- This article lists the main levels of Legend Stages. For the full article about time-limited events, see here. For the full article about Enigma Stages, see here. For the full article about the Challenge Battle, see here.
Legend Stages (レジェンドストーリー Rejendo Sutōrī, Legend Stories) is a game mode that is unlocked after clearing Empire of Cats - The Battle Cats Rising (Chapter 1) and was released in the Version 2.0 Update of The Battle Cats. It contains the Challenge Battle, the Enigma Stages, many new sub-chapters (each with 1, 5, 6 or 8 stages), new types of enemies and new game mechanics, but also Event Stages where the player can win some prizes, such as Monthly Events (collectible units), Cyclone Stages (anti-Metal cats), Crazed Cat Stages (powerful variants of Normal Cats) and Awakening Stages (True Forms of certain cats), among many others.
These challenges wait for the bravest players to come. It is recommended to get Valkyrie Cat before starting these stages. Later, Bahamut Cat will be essential to progress further into the Stories of Legend and special stages. The production cost of all cats in this mode is the same as in Empire of Cats - The Emperor of Darkness (Chapter 2) and the other Main Chapters outside of Empire of Cats Chapters 1 & 3.
- 1 Story
- 2 Crown Difficulty
- 3 Star Difficulty
- 4 Treasures
- 5 Stages
- 5.1 Stories of Legend
- 5.1.1 Sub-chapter 1: The Legend Begins
- 5.1.2 Sub-chapter 2: Passion Land
- 5.1.3 Sub-chapter 3: Glucosamine Desert
- 5.1.4 Sub-chapter 4: Swimming Cats
- 5.1.5 Sub-chapter 5: Risqué Terrain
- 5.1.6 Sub-chapter 6: Western Street
- 5.1.7 Sub-chapter 7: Sea of Tuna
- 5.1.8 Sub-chapter 8: Bamboo Island
- 5.1.9 Sub-chapter 9: Squishy Cave
- 5.1.10 Sub-chapter 10: Volkanos Volcano
- 5.1.11 Sub-chapter 11: Neverending Cat Story
- 5.1.12 Sub-chapter 12: Castle of Fish
- 5.1.13 Sub-chapter 13: Sushi Island
- 5.1.14 Sub-chapter 14: The Scratching Post
- 5.1.15 Sub-chapter 15: Parthenon
- 5.1.16 Sub-chapter 16: Low Tide Beach
- 5.1.17 Sub-chapter 17: Alcatraz
- 5.1.18 Sub-chapter 18: Jail Break Tunnel
- 5.1.19 Sub-chapter 19: Capone's Jail
- 5.1.20 Sub-chapter 20: Silk Road
- 5.1.21 Sub-chapter 21: Stairway To Darkness
- 5.1.22 Sub-chapter 22: Prince of Darkness
- 5.1.23 Sub-chapter 23: Dead End Night
- 5.1.24 Sub-chapter 24: Battle Royale
- 5.1.25 Sub-chapter 25: Scars of War
- 5.1.26 Sub-chapter 26: Sea Polluter
- 5.1.27 Sub-chapter 27: Body & Soul
- 5.1.28 Sub-chapter 28: Weak & Mildly Acidic
- 5.1.29 Sub-chapter 29: Intrepid Cats
- 5.1.30 Sub-chapter 30: Shadow Cosmopolis
- 5.1.31 Sub-chapter 31: Galapa-Goth
- 5.1.32 Sub-chapter 32: Kombu Cape
- 5.1.33 Sub-chapter 33: Axis of Evil
- 5.1.34 Sub-chapter 34: Suburbs of the Dead
- 5.1.35 Sub-chapter 35: Quarantine Isles
- 5.1.36 Sub-chapter 36: Mouseyland
- 5.1.37 Sub-chapter 37: Walk of Fame
- 5.1.38 Sub-chapter 38: Cutpurse Coast
- 5.1.39 Sub-chapter 39: Above & Below
- 5.1.40 Sub-chapter 40: Windless Island
