lion Cat, Crazed Giraffe Cat, Power Cutter Cat, Valkyrie Cat, Awakened Bahamut Cat
Note: Valkyrie Cat shouldn't do more than 10,000 damage per hit as she can summon the Assassin Bear when she reaches the base
- Spawn Valkyrie Cat as soon as possible. Once she is halfway through the level, spawn Cutter Cat. DO NOT LET VALKYRIE CAT HIT THE BASE BEFORE CUTTER DOES!
- Once both cats hit the base, the Assassin Bear should spawn, but die since the Cutter Cat can survive a lethal strike. Both the Assassin Bear and Cutter Cat should be dead if done correctly. Now spam Lion, Crazed Giraffe, and Awakened Bahamut Cat.
- This stage used to be to the right of the catclaw dojo when you were scrolling in both english and japanese versions (as seen below)