- This article lists the main levels of Legend Stages. For the full article about time-limited events, see here. For the full article about Enigma Stages, see here. For the full article about the Challenge Battle, see here.
These challenges wait for the bravest players to come. It is recommended to get Valkyrie Cat before starting these stages. Later, Bahamut Cat will be essential to progress further into the Stories of Legend and special stages.
After Empire of Cats, the Cats constructed a time machine to travel at least 20 years into the past, rescue Legend Cats and collect Cat Food. After completing their goals and returning home, however, the Cats accidentally time-travel to an uncanny world inhabited by Relics, where it is revealed that the Legends unlocked in Stories of Legend were merely descendant of the real Legends (presumably Urs and later Uncanny Legends drops). The Cats also discover "a dark guild researching forbidden knowledge", and a "REAL ultimate superweapon" is hinted at, but it is currently unclear as to what these refer to.
- After the Battle Cats invaded the world they moved to the next step of their plan...
- I thought what they wanted was to blend into our world and live a cozy and peaceful life..
- I was wrong.
- The Battle Cats took over nuclear power plants all over the world.
- They were trying to feed all the world's power into one place!
- Their mission was really... Time Travel!
- A couple of days ago I ran into The Marketing Manager of the Battle Cats (He was a Cat) and we had a chat, but I don't think he knew what "Strictly Confidential" meant.
- So I knew their plan, but I was too busy playing games and going out. Oh, I also paid a visit to my folks too. I'm a good kid.
- Trust me.
- ...and so I forgot about their plan.
- We need to release the Legendary Cats!
- We need to free them before they were sealed!
- We need to travel in time!
- We need some Cat Food!
- ...I think that was what the Cat was saying, Though I can barely remember, because I was pretty drunk too.
- Oh right, I was having some nuts with my beer.
- So anyway, they succeeded in time travel and the Battle Cats traversed to another world.
- They remembered to shut down all the nuclear power plants safely and even left a note saying "Thank you"
- ...I guess they aren't so bad after all?
- Hey, I forgot to add.
- You know God, yeah THAT God.
- He is around 20 years old.
- He shouldn't exist in the past... Yet.
- And so, having freed the Cats trapped in the lands of Legend the Cats came back to their own time.
- Welcome home, Cats!
- Oh, they brought back souvenirs! How kind! .....Chocolate macadamia nuts?? Well, we were hoping for a bit more...
- With the help of the Legend Cats the Battle Cats can finally retire and live in peace forever.
- ..is what I thought, but that didn't actually happen.
- Someone accidentally sat on the time machine's button and now the Cats were sent to a weird place no one had ever heard of.
- (It wasn't me, I promise)
- Yesterday, I ran into the Marketing Manage of The Battle Cats (again). I didn't ask, but he told me a lot of top secret info (again).
- It seems like where they ended up, the lost Cat Army discovered other Cats dressed like bosozoku biker gangs or members of idol groups with number IDs and other unusual creatures.
- It was really hard to tell WHEN the Cats actually were.
- They discovered some of the Legends were actually just descendants of the real heroes of Legend.
- The Cats had also found a dark guild researching forbidden knowledge.
- Naturally, they were too curious and immediately decided to stay. There's no helping it, they're only Cats.
- I tried to stop him, but he kept talking loudly. And the next morning, it was all over the news.
- Of course, the government immediately demanded answers, but the Cats just hid on top of a cupboard until they left.
- Anyhow, it seems the Battle Cats are the undisputed masters of time travel.
- Maybe this time they'll discover the REAL ultimate superweapon?
- Go for it, Cats!
- You can do it, Cats!
- Three cheers for the Battle Cats!
- Onward... to the Uncanny Legends!
- T H E E N D
- Thank you for Playing!!
Clearing a sub-chapter for the first time rewards the player with 30 Cat Food and 1 Leadership. The player also unlocks the next sub-chapter and the next ★ difficulty of the current sub-chapter if already available (up to ★★★★). Keep in mind that completing the sub-chapters with additional stars will reset the "one time only" item rewards, awarding the player 30 Cat Food and giving 1 Leadership again upon completion.