- 5.1.41 Sub-chapter 41: IT Catacombs
- 5.1.42 Sub-chapter 42: Grotesque Gallery
- 5.1.43 Sub-chapter 43: Area 22
- 5.1.44 Sub-chapter 44: Beyond the Savannah
- 5.1.45 Sub-chapter 45: Blizzard Boulevard
- 5.1.46 Sub-chapter 46: Singularityville
- 5.1.47 Sub-chapter 47: Ends of the Earth
- 5.1.48 Sub-chapter 48: The Legend Ends
- 5.1.49 Sub-chapter 49: Laboratory of Relics
- 5.2 Uncanny Legends
- 5.2.1 Sub-chapter 1: A New Legend
- 5.2.2 Sub-chapter 2: Here Be Dragons
- 5.2.3 Sub-chapter 3: The Endless Wood
- 5.2.4 Sub-chapter 4: Primeval Currents
- 5.2.5 Sub-chapter 5: Barking Bay
- 5.2.6 Sub-chapter 6: Abyss Gazers
- 5.2.7 Sub-chapter 7: Neo-Necropolis
- 5.2.8 Sub-chapter 8: Law of the Wildlands
- 5.2.9 Sub-chapter 9: Pararila Peninsula
- 5.2.10 Sub-chapter 10: Coup de Chat
- 5.2.11 Sub-chapter 11: Cherry Isles
- 5.2.12 Sub-chapter 12: Depths of My Heart
- 5.2.13 Sub-chapter 13: Ghost Sea
- 5.2.14 Sub-chapter 14: Exile's Resort
- 5.2.15 Sub-chapter 15: Roads of Torment
- 5.2.16 Sub-chapter 16: Heaven's Back Alley
- 5.2.17 Sub-chapter 17: Battle in the Bath
- 5.2.18 Sub-chapter 18: Ancient Mountains
- 5.2.19 Sub-chapter 19: Marine Ministry
- 5.2.20 Sub-chapter 20: The Devils' Academy
- 5.2.21 Sub-chapter 21: The Gelatin Mines
- 5.2.22 Sub-chapter 22: Drunken Foundry
- 5.2.23 Sub-chapter 23: Unearthed Artifacts
- 5.2.24 Sub-chapter 24: Realm of Whyworry
- 5.2.25 Sub-chapter 25: Pumping Titanium
- 5.2.26 Sub-chapter 26: Morningstar Isle
- 5.2.27 Sub-chapter 27: In the Sleeping Forest
- 5.2.28 Sub-chapter 28: Laboratory Island
- 5.2.29 Sub-chapter 29: Forgotten Graves
- 5.2.30 Sub-chapter 30: Dawn of the Beginning
- 5.2.31 Sub-chapter 31: The Happy Lucky Temple
- 5.2.32 Sub-chapter 32: Theatre of Fear
- 5.2.33 Sub-chapter 33: Diver's City
- 5.2.34 Sub-chapter 34: Nasi-Go-Round
- 5.2.35 Sub-chapter 35: DNA Plantation
- 5.2.36 Sub-chapter 36: Ancient Forest Labyrinth
- 5.2.37 Sub-chapter 37: Castle of the Sentinels
- 5.2.38 Sub-chapter 38: Spacetime Distortion
- 5.2.39 Sub-chapter 39: Imminent Disaster
- 5.2.40 Sub-chapter 40: Bikura, Harbor of Evil
- 5.2.41 Sub-chapter 41: Dead Heat Land
- 5.2.42 Sub-chapter 42: UL 42
- 5.1 Stories of Legend
- 6 Other Permanent Stages
- 7 Missions
- 8 Splash Texts
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
After Empire of Cats, the Cats constructed a time machine to travel at least 20 years into the past, rescue Legend Cats and collect Cat Food. After completing their goals and returning home, however, the Cats accidentally time-travel to an uncanny world inhabited by Relics, where it is revealed that some of the Legend Cats unlocked in Stories of Legend were merely descendants of the real heroes of Legend (presumably Urs and later Uncanny Legends drops). The Cats also discover "a dark guild researching forbidden knowledge", and "the REAL ultimate superweapon" is hinted at, but it is currently unclear what these refer to.
