The Main Menu is the first screen that the player will see when booting up The Battle Cats.
When the game starts, the player is greeted with a language option and is able to choose their preferred language to play in. The language options range from: English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. After choosing one of the options, the player is then greeted with a message:
- "※After changing display Language, additional required data will be downloaded.
If you are not connected to a stable Wi-fi environment,
you may incur additional charges from your network data plan.
- ※ This process will not delete your Save Data."
Once agreeing to the language option, the game will download the games files. Once finished a message will appear:
- "The Battle Cats" is completely free to play. However, please be aware that there is paid content.
- Play: If a new player, the game will start in Empire of Cats Korea, however if a returning or veteran player pressing the button will give an option to choose from the Main Chapters Levels, Legend Stages and the Ranking Dojo.
- Settings: Opens the settings option.
- Returner Mode: Opens an IAP that allows veteran players to restart their progress after clearing Empire of Cats Chapter 3.
Pressing the "Settings" button on the main menu brings up a menu that allows the player to view or change certain functions of the game to their liking.
- Energy Notice: Notifies the player via a notification when the energy has reached maxed capacity.
- Help: Opens up the help menu which displays functions of the game and information on how to use them.
- Data Transfer: Allows the player to transfer their data to another device.
- Opening: Shows the openings for the Empire of Cats, Into the Future, Cats of the Cosmos, Legend Stages and The Aku Realms.
- Ending: Shows the endings for the Empire of Cats, Into the Future, Cats of the Cosmos, Legend Stages and The Aku Realms.
- PONOS Facebook page: Directs the player to PONOS' Facebook page.
- PONOS Twitter page: Directs the player to PONOS' Twitter page.
- Language: Allows the player to change the language of their game.
Collaboration Event Backgrounds
- Most of the enemy bases in the Main Menu's default background are from the Japanese version of Empire of Cats.
- Ironically, none of the bases from Into the Future are present in its menu background.
- The Into the Future menu background contains an unused enemy base resembling a freighter.