★★ difficulty multiplies the strength magnification of all enemies by 1.5. In Silk Road, they are buffed by 1.4. In Stairway to Darkness, they are buffed by 1.3. Beyond that, enemies are buffed by 1.2 until Laboratory of Relics. In Uncanny Legends, ★★ difficulty once again buffs enemies by 1.5.
★★★ difficulty doubles enemy strength magnification. In Jail Break Tunnel and Capone's Jail, they are buffed by 1.7. In Silk Road, they are buffed by 1.6. In Stairway to Darkness, they are buffed by 1.5. In Prince of Darkness until Quarantine Isles, they are buffed by 1.4. Beyond that, enemies are buffed by 1.3.
You can only deploy Special Cats and Rare Cats in ★★★★ difficulty, although you can still have the Cat Units you want in your line-up, allowing you to use all the Cat Combos you want. This difficulty multiplies enemy strength by 3. The magnification is 2 in Parthenon to Alcatraz. In Jail Break Tunnel, the magnification is 1.5. The magnification continues to be reduced by 0.1 every two sub-chapters until it ends at 1, which means no change in enemy stats, at Body & Soul.
In Stories of Legend, the number of stars will also improve the rewards in materials as the difficulty increases.
Clearing a time-limited event for the first time also rewards the player with 30 Cat Food and 1 Leadership, and unlocks the next ★ difficulty if there is one.
For now, ★★★ and ★★★★ difficulties are not yet available in Uncanny Legends.
Most of the levels have 2 treasures: an item with 1% drop with no limit and a certain amount of XP that has a 10% chance to drop that the player can only acquire once. Clearing any star difficulties the first time also rewards the player with 30 Cat Food and 1 Leadership. Starting from Jail Break Tunnel, after every 5~8 sub-chapters, some boss characters, can be recruited to your side as Legend Cats. After unlocking any cat from Stories of Legend, Enigmas will become obtainable from any Legend Stage other than the Challenge Battle, Continuation Stages and Enigma Stages. Each Stories of Legend cat except Idi:N will raise the player's Enigma Level by 1 up to a maximum of 5.
Clearing all Stories of Legend sub-chapters on ★★ and ★★★ will each give the player a Platinum Ticket. Clearing all Stories of Legend sub-chapters on ★★★★ difficulty will unlock a bonus stage in ★★★★ Laboratory of Relics from which the player can unlock Idi:N.
Stories of Legend
This part lists every sub-chapter and stage for the first part called Stories of Legend (レジェンドステージ). After clearing all chapters in this part for the first time, the next part Uncanny Legends will be unlocked.
Sub-chapter 1: The Legend Begins
Sub-chapter 2: Passion Land
Passion Land (情熱の国 Jōnetsu no kuni) Introduced one new enemy, Master A.
Sub-chapter 3: Glucosamine Desert
Sub-chapter 4: Swimming Cats
Sub-chapter 5: Risqué Terrain
Sub-chapter 6: Western Street
Western Street (ウエスタン街道 Uesutan kaidō) Introduced one new enemy, J.K. Bun Bun.
Sub-chapter 7: Sea of Tuna
Sea of Tuna (マグロ海域 Maguro kaiiki) Introduced one new enemy, Bore.
Sub-chapter 8: Bamboo Island
Sub-chapter 9: Squishy Cave
Sub-chapter 10: Volkanos Volcano
Volkanos Volcano (ボルケーノ火山 Borukēno kazan) Introduced one new enemy, Kory.
Sub-chapter 11: Neverending Cat Story
Neverending Cat Story (千里の道 Senri no michi, Lit. Journey of a thousand miles) Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 12: Castle of Fish
Castle of Fish (アオ・ザ・カナ ao za kana) Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 13: Sushi Island
Sub-chapter 14: The Scratching Post
The Scratching Post (つめとぎ の廊下 Tsume togi no rōka) Introduced no new enemies.
Sub-chapter 15: Parthenon
Sub-chapter 16: Low Tide Beach
Low Tide Beach (ずんどこ海水浴場 Zundoko kaisuiyoku-ba) Introduced one new enemy, H. Nah.