Stories of Legend Intro
- After the Battle Cats invaded the world they moved to the next step of their plan...
- I thought what they wanted was to blend into our world and live a cozy and peaceful life..
- I was wrong.
- The Battle Cats took over nuclear power plants all over the world.
- They were trying to feed all the world's power into one place!
- Their mission was really... Time Travel!
- A couple of days ago I ran into The Marketing Manager of the Battle Cats (He was a Cat) and we had a chat, but I don't think he knew what "Strictly Confidential" meant.
- So I knew their plan, but I was too busy playing games and going out. Oh, I also paid a visit to my folks too. I'm a good kid.
- Trust me.
- ...and so I forgot about their plan.
- We need to release the Legendary Cats!
- We need to free them before they were sealed!
- We need to travel in time!
- We need some Cat Food!
- ...I think that was what the Cat was saying, Though I can barely remember, because I was pretty drunk too.
- Oh right, I was having some nuts with my beer.
- So anyway, they succeeded in time travel and the Battle Cats traversed to another world.
- They remembered to shut down all the nuclear power plants safely and even left a note saying "Thank you"
- ...I guess they aren't so bad after all?
- Hey, I forgot to add.
- You know God, yeah THAT God.
- He is around 20 years old.
- He shouldn't exist in the past... Yet.
Stories of Legend Ending
- And so, having freed the Cats trapped in the lands of Legend the Cats came back to their own time.
- Welcome home, Cats!
- Oh, they brought back souvenirs! How kind! .....Chocolate macadamia nuts?? Well, we were hoping for a bit more...
- With the help of the Legend Cats the Battle Cats can finally retire and live in peace forever.
- ..is what I thought, but that didn't actually happen.
- Someone accidentally sat on the time machine's button and now the Cats were sent to a weird place no one had ever heard of.
- (It wasn't me, I promise)
- Yesterday, I ran into the Marketing Manage of The Battle Cats (again). I didn't ask, but he told me a lot of top secret info (again).
- It seems like where they ended up, the lost Cat Army discovered other Cats dressed like bosozoku biker gangs or members of idol groups with number IDs and other unusual creatures.
- It was really hard to tell WHEN the Cats actually were.
- They discovered some of the Legends were actually just descendants of the real heroes of Legend.
- The Cats had also found a dark guild researching forbidden knowledge.
- Naturally, they were too curious and immediately decided to stay. There's no helping it, they're only Cats.
- I tried to stop him, but he kept talking loudly. And the next morning, it was all over the news.
- Of course, the government immediately demanded answers, but the Cats just hid on top of a cupboard until they left.
- Anyhow, it seems the Battle Cats are the undisputed masters of time travel.
- Maybe this time they'll discover the REAL ultimate superweapon?
- Go for it, Cats!
- You can do it, Cats!
- Three cheers for the Battle Cats!
- Onward... to the Uncanny Legends!
- T H E E N D
- Thank you for Playing!!
Uncanny Legends Ending
Uncanny Legends is not finished yet.
Clearing a sub-chapter for the first time rewards the player with 30 Cat Food and 1 Leadership. The player also unlocks the next sub-chapter and the next Crown difficulty of the current sub-chapter if already available (up to 4-Crown). Keep in mind that completing the sub-chapters with additional Crowns will reset the "one time only" item rewards, awarding the player 30 Cat Food and giving 1 Leadership again upon completion.
