Last of the Dead (Merciless) is an Advent Stage that consists of a boss fight against Death Angel Z-Onel. It has no known schedule. When clearing this stage, the player has a chance to unlock Phantom Cat. This is a No Continues stage.
- After 3.3 seconds100f, 1 Death Angel Z-Onel spawns with Zoge, the boss.
- After 13.3 seconds400f, infinite Zoges spawn, delay 26.7~40 seconds800~1200f.
- After 26.7 seconds800f, 8 Zuches spawn, delay 46.7~56.7 seconds1400~1700f.
- After 33.3 seconds1000f, 3 Star Pengs and infinite Shibalien Elites spawn, delay 50~53.3 seconds1500~1600f and 40~46.7 seconds1200~1400f, respectively.
- After 53.5 seconds1600f, 1 Death Angel Z-Onel spawns.
- After 100 seconds, 2 Zuches spawn, delay 10~16.7 seconds300~500f.
- After 180 seconds, 2 General GreGories spawn, delay 60~70 seconds.
- After 226.7 seconds6800f, 3 Star Pengs spawn, delay 50~53.3 seconds1500~1600f.
- After 253.3 seconds7600f, 2 Zuches spawn, delay 10~16.7 seconds300~500f.
- After 353.3 seconds10600f, infinite Zoges spawn, delay 53.3~66.7 seconds1600~2000f.
- After 366.7 seconds11000f, infinite Star Pengs and infinite Zuches spawn, delay 53.3~66.7 seconds1600~2000f and 40~53.3 seconds1200~1600f, respectively.
- If the base is at 75% health at this time, then 2 Star Pengs spawn, delay 53.3~66.7 seconds1600~2000f.
Strategy 1 (Cheese, no uber)
Power Cutter may be replaced by Manic Lion or some other fast unit. His level is, overall, not relevant. Fishman's level is important, the more talents and levels, the better. The strategy was tested with a partially talented Fishman at level 50+4.
Items: Rich Cat, Sniper.
Battle: Start by waiting for Bullet Train to be ready, then wait about half a second and summon him, this way he barely misses the boss wave. If all is done well, Bullet Train will end up in Z-Onel's blindspot; if this doesn't happen, the attempt isn't lost and can still be saved, though there will be less money to work with. As soon as he is available, summon Green Shell. Wait for the first Zoge to revive, then summon Fishman while trying to time her. From now on, spam Fishman when possible, alongside Bullet and Green Shell. After a bit, Z-Onel will be pushed behind the base by the Sniper; when it happens, time A. Bahamut to miss Z-Onel's attack and sneak in an attack. The next step is to summon Cutter for support and spam those units. Although Bahamut may die before destroying the base in his attempt at killing the Star Peng or some Zuches, the stacked Fishmen will likely finish off the Star Peng and keep hitting the base, to the point of destroying it and winning the stage. The Cannon can be used as soon as a Green Shell dies to protect the Cat Army instead, so Slow Beam and Iron Wall work best, while Breakerblast will cause the bosses to start hitting the army and other cannons won't make a big difference.
- If the Speed Up combos included Hayabusa, using his second form and adding it to the spam could help. No timing required.
- If Green Shell was included in the Speed Up combos, thus freeing one slot in row 2, the last slot can be filled by Manuc Lion, Supercat, Merc or something similar to act as an emergency meatshield.
- This strategy requires some timing, although A. Bahamut should be easy to time while other units can usually survive an hit, it is still possible to lose due to some units being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so it will not be 100% consistent, realistically. The higher the level on Fishman, the better the odds.