Sub-chapter 17: Alcatraz
Sub-chapter 18: Jail Break Tunnel
Sub-chapter 19: Capone's Jail
Sub-chapter 20: Silk Road
Sub-chapter 21: Stairway To Darkness
Sub-chapter 22: Prince of Darkness
Sub-chapter 23: Dead End Night
Sub-chapter 24: Battle Royale
Battle Royale (バトルロワイヤル batoru rowaiyaru) Introduced one new enemy, Chickful A
Sub-chapter 25: Scars of War
Sub-chapter 26: Sea Polluter
Sub-chapter 27: Body & Soul
Body & Soul (心と体、繋ぐもの Kokoro to karada, tsunagu mono) Introduced one new enemy, Mr. Mole.
Sub-chapter 28: Weak & Mildly Acidic
Sub-chapter 29: Intrepid Cats
Sub-chapter 30: Shadow Cosmopolis
Shadow Cosmopolis (暗黒コスモポリス Ankoku kosumoporisu) Introduced one new enemy, Boraphim.
Sub-chapter 31: Galapa-Goth
Galapa-Goth (ガラ・パ・ゴス Gara Pa gosu) Added in 5.3, introduced one new enemy, Henry.
Sub-chapter 32: Kombu Cape
Kombu Cape (岩海苔半島 Iwa nori hantō) Introduced one new enemy, Li'l Bun Bun.
Sub-chapter 33: Axis of Evil
Sub-chapter 34: Suburbs of the Dead
Suburbs of the Dead (亡者の住まう地) Added in 5.6, introduced most of the Zombie Enemies to SoL.
Sub-chapter 35: Quarantine Isles
Quarantine Isles (絶島パンデミック) Added in 5.7, introduced one new enemy, Big Sal.
Sub-chapter 36: Mouseyland
Sub-chapter 37: Walk of Fame
Sub-chapter 38: Cutpurse Coast
Cutpurse Coast (こしぎんちゃくの浜辺) Added in 6.0, introduced one new enemy, Dolphina.
Sub-chapter 39: Above & Below
Sub-chapter 40: Windless Island
Windless Island (風待ちアイランド) Added in update 6.2, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 41: IT Catacombs
IT Catacombs (ITカタコンベ) Added in update 6.3, introduced one new enemy, Croakley. This sub-chapter contains 6 stages, and they are all quite fast-paced.
Sub-chapter 42: Grotesque Gallery
Grotesque Gallery (変覧会の絵) Added in update 6.4, Angel Fanboy appeared in SoL for the first time.
Sub-chapter 43: Area 22
Area 22 (エリア22) Added in 6.6, introduced one new enemy, Youcan, as well as most other Starred Aliens.
Sub-chapter 44: Beyond the Savannah
Beyond the Savannah (超越サバンナ) Added in 6.7, introduced one new enemy, Winged Pigge.
Sub-chapter 45: Blizzard Boulevard
Blizzard Boulevard (ブリザード自動車道) Added in 6.8, introduced one new enemy, Hackey.
Sub-chapter 46: Singularityville
Singularityville (シンギュラリティ村) Added in 6.9, introduced one new enemy, UltraBaaBaa.
Sub-chapter 47: Ends of the Earth
Ends of the Earth (オワーリ大陸) Added in 6.10, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 48: The Legend Ends
The Legend Ends (伝説のおわり) Added in 7.0, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 49: Laboratory of Relics
Laboratory of Relics (古代研究所) Added in 7.0, introduced one new enemy, the enemy version of Mecha-Bun. After beating all of Stories of Legend on all star difficulties, the ★★★★ version of this sub-chapter will be invaded by the enemy version of Idi:N.
|Uncanny Legends (真レジェンドステージ) is a continuation of the Stories of Legend, unlocked by completing said campaign in 1-star difficulty. It can be accessed from the Legend Stages menu at any time and was added in version 7.0 of The Battle Cats.
Uncanny Legends introduces a new, dangerous type of enemy: Relic Enemies. These enemies boast exceptional stats and the Curse ability, which disables cat abilities that target specific traits, but only those. Like the final chapter of the previous campaign, the first sub-chapter, A New Legend, only contains one level. Completing this level unlocks Mecha-Bun's True Form and the ability to upgrade cats 10 more levels using Catseyes, including Legend Cats. Doing so is highly recommended, as all of the Stories of Legend Cats' True Forms are immune to Curse and have anti-Relic abilities, and Relics are featured prominently here.