Generally speaking, the higher the Crown difficulty, the higher the strength magnifications. Additionally, you can only deploy Special Cats and Rare Cats in 4-Crown difficulty, although you can still have units of other rarities in your lineup, allowing you to use all the Cat Combos you want.
At the beginning of Stories of Legend, 2-Crown difficulty multiplies strength magnifications by 1.5, 3-Crown doubles the buffs, and 4-Crown multiples them by 3, but these values steadily decrease as you progress, respectively becoming 1.2, 1.3 and 1.0 by the time you reach Mouseyland. Starting at A New Legend, the buffs for 2-Crown and 3-Crown shoot back up to early SoL levels, but 4-Crown remains the same. The multipliers for each sub-chapter are as listed below:
|The Legend Begins to Sushi Island||1.5||2||3|
|Parthenon to Alcatraz||1.5||2||2|
|Jail Break Tunnel||1.5||1.7||1.5|
|Stairway to Darkness||1.3||1.5||1.3|
|Prince of Darkness||1.2||1.4||1.3|
|Dead End Night & Battle Royale||1.2||1.4||1.2|
|Scars of War & Sea Polluter||1.2||1.4||1.1|
|Body & Soul to Quarantine Isles||1.2||1.4||1|
|Mouseyland to Laboratory of Relics||1.2||1.3||1|
|A New Legend to Abyss Gazers||1.5||2||1|
|Neo-Necropolis to Pararila Peninsula||1.5||2||1|
|Coup de Chat||1.5||2||N/A|
|Cherry Isles and Depths of My Heart||1.4||1.8||N/A|
|Ghost Sea to The Gelatin Mines||1.4||N/A||N/A|
|Drunken Foundry to Realm of Whyworry||1.3||N/A||N/A|
|Event Stages||Varies, but usually 1.5/2/3|
In Stories of Legend and Uncanny Legends, the number of Crowns will also improve the rewards in materials as the difficulty increases.
Clearing a time-limited event for the first time also rewards the player with 30 Cat Food and 1 Leadership, and unlocks the next Crown difficulty if there is one.
- Main article: Stage Difficulties
Seperate from Crowns, each Legend Stages map and level is assigned a difficulty level ranging from 1★ to 12★. A map's ★ difficulty is always equal to that of its stages; map whose stages vary in difficulty will have multiple ★ difficulties itself (e.g., Vacation Awakes! is rated as both 7★ and 8★).
Most of the Stories of Legend and Uncanny Legends stages have 2 treasures: an item with 1% drop with no limit and a certain amount of XP that has a 10% chance to drop that the player can only acquire once. Clearing any Crown difficulty for the first time also rewards the player with 30 Cat Food and 1 Leadership. Starting from Jail Break Tunnel, after every 5~8 sub-chapters, some boss characters can be recruited to your side as Legend Cats. After unlocking any cat from Stories of Legend, Enigmas will become obtainable from any Legend Stage other than the Challenge Battle, Continuation Stages and Enigma Stages. Each Stories of Legend cat except Idi:N raises the player's Enigma Level by 1 up to a maximum of 5.
Clearing all Stories of Legend sub-chapters on 1-Crown will unlock Uncanny Legends, the True Forms of the legends except Mecha-Bun (which is unlocked after beating An Ancient Curse) and the last floors of the Heavenly Tower. Clearing all Stories of Legend sub-chapters on 2-Crown and 3-Crown will each give the player a Platinum Ticket. Clearing all Stories of Legend sub-chapters on 4-Crown difficulty will unlock a bonus stage in 4-Crown Laboratory of Relics from which the player can unlock Idi:N.
Stories of Legend
|This part lists every sub-chapter and stage for the first part, Stories of Legend (レジェンドステージ). After clearing all chapters in this part for the first time, the next part, Uncanny Legends, will be unlocked.
Sub-chapter 1: The Legend Begins
Sub-chapter 2: Passion Land
Passion Land (情熱の国 Jōnetsu no kuni) Introduced one new enemy, Master A.
