The Infernal Tower (異界にゃんこ塔, Ikai Nyanko Tō, Otherworldly Cat Tower) is an event added in the Version 11.0 Update. It has the same mechanics and similar stages to the Heavenly Tower, but is much more challenging, with a strong focus on Aku. To access the Infernal Tower, the player must have cleared Floor 40 of the Heavenly Tower.
About the Tower
The Infernal Tower contains 30 stages, called Floors (階 Kai), with Cyclones, Enemy Cats, and even event enemies from monthly and annual events. After completing a floor for the first time, the player will receive rewards including Catseyes, Catfruit, Catamins, and Materials. The True Form of Hermit Cat is rewarded on the 30th Floor via the Catnip Challenges feature. Floor 30 is also the only source of Gold Catfruit Seeds as of 11.7.
- Floors #1~7 are typical mid- to late-game stages that feature many event and common enemies.
- Floor #8 acts near identical to Floor 8 of Heavenly Tower but with the addition of Sir Rel and more Shy Boys.
- Floor #9 features a strong Master A. that has Wafer Cat BIG, Gummy Cat and Chocolate Wall Doge as support.
- Floor #10 acts near identical to Floor 10 of Heavenly Tower but with Sunny Celeboodle removed and the addition of Easter Bunny and Easter Duche.
- Floor #11 only includes Red enemies.
- Floor #12 acts near identical to Floor 12 of Heavenly Tower but with the addition of Relic Doge and Sister Lione.
- Floor #13 only includes Black enemies.
- Floor #14 only includes Metal enemies.
- Floor #15 features the Old Masters from the Old Guys About Town event, as well as Aku Doges, Aku Gories and a Dober P.D.
- Floor #16 is like a combination of Broken Mask and Father's Back, with Sunfish Jones supported by Angelic Sleipnir, Chickful As, Le'saint, Sluggies and periodic Angelic Gories.
- Floor #17 only consists of Aliens, with Gorilliam, Satan Claus and Bun Bun Symbiote as the main threats.
- Floor #18 acts near identical to Floor 18 of Heavenly Tower but with the removal of Doge, Snache, The Face and Leggsy being relaced by The Thrillerz, Zuche and Dead Donny Dash.
- Floor #19 acts near identical to Floor 19 of Heavenly Tower and Satan's Bedroom but replacing I.M. Phace, Director Kurosawah and Dark Otter with Relic Doge, Loris and Gentleman Bros.
- Floor #20 features Awakened Cats.
No Continues are allowed beyond this point:
- Floor #21 is essentially a much harder version of Attack on R-Cyclone, with Capy, Blitzen, Cerberus Kids and Hackey added in for good measure.
- Floor #22 is a combination of Ninja Awakens! and I'm onto you with the addition of Miz Devil.
- Floor #23 is similar to a tough Alien filled level, Corporal Weyland and Alpacky appear together, along with Pastry Cat and Xmas Pudding Cat.
- Floor #24 is similar to Floor 24 of Heavenly Tower, but with Sir Rels and Aku Doges.
- Floor #25 is sort of a time attack stage; if the player is quick enough, they don't have to see some of the enemies. If the player decides to go slowly, it becomes Darkweb 2.0.
- Floor #26 is similar to Floor 26 of Heavenly Tower, but with Relic Doges and Othom.
- Floor #27 is a near Zombie filled level featuring Skelecat, Zollow and Gobble.
- Floor #28 is Bionic Seaweed with added Lioncloth Cats as dangerous backliners as well as a Mr. Mer.
- Floor #29 is Pecking Order but with added Beefcake Cats and some Midnite D.s.
- Floor #30 only spawns the boss, an Aku Altar and some very powerful peons during the stage. The boss is a Relic with strong multi-hits, Wave Attacks and the ability to Curse. He can be unlocked as Hermit Cat's True Form when the stage is cleared.
List of Floors
In all of the floors with a boss, the boss is the bold enemy (with boss shockwave):
- Due to the Aku Altar in Floor 30, it's recommended that at least 30 stages of The Aku Realms have been cleared before attempting it.
- Spam to win works for most of the early stages.
- Most of the stages can't be cheesed, including Floor 30.
- Completing the entire tower grants 27 Catseyes, 27 Catamins, 45 Materials, and 4 rare Catfruit seeds (1 Gold and 3 Elder, Aku or Epic), making it worth the effort to go through the tower every time it appears even if already completed once.
A list of Cats the player should have in possession to go through all 30 floors.
Aside from Cat Combo units, Dark Lazer with Talents can excel on several floors. Additionally, Talented Dancer Cat can help in Floor 30 with his strong stats and complete Wave Immunity. Many of the Legend Cats are obviously important, including Awakened Bahamut, Idi:N2, Elder Mask Doron and, if there are no alternatives, Awakened Ururun.
Manic Eraser Cat and Manic Island Cat should be at least level 30; 40 is even better. Beyond that, Can Can Cat, Sushi Cat (Super Rare Cat), Cyberpunk Cat, Fishman Cat, Pizza Cat, Housewife Cat, Slapstick Cats, Seafarer Cat, Manic King Dragon and Bullet Train Cat are great as always, and Catyphoon is one of the best units to bring to the Metal stages.
- Unsurprisingly, Cats in the Cradle, Lasvoss Reborn, Greater Balrog Cat and UBERFEST and EPICFEST Ubers are great counters to many of these stages.
- Immortal Yukimura and Immortal Keiji also work wonders here, especially in Floor 24.
- Several of the Ultra Souls are useful to have, especially Kasa Jizo and the Peach Devils. Likewise, due to their many forms, several Dark Heroes can be used to counter multiple stages.
- Almighty Chronos, Almighty Amaterasu, and Radiant Aphrodite are the best choices from The Almighties.
Clearing certain floors will allow the player to start Infernal Tower further than usual on subsequent appearances:
- Floor 20 lets you start on Floor 11 on the following appearance.
- Floor 30 lets you start on Floor 21 on the following appearance.
- December 27th, 2021 to January 10th, 2022
- November 15th, 2021 to November 29th, 2021
- Since the Heavenly Tower references Korin Tower from Dragon Ball, the Infernal Tower may be based off of Chocolay Tower - a darker, more sinister counterpart of Korin Tower.