Nyanko Daisensou (にゃんこ大戦争, "Nyanko Great War") is a Tower Defense and Casual game published by PONOS. It is an updated re-release of the original mobile phone version. Since