|“||Sun, sand, and surf - isn't that what everyone thinks of when summer comes around? Unfortunately, every good beach story usually has a bully or two to kick sand in your face and ruin the fun. Help the Vacation Queen and her adorable pet chase off the baddies and ensure her holidays are perfect!||”|
Never Summer! (だって夏じゃニャーイ！, Datte Natsu Janyāi!, 'Cause it's Nyat Summer!) is the July event in The Battle Cats.
During this event, two new enemy units appear: Sunny Celeboodle and Bearkini! And if any player clears any of the stages during this event, a new cat unit only available during this event: Vacation Queen, can be unlocked by chance. The further you progress through the levels, the higher your chances of unlocking the cat unit increase. The player can get the unit with a 100% chance in any of the stages using a Treasure Radar, which can be purchased at any time in the Shop Menu.
- 2♛ difficulty for this event multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 150%.
- 3♛ difficulty for this event multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 200%.
- 4♛ difficulty for this event multiplies enemy strength magnifications by 300% and only allows Special Cats and Rare Cats to be deployed.
List of Stages
|English Version||Japanese Version||Translation||Energy Cost|
|Stage 1||Glutton Next Door||太陽のkomachi Angel (Taiyō no Komachi Angel)||Sun's Komachi Angel||30|
|Stage 2||Summer Already?||もー夏休み (Mo Natsuyasumi)||Summer Holidays||50|
|Stage 3||Something About Cats||猫にまつわるエトセトラ (Neko ni Matsuwaru Etosetora)||Et Cetera Related to Cats||75|
|Stage 4||Summertime Smoothie||真夏の果汁 (Manatsu no Kajū)||Midsummer Fruit Juice||80|
|Stage 5||Starving in Summer||何も食えなくて･･･夏 (Nani mo Kuenakute･･･Natsu)||Nothing to Eat... Summer||90|
|Stage 6||Boy Meats Girl||BOY MEATS GIRL||95|
|Stage 7||Sandbags on the Cape||渚のサンドバッグ (Nagisa no Sandobaggu)||Sandbags on the Beach||100|
|Stage 8||Right here, right meow||シーズン･イン･ザ･ニャン (Shīzun･In･Za･Nyan)||Season in the Nyan||110|
- July 1st to August 1st
- Never Summer!'s Japanese name, Datte Natsu Janyāi!, is a reference to the 1993 hit single "Datte Natsu Janai!" by Tube.
- Each Never Summer! stage's Japanese name is a reference to a different song:
- Stage 1: Taiyō no Komachi Angel = "Taiyō no Komachi Angel" by B'z
- Stage 2: Mo Natsuyasumi = "Ah, Natsuyasumi" by Tube
- Stage 3: Neko ni Matsuwaru Et Cetera = "Nagisa ni Matsuwaru Et Cetera" by PuffyAyumi
- Stage 4: Manatsu no Kajū = "Manatsu no Kajitsu" by Southern All-Stars
- Stage 5: Nani mo Kuenakute･･･Natsu = "Nani mo Ienakute･･･Natsu" by J-WALK
- Stage 6: BOY MEATS GIRL = "BOY MEETS GIRL" by TRF
- Stage 7: Nagisa no Sandbag = "Nagisa no Sindbad" by Pink Lady
- Stage 8: Season in the Nyan = "Season in the Sun" by Tube
- Stage 1 is the only one to share a name with its reference rather than being a pun.
- Stage 6 is still called Boy Meats Girl in BCEN, making it the only stage whose reference wasn't lost in translation.
- Tube is the only musical act to get more than one reference in this event.
- "Nagisa no Sindbad" and "Season in the Sun" are the only songs referenced not to come from the 1990s: the former is from the 70s, the latter the 80s.
- It is one of the three events to have such a naming scheme, the others being Never Not Summer! and Cats in the Snow.