Sub-chapter 3: Glucosamine Desert
Sub-chapter 4: Swimming Cats
Sub-chapter 5: Risqué Terrain
Risqué Terrain (見つめてキャッツアイ Mitsumete kyattsuai) Introduced one new enemy, Otta-smack-u.
Sub-chapter 6: Western Street
Western Street (ウエスタン街道 Uesutan kaidō) Introduced one new enemy, J.K. Bun Bun.
Sub-chapter 7: Sea of Tuna
Sea of Tuna (マグロ海域 Maguro kaiiki) Introduced one new enemy, Bore.
Sub-chapter 8: Bamboo Island
Sub-chapter 9: Squishy Cave
Sub-chapter 10: Volkanos Volcano
Volkanos Volcano (ボルケーノ火山 Borukēno kazan) Introduced one new enemy, Kory.
Sub-chapter 11: Neverending Cat Story
Neverending Cat Story (千里の道 Senri no michi, Lit. Journey of a thousand miles) Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 12: Castle of Fish
Castle of Fish (アオ・ザ・カナ ao za kana) Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 13: Sushi Island
Sub-chapter 14: The Scratching Post
The Scratching Post (つめとぎ の廊下 Tsume togi no rōka) Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 15: Parthenon
Sub-chapter 16: Low Tide Beach
Low Tide Beach (ずんどこ海水浴場 Zundoko kaisuiyoku-ba) Introduced one new enemy, H. Nah.
Sub-chapter 17: Alcatraz
Sub-chapter 18: Jail Break Tunnel
Sub-chapter 19: Capone's Jail
Sub-chapter 20: Silk Road
Sub-chapter 21: Stairway To Darkness
Sub-chapter 22: Prince of Darkness
Sub-chapter 23: Dead End Night
Sub-chapter 24: Battle Royale
Battle Royale (バトルロワイヤル batoru rowaiyaru) Introduced one new enemy, Chickful A.
Sub-chapter 25: Scars of War
Scars of War (戦争のつめあと Sensō no tsume ato), Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 26: Sea Polluter
Sub-chapter 27: Body & Soul
Sub-chapter 28: Weak & Mildly Acidic
Sub-chapter 29: Intrepid Cats
Sub-chapter 30: Shadow Cosmopolis
Shadow Cosmopolis (暗黒コスモポリス Ankoku kosumoporisu) Introduced one new enemy, Boraphim.
Sub-chapter 31: Galapa-Goth
Sub-chapter 32: Kombu Cape
Sub-chapter 33: Axis of Evil
Sub-chapter 34: Suburbs of the Dead
Suburbs of the Dead (亡者の住まう地) Added in version 5.6, introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 35: Quarantine Isles
Sub-chapter 36: Mouseyland
Sub-chapter 37: Walk of Fame
Sub-chapter 38: Cutpurse Coast
Sub-chapter 39: Above & Below
Sub-chapter 40: Windless Island
Windless Island (風待ちアイランド) Added in version 6.2, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 41: IT Catacombs
Sub-chapter 42: Grotesque Gallery
Grotesque Gallery (変覧会の絵) Added in version 6.4, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 43: Area 22
Sub-chapter 44: Beyond the Savannah
Sub-chapter 45: Blizzard Boulevard
Sub-chapter 46: Singularityville
Sub-chapter 47: Ends of the Earth
Ends of the Earth (オワーリ大陸) Added in version 6.10, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 48: The Legend Ends
The Legend Ends (伝説のおわり) Added in version 7.0, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 49: Laboratory of Relics
Laboratory of Relics (古代研究所) Added in version 7.0, introduced the enemy version of Mecha-Bun. After beating all of Stories of Legend on 4-Crown difficulty, the 4-Crown version of this sub-chapter will be invaded by the enemy version of Idi:N.
|Uncanny Legends (真レジェンドステージ) is a continuation of the Stories of Legend, unlocked by completing said campaign on 1-Crown difficulty. It can be accessed from the Legend Stages menu at any time and was added in version 7.0 of The Battle Cats.
Uncanny Legends introduces two new types of enemies: Relics and Aku. Relics appear as early as Stage 1, boasting exceptional stats and the Curse ability, which disables cat abilities that target specific traits, but only those. Aku are introduced in sub-chapter 38, Spacetime Distortion; some have Shields which regenerate each time they receive a damage-based knockback, while others have a chance to spawn Surge Attacks when killed.
Like the final chapter of the previous campaign, the first sub-chapter, A New Legend, only contains one level. Completing this level unlocks Mecha-Bun's True Form and the ability to upgrade cats 10 more levels using Catseyes, including Legend Cats. Doing so is highly recommended, as all of the Stories of Legend Cats' True Forms are immune to Curse and have anti-Relic abilities, and Relics are featured prominently here.
Unlike Stories of Legend, Uncanny Legends does not follow a completely linear progression: the 39th sub-chapter, Imminent Disaster is inaccessible unless you have beaten the "Unleashing the Cats", which in turn requires you to clear the Event Stages Wicked Cat, Wicked Tank and Wicked Axe. This also allows for you to then in turn unlock and play through another Story chapter, the The Aku Realms.
Sub-chapter 1: A New Legend
Sub-chapter 2: Here Be Dragons
Sub-chapter 3: The Endless Wood
Sub-chapter 4: Primeval Currents
Sub-chapter 5: Barking Bay
Sub-chapter 6: Abyss Gazers
Sub-chapter 7: Neo-Necropolis
Sub-chapter 8: Law of the Wildlands
Law of the Wildlands (無法地帯のオキテ) Added in version 7.5, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 3-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 9: Pararila Peninsula
Pararila Peninsula (パラリラ半島) Added in version 8.0, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 3-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 10: Coup de Chat
Coup de Chat (キャットクーデター) Added in version 8.1, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 11: Cherry Isles
Cherry Isles (桜んぼ島) Added in version 8.2, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 12: Depths of My Heart
Sub-chapter 13: Ghost Sea
Ghost Sea (絶滅海洋タウン) Added in version 8.5, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 14: Exile's Resort
Exile's Resort (島流しリゾート) Added in version 8.6, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 15: Roads of Torment
Roads of Torment (まどいの魔道路) Added in version 8.7, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 16: Heaven's Back Alley
Heaven's Back Alley (天界バル横丁) Added in version 8.8, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 17: Battle in the Bath
Sub-chapter 18: Ancient Mountains
Ancient Mountains (はえぬき三連山) Added in version 8.10, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 19: Marine Ministry
Marine Ministry (マリン官邸) Added in version 9.0, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 20: The Devils' Academy
The Devils' Academy (学園に巣くう悪意) Added in version 9.1, no new enemies introduced. Available up to 2-Crown difficulty.
Sub-chapter 21: The Gelatin Mines
Sub-chapter 22: Drunken Foundry
Sub-chapter 23: Unearthed Artifacts
Unearthed Artifacts (暴かれし神殿の秘宝) Added in version 9.4, Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 24: Realm of Whyworry
Sub-chapter 25: Pumping Titanium
Sub-chapter 26: Morningstar Isle
Sub-chapter 27: In the Sleeping Forest
Sub-chapter 28: Laboratory Island
Laboratory Island (ラボラ・トリ島) Added in version 9.9, Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 29: Forgotten Graves
Sub-chapter 30: Dawn of the Beginning
Dawn of the Beginning (始まりを告げる朝) Added in version 10.0, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 31: The Happy Lucky Temple
The Happy Lucky Temple (ハッピーラッキー寺院) Added in version 10.1, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 32: Theatre of Fear
Sub-chapter 33: Diver's City
Sub-chapter 34: Nasi-Go-Round
Sub-chapter 35: DNA Plantation
Sub-chapter 36: Ancient Forest Labyrinth
Sub-chapter 37: Castle of the Sentinels
Castle of the Sentinels (立ちはだかる者達の城) Added in version 10.7, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 38: Spacetime Distortion
Sub-chapter 39: Imminent Disaster
Sub-chapter 40: Bikura, Harbor of Evil
Sub-chapter 41: Dead Heat Land
Sub-chapter 42: UL 42
UL 42 (バラ色の袋小路, Barashoku no Fukurokōji, Rose-Colored Dead End) Added in Version 11.2, no new enemies introduced.
