Kory is first encountered in Stories of Legend, having the ability to create a Level 4 Wave Attack that reaches up to 1067.5 range. Despite Kory having low unintimidating speed and even damage, his wave attacks are very deadly to the point that even tanky cats like Jamiera Cat can die in a few wave hits. It's also needed to know the fact that he has base destroyer.
Like most Wave Attackers, Kory uses tanky but weak attacking Cats (e.g., Tank Cat, Crazed Tank Cat, Sushi Cat) to his advantage—they allow him to create more waves—so it's not recommended to use them at all unless there are other non-wave enemies supporting him. Octopus Cat is an obvious exception since it cancels Kory's waves and protects all Cats behind.
To defeat Kory, it is recommended that the player tackles him with very strong and tanky cats such as Mythical Titan Cat and Whale Cat. Another option is using powerful midrangers such as Cameraman Cat that also double as the only meatshields, thus preventing Kory from landing hits. Bahamut Cat will usually not help much as he is easily knocked back (except for Awakened Bahamut, and it depends on the peons in the stage); however, with luck, Bahamut might land a hit and severely damage Kory. Decent ranged attackers such as Dragon Cat and Paris Cat also help, especially when stacked, but beware of his waves as they can destroy your stack in no time. For this reason, Wave Shields are recommended to keep your units safe wherever usable. Additionally, any Wave-Immune Cats are also recommended where using Wave Shields is not a viable idea so that they can still have a fighting chance even with a wayward Wave.
It is recommended to beat Kory with Dragon Cat stacking when first encountered in Flame Caldera, but he becomes increasingly deadly when backed up by other strong enemies such as the Bun Bun Black in Labyrinth of Hades. The Moby Dick Cat Combo can be a great help because Island Cat and Crazed Whale Cat can tank many hits while dealing fine damage to Kory.
|Enemy Unit # 034||Traitless|
|A really eccentric koala.|
He was kicked out from zoo because of
food bills so is freeloading at Gory's house.
Gory is going to kick him out soon too.
|Enemy Unit # 034||Traitless|
|コアラッキョ (Koarakkyo, Koalacchio)|
|An eccentric koala that emits waves.|
Was kicked out from the zoo because of an extremely high food bill.
He freeloaded at Gory's house for a while,
but was later kicked out again for the food bills.
|Martin||A boss enemy found in the Sweetest Sorrow Event. He has improved health, damage and speed, but loses the waves.|
|Berserkory||A Red variant of Kory. He has way higher health and damage as well as level 12 Wave Attacks, but loses Base Destroyer and has shorter range.|
|Koronium||A Metal variant of Kory. He only has 150 health, but his damage is extremely high and he has longer range.|
|Deathkory||An Aku variant of Kory. He has a powerful Shield alongside an already-high health pool, in addition to level 6 Wave Attacks.|
- Stage 15: Kenya (200%)
- Stage 10-6: Flame Caldera (200%)
- Stage 15-6: Labyrinth of Hades (200%)
- Stage 18-3: Harry Tunnel (200%)
- Stage 20-7: Pig Swill (200%)
- Stage 22-5: Dictator's Garden (300%)
- Stage 23-5: Agape's Cage (150%)
- Stage 24-1: Her Highness, Milk T. (200%)
- Stage 26-8: Revolving-door Floats (200%)
- Stage 28-3: Cat Catharsis (200%)
- Stage 32-4: Golden Gai (300%)
- Stage 35-3: Ancestral Ways (400%)
- Stage 37-1: Paparazzi Paradise (400%)
- Stage 39-6: Steamed to Death (400%)
- Stage 4-4: Utsubobo Seamount (600%)
- Stage 8-6: Revolver Ridge (600%)
- Stage 11-5: Raging Caldera (600%)
- Stage 16-6: Lamb's Boudoir (600%)
- Stage 20-5: Bell Collector (600%)
- Stage 24-1: Authority and Gravity (600%)
- Stage 28-2: Anatomy Forest (600%)
- Stage 37-3: Three Evil Brothers (600%)
- Catfruit Stages: Catfruit Jubilee (200%)
- Monthly Event All-Stars Ultra Celebration!: Ultra Stress! (Insane) (100%)
- Kung-Fu Awakens!: Path of Kung-Fu (Insane) (200%)
- Vengeance Awakes!: No Need to Curse! (Insane) (200%)
- Kung-Fu X Awakens!: Old Master (Expert) (200%)
- Total War: Summer Special: Song of Summer: Exalted (Deadly) (300%)
- Duel on the Dunes: Vanguard (Veteran) (100%)
- The Proving Grounds: First Round (Expert) (150%)
- Heavenly Tower: Floor 25 (200%)
- Infernal Tower: Floor 25 (600%)
- October Gauntlet:
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|120,000 HP||1,400 damage
|60f 2 seconds||7||5 times||21f 0.7s |
(9f 0.3s backswing)
|Base Destroyer (deals x4 damage to the Cat Base)
100% chance to create a Lv.4 Wave Attack
- These are Kory's stats at 100% strength magnification. When first encountered in Flame Caldera, he has 240,000 HP and deals 2,800 damage.
Nyanko Defense Force
In Nyanko Defence Force, Kory had many new variants that could be fought as Raid Bosses. They had two attacks: they could summon a cascade of falling icicles from the top of the screen, and they could shoot giant icicles from their hatchets, which would then split into six smaller projectiles. Some units had an ability called Kory Killer, which increased damage against all Kory variants by 50%.
Battle Cats Wiki has a gallery for Kory.
- He was the first character to have Wave Attacks.
- In terms of ID, Kory is also the first character to have Base Destroyer, but not the first to appear in-game: Camelle is encountered earlier and was added in the same update in spite of having a higher ID.
- In Nyanko Defence Force, he was the only boss to lack a non-Raid variant.
- Since the Frozen Kory Raid Boss was the first Kory added to the game, he was used as the base for all the others, hence why even the fire variants used icicles to attack.