Kory (コアラッキョ Koarakkyo, Koalacchio) is an enemy that appears in Legend Stages.
Kory has low speed, range and somewhat low damage, but has a decently fast attack rate, making his constant shockwaves deadly. Don't let him touch your base under any circumstances due to his Base Destroyer ability.
Like most Wave Attackers, Kory uses tanky but weak attacking cats (e.g., Tank Cat, Crazed Tank Cat, Sushi Cat) to his advantage - they allow him to create more waves - so it's not recommended to use them at all unless there are other, non-wave enemies supporting him. Octopus Cat is an obvious exception since it cancels Kory's waves.
To defeat Kory, it is recommended that the player tackles it with either very strong and tanky cats such as Mythical Titan Cat and Whale Cat or with powerful midrangers that also double as the only meatshields, thus preventing Kory from landing hits (Cameraman Cat is a good example). Bahamut Cat will not help much as he is easily knocked back (except for Awakened Bahamut, and it depends on the peons in the stage); however, with luck, Bahamut might land a hit and severely damage Kory. Decent ranged attackers such as Dragon Cat and Paris Cat also help, especially when stacked, but beware of his shockwaves as it can destroy your stack in no time.
It is recommended to beat Kory with Dragon Cat stacking when first encountered in Flame Caldera, but he becomes increasingly deadly when backed up by other strong enemies such as the Bun Bun Black in Labyrinth of Hades. The Moby Dick Cat Combo can really help because Island Cat and Crazed Whale Cat can tank many hits while doing fine damage to Kory.
|Enemy Unit # 36||Traitless|
|A really eccentric koala.|
He was kicked out from zoo because of
food bills so is freeloading at Gory's house.
Gory is going to kick him out soon too.
|Enemy Unit # 36||Traitless|
コアラッキョ (Koarakkyo, Koalacchio)
|An eccentric koala that emits waves.|
Was kicked out from the zoo because of an extremely high food bill.
He freeloaded at Gory's house for a while,
but was later kicked out again for the food bills.
This is a boss enemy found in the Sweetest Sorrow Event. He has better health, damage and speed, but loses the Shockwaves.
A Red variant of Kory. He has way higher health and damage as well as level 12 Shockwaves, but loses Base Destroyer and has shorter range.
A Metal variant of Kory. He only has 150 health, but his damage is extremely high and he has longer range.
- Stage 10-6: Flame Caldera (200%)
- Stage 15-6: Labyrinth of Hades (200%)
- Stage 18-3: Harry Tunnel (200%)
- Stage 20-7: Pig Swill (200%)
- Stage 22-5: Dictator's Garden (300%)
- Stage 23-5: Agape's Cage (150%)
- Stage 24-1: Her Highness, Milk T. (200%)
- Stage 26-8: Revolving-door Floats (200%)
- Stage 28-3: Cat Catharsis (200%)
- Stage 32-4: Golden Gai (300%)
- Stage 35-3: Ancestral Ways (400%)
- Stage 37-1: Paparazzi Paradise (400%)
- Stage 39-6: Steamed to Death (400%)
- Stage 4-4: Utsubobo Seamount (600%)
- Stage 8-6: Revolver Ridge (600%)
- Stage 11-5: Raging Caldera (600%)
- Stage 16-6: Lamb's Boudoir (600%)
- Stage 20-5: Bell Collector (600%)
- Stage 24-1: Authority and Gravity (600%)
- Stage 28-2: Anatomy Forest (600%)
- Stage 37-3: Three Evil Brothers (600%)
- Monthly Event All-Stars Ultra Celebration!: Ultra Stress! (Insane) (100%)
- Kung Fu Awakens!: Path of Kung-Fu (Insane) (200%)
- Catfruit Stages: Catfruit Jubilee (200%)
- Vengeance Awakes!: No Need to Curse! (Insane) (200%)
- Kung Fu X Awakens!: Old Master (Expert) (200%)
- Duel on the Dunes: Vanguard (Veteran) (100%)
- Heavenly Tower: Floor 25 (200%)
- Total War: Summer Special: Song of Summer: Exalted (Deadly) (300%)
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|120,000 HP||1,400 damage
|60f (2 seconds)||7||5 times||21f 0.7s |
(9f 0.3s backswing)
|Base Destroyer (deals x4 damage to the Cat Base)
100% chance to create a Lv.4 Wave Attack
- These are Kory's stats at 100% strength magnification. When first encountered (in Flame Caldera), he has 240,000 HP and deals 2,800 damage.
Nyanko Defence Force
In Nyanko Defence Force, Kory had many new variants that could be fought as Raid Bosses. They had two attacks: they could summon a cascade of falling icicles from the top of the screen, and they could shoot giant icicles from their hatchets, which would then split into six smaller projectiles.
Except for Deca Lava Kory and Dark Relic Kory, all names used for them are conjectural.
|Frozen Kory A||Frozen Kory B||General Kory (ハイバー 大将 コアラッキョ)||Deca Lava Kory
(デカ 溶岩の コアラッキョ)
|Deca Lava Kory during a cascade attack|
|Deca Lava Kory readying a projectile attack||Deca Lava Kory Raid||Umbral Kory||Firelic Kory||Umbral Relic Kory|
(古代の 闇の コアラッキョ)
It's assumed that there was also a pure Relic Kory to go along with the Firelic and Dark Relic variants, but this has not been confirmed.
- He was the first character to have Wave Attacks.
- In Nyanko Defence Force, he was the only boss to lack a non-Raid variant.
- Since the Frozen Kory Raid Boss was the first Kory added to the game, he was used as the base for all the others, hence why even the fire variants used icicles to attack.