Other Permanent Stages
- Challenge Battle: Unlocked after clearing Empire of Cats Chapter 1. An easy enough stage where you can test units and aim to beat your high score at no cost of energy, it also introduces two enemies: Shy Boy and Assassin Bear.
- Unleashing the Cats: Unlocked after clearing Wicked Cat, Wicked Tank and Wicked Axe, and permanent only in the sense that it doesn't have a time limit like other Event Stages—it disappears after the player completes it. Doing so unlocks The Aku Realms as well as Uncanny Legends sub-chapter 39, Imminent Disaster, making it a required part of game progression.
|Complete all Level 2 Stories of Legend Stages to complete this mission.||1 Platinum Ticket|
|Complete all Level 3 Stories of Legend Stages to complete this mission.||1 Platinum Ticket|
- Event Stage, On Now!
- Event Stage, On Now! Try the Limited Stage!
- Blitz Stage Available Now!
- Only Now! Blitz Stage
- Limited Collaboration happening right now!
- Check out the Collab event!
- Half-Energy Event!! On Now!
- Stages cost 50% Energy! More battles!!! Let's go!
- Half-Energy Event!! On in Special Stages!
- Half-Off Energy, Only Now!
- Prior to version 7.1, the Legend Stages button in the Main Menu was labeled Stories of Legend - The Battle Cats.
- Prior to version 10.7, Crown difficulties were represented by stars; ★ difficulties as they are now simply didn't exist.
- Before clearing Empire of Cats Chapter 1, some Legend Stages are already accessible from a menu labeled Event Stage. The menu button will change to say Legend Stages once Chapter 1 is cleared.
- Stories of Legend having 48 sub-chapters (excluding Laboratory of Relics, which contains only one stage) is a reference to the Main Chapters, which have 48 stages each.
- The original Stories of Legend campaign ended in the 7.0 update.
- Look at the top of the slit that separates both doors in the Cat Base Menu and then directly to the left, you should find a cat face.
- Many of the stages in Here Be Dragons through Realm of Whyworry are harder versions of Stories of Legend stages.
- From In the Sleeping Forest to Spacetime Distortion, most Uncanny Legends sub-chapters have a theme or gimmick to them:
- In the Sleeping Forest: Animated enemy bases
- Forgotten Graves: Zombies and Relics
- Dawn of the Beginning: Late-game enemies (e.g., Zollow, Gardeneel Bros., Li'l Zyclone).
- The Happy Lucky Temple: Specific special abilities (Knockback, Slow, Weaken, Freeze, Warp, and Toxic, in that order).
- Theatre of Fear: A different enemy type in each stage, supported by the Relic Doge Base.
- Diver's City: Metal Enemies.
- Ancient Forest Labyrinth: Surge Base.
- Castle of the Sentinels: Major bosses with no peons.
- Spacetime Distortion: Stages 1–5 are the Stories of Legend drop units' stages (i.e., The Great Escaper, Saint Red Fox) with higher buffs and added Aku Doges, while Stage 6 features all major Stories of Legend bosses except Idi:Re
- Ancient Forest Labyrinth is the only sub-chapter whose gimmick isn't used throughout all of its levels - The Face of God has a normal enemy base.
- Starting at Imminent Disaster, many Uncanny Legends sub-chapters have strong emphasis on Aku Enemies.