- 1 Overview
- 2 Play Requirements
- 3 Randomization
- 4 Rewards
- 5 Recommendations
- 6 First Appearance
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Reference
Legend Quest is a map somewhat similar to Heavenly Tower, with 48 stages, called LEVELs, in total. Each LEVEL is a random Stories of Legend stage that provides a random lineup. All LEVELs are No Continues, and exiting a battle within 10 seconds will not refund items or energy.
Stage Clear Requirements
Legend Quest is unlocked after clearing the first chapter of Empire of Cats. To play LEVEL x, the player must first beat Stories of Legend sub-chapter x + 1. For example, in order to play LEVEL 4 of Legend Quest, the player will need to have beaten Stories of Legend sub-chapter 5, Risqué Terrain. From LEVEL 11 onward, there is an added requirement of having a User Rank of 1600 or more.
In addition to energy, the LEVELs require Crowns to access. The player will begin with a set amount of Crowns, which is equal to the number of Stories of Legend Crown difficulties they have cleared.
The maximum number of Crowns the player can have is 196. Crowns spent in Legend Quest do not impact the player's progress in Stories of Legend. Unlike energy, they do not regenerate over time, but are restored every time Legend Quest appears. Every time the player retries a LEVEL, the Crown cost increases by 1, maxing out at 4 Crowns for LEVELs 1~40 and 5 Crowns for LEVELs 41~48.
- LEVELs 1~20 cost 50 energy.
- LEVELs 21~40 cost 100 energy.
- LEVELs 41~48 cost 150 energy.
- LEVELs 1~40 cost 1-4 Crowns.
- LEVELs 41~48 cost 2-5 Crowns.
Legend Quest's LEVELs are randomized. Upon starting LEVEL x, the game will pick a random stage from Stories of Legend sub-chapter x to x + 1. For example, LEVEL 1 is a random stage from The Legend Begins or Passion Land. However, it is not completely random - LAST LEVEL (48) will always be Eldritch Forces, the final stage of Stories of Legend. Once a stage is picked, it will not change until the event's next appearance. Stages are on 1-Crown difficulty, and the Enemy Lookout can be used to see the enemies in a LEVEL before starting it.
Legend Quest will change the player's lineup upon entering a LEVEL, but it will not be a complete change. Cats will be swapped with random other cats that the player has. The number of cats swapped is random. Unit forms are the same as those currently selected in the Upgrade Menu (i.e., if Cat is currently selected, its form will not be changed to Macho Cat or Mohawk Cat). Empty slots in a lineup will not be filled. The more the player attempts a LEVEL, the less likely it is for a cat to be swapped.
The chances of cat randomization by attempt number:
|Total Attempts||10 Cats||9 Cats||8 Cats||7 Cats||6 Cats||5 Cats||4 Cats||3 Cats||2 Cats||1 Cats||0 Cats|
Legend Quest's item drops are always 100% and one-time only. The base XP drops are 950 in LEVELs 1-20, 1,900 in LEVELs 21~40, and 2,850 in LEVELs 41~48.
- LEVELs 1~10: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 11: Random Catseye +3
- LEVEL 12: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 13: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 14: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 15: Legend Catseye +1
- LEVEL 16: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 17: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 18: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 19: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 20: Rare Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 21: Random Catseye +3
- LEVEL 22: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 23: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 24: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 25: Legend Catseye +1
- LEVEL 26: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 27: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 28: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 29: Random Battle Item +1
- LEVEL 30: Rare Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 31: Random Catseye +3
- LEVEL 32: Random Battle Item +2
- LEVEL 33: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 34: Random Battle Item +2
- LEVEL 35: Legend Catseye +1
- LEVEL 36: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 37: Random Battle Item +2
- LEVEL 38: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 39: Random Battle Item +2
- LEVEL 40: Legend Catseye +1
- LEVEL 41: Random Catseye +3
- LEVEL 42: Random Power Up +2
- LEVEL 43: Cat Ticket +1
- LEVEL 44: Random Battle Item +3
- LEVEL 45: Legend Catseye +1
- LEVEL 46: Random Battle Item +3
- LEVEL 47: Random Catseye +3
- LAST LEVEL: Legend Catseye +3
- Complete as many Stories of Legend Crown difficulties as possible. Once you get to around LEVEL 20, do not expect to beat the stages in in one try. Crown consumption easily racks up as you retry the stages. Having more Crowns means having more retries you can do.
- Upgrade every Cat Unit you have that could potentially be helpful, especially the ones with generalist traits. It would be distasteful to receive Figure Skating Cats but at a low level.
- Study Stories of Legend stages and your units. Knowing the stage mechanics allows you to know how to beat the stages even with random cats. Understanding the specification of a cat lets you to decide which random cats would help you and which would not.
- Since the randomized stage will not change, you can heavily build a specific lineup to counter that stage for the next retry. When possible, bring multiple good counters. For example, if the stage is uncheesable and has Razorback, bring units such as Bombercat, Wargod Nobunaga and Cat Eastwood. This way, if one of them gets swapped, you might still have others to keep you going.
- Have fun! No matter how skilled or how knowledgeable you are, Legend Quest is still all about luck. Try not get stressed out with the wrong cats that get picked for you. Just laugh it off and continue fighting until you burn out.
- October 7th, 2019 to October 21st, 2019
- July 25th, 2019 to August 8th, 2019
- Prior to version 10.7, Legend Quest used Stars instead of Crowns. Oddly, the tutorial shown when tapping the Crown icon wasn't updated to reflect this.
- Legend Quest's logo is heavily based on Dragon Quest's.