Last of the Dead (Merciless) is an Advent Stage unlocked after clearing Clionel Dominant. It appears on the 7th, 8th, 21st and 22nd of every month. When clearing this stage, there is a chance to unlock Phantom Cat. This is a No Continues stage.
- 1 Death Angel Z-Onel spawns after 3.33 seconds100f.
- 1 Zoge (10%) spawns as the boss after 3.33 seconds100f.
- Infinite Zoges (300%) spawn after 13.33 seconds400f, delay 26.67~40 seconds800f~1,200f.
- 8 Zuches spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 46.67~56.67 seconds1,400f~1,700f.
- 3 Star Pengs spawn after 33.33 seconds1,000f, delay 50~53.33 seconds1,500f~1,600f.
- Infinite Shibalien Elites spawn after 33.33 seconds1,000f, delay 40~46.67 seconds1,200f~1,400f.
- 1 Death Angel Z-Onel spawns after 53.33 seconds1,600f.
- 2 Zuches spawn after 100 seconds3,000f, delay 10~16.67 seconds300f~500f.
- 2 General GreGories spawn after 180 seconds5,400f, delay 60~70 seconds1,800f~2,100f.
- 3 Star Pengs spawn after 226.67 seconds6,800f, delay 50~53.33 seconds1,500f~1,600f.
- 2 Zuches spawn after 253.33 seconds7,600f, delay 10~16.67 seconds300f~500f.
- Infinite Zoges (300%) spawn after 353.33 seconds10,600f, delay 53.33~66.67 seconds1,600f~2,000f.
- Infinite Star Pengs spawn after 366.67 seconds11,000f, delay 53.33~66.67 seconds1,600f~2,000f.
- Infinite Zuches spawn after 366.67 seconds11,000f, delay 40~53.33 seconds1,200f~1,600f.
- When the base reaches 75% HP:
- 2 Star Pengs spawn after 366.67 seconds11,000f, delay 53.33~66.67 seconds1,600f~2,000f.
This stage has some of the strongest Starred Aliens in the game, therefore it is absolutely crucial to obtain all anti-Starred Alien Treasures before attempting it. Because the Death Angel Z-Onels can revive infinitely with less than a second between revives, Zombie Killers may be needed in order to get past them. The Holy Blast is one of the best Cannons to use here, being able to permanently kill each Z-Onel in up to 10 hits if at level 20.
Strategy 1 (Cheese, no Uber)
Lineup: Moneko, Neneko, any Speed Up Combos that can be obtained from 3 slots, Fishman Cat (50+), Bullet Train Cat (50), Green Shell Cat (50), Awakened Bahamut Cat (40), Power Cutter Cat. Power Cutter may be replaced by Manic Lion or some other fast unit. His level is, overall, not relevant. Fishman's level is important - the more Talents and levels, the better. The strategy was tested with a partially Talented Fishman at level 50+4.
Battle: Start by waiting for Bullet Train to be ready, then wait about half a second and summon him, this way it barely misses the boss wave. If all is done well, Bullet Train will end up in Z-Onel's blind spot; if this doesn't happen, the attempt isn't lost and can still be saved, though there will be less money to work with. As soon as it is available, summon Green Shell. Wait for the first Zoge to revive, then summon Fishman while trying to time it. From now on, spam Fishman when possible, alongside Bullet Train and Green Shell. After a bit, Z-Onel will be pushed behind the base by the Sniper; when it happens, time A. Bahamut to miss Z-Onel's attack and sneak in an attack. The next step is to summon Power Cutter for support and spam those units. Although Bahamut may die before destroying the base in his attempt at killing the Star Peng or some Zuches, the stacked Fishmen will likely finish off the Star Pengs and keep hitting the base, to the point of destroying it and winning the stage. The Cat Cannon can be used as soon as a Green Shell dies to protect the Cat Army instead, so Slow Beam and Iron Wall work best, while Breakerblast will cause the bosses to start hitting the army and other cannons won't make a big difference.
- If Green Shell was included in the Speed Up Combos, thus freeing one slot in row 2, the last slot can be filled by Manic Lion, Supercat, Merc or something similar to act as an emergency meatshield.
- This strategy requires some timing, although A. Bahamut should be easy to time while other units can usually survive a hit, it is still possible to lose due to some units being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so it will not be 100% consistent, realistically. The higher the level of your Fishman, the better the odds.
- This and Revenge of the Dreamer are the only Advent Stages where the main enemy spawns multiple times and the only ones where said enemy isn't a boss.