Sub-chapter 1: A New Legend
Sub-chapter 2: Here Be Dragons
Here Be Dragons (まんぷく秘境) Added in 7.1, introduced one new enemy, Oldhorn. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 3: The Endless Wood
The Endless Wood (アドベン大森林) Added in 7.1, introduced one new enemy, Sir Rel. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 4: Primeval Currents
Primeval Currents (じゃぶじゃぶ旧海道) Added in 7.1, introduced one new enemy, Othom. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 5: Barking Bay
Barking Bay (ワンワン湾) Added in 7.2, introduced one new enemy, Loris. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 6: Abyss Gazers
Abyss Gazers (深淵を覗く者) Added in 7.3, introduced one new enemy, Lowkey. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 7: Neo-Necropolis
Neo-Necropolis (デスメガシティ) Added in 7.4, introduced one new enemy, M. Ost. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 8: Law of the Wildlands
Sub-chapter 9: Pararila Peninsula
Pararila Peninsula (パラリラ半島) Added in 8.0, no new enemies introduced. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 10: Coup de Chat
Coup de Chat (キャットクーデター) Added in 8.1, no new enemies introduced. Available up to ★★ difficulty.
Sub-chapter 11: Cherry Isles
Cherry Isles (桜んぼ島) Added in 8.2, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 12: Depths of My Heart
Sub-chapter 13: Ghost Sea
Ghost Sea (絶滅海洋タウン) Added in 8.5, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 14: Exile's Resort
Exile's Resort (島流しリゾート) Added in 8.6, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 15: Roads of Torment
Roads of Torment (まどいの魔道路) Added in 8.7, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 16: Heaven's Back Alley
Heaven's Back Alley (天界バル横丁) Added in 8.8, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 17: Battle in the Bath
Battle in the Bath (バトル銭湯) Added in 8.9, introduced one new enemy. Mr. Puffington.
Sub-chapter 18: Ancient Mountains
Ancient Mountains (はえぬき三連山) Added in 8.10, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 19: Marine Ministry
Marine Ministry (マリン官邸) Added in 9.0, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 20: The Devils' Academy
The Devils' Academy (学園に巣くう悪意) Added in 9.1, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 21: The Gelatin Mines
Sub-chapter 22: Drunken Foundry
Drunken Foundry (酪酪製鉄所) Added in 9.3, introduced one new enemy, Gobble.
Sub-chapter 23: Unearthed Artifacts
Unearthed Artifacts (暴かれし神殿の秘宝) Added in 9.4, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 24: Realm of Whyworry
Realm of Whyworry (帝政エイジャナイカ) Added in 9.5, introduced one new enemy, St. Dober.
Sub-chapter 25: Pumping Titanium
Pumping Titanium (鋼鉄スポーツジム) Added in 9.6, introduced one new enemy, Koronium.
Sub-chapter 26: Morningstar Isle
Sub-chapter 27: In the Sleeping Forest
In the Sleeping Forest (眠れる森の何か) Added in 9.8, introduced one new enemy, the Surge Base.
Sub-chapter 28: Laboratory Island
Laboratory Island (ラボラ・トリ島) Added in 9.9, no new enemies introduced.
Sub-chapter 29: Forgotten Graves
Forgotten Graves (忘らるる墓所) Added in 9.10, introduced one new enemy, Zollow.
- Event Stage, On Now!
- Blitz Stage Available Now!
- Only Now! Blitz Stage
- Limited Collaboration happening right now!
- Check out the Collab event!
- Event Stage, On Now! Try the Limited Stage!
- Half-Energy Event!! On Now!
- Stages cost 50% Energy! More battles!!! Let's go!
- Half-Energy Event!! On in Special Stages!
- Half-Off Energy, Only Now!
- Before clearing Empire of Cats Chapter 1, some Legend Stages are already accessible from a menu labeled Event Stage. The menu button will change to say Legend Stages once Chapter 1 is cleared.
- The original Stories of Legend campaign ended in the 7.0 update.
- Many of the Uncanny Legends stages are harder versions of Stories of Legend stages.
- Prior to version 7.1, the Legend Stages button in the Main Menu was labeled Stories of Legend - The Battle Cats.
- Stories of Legend having 48 sub-chapters (excluding Laboratory of Relics, which contains only 1 stage) is a reference to the Main Chapters, which have 48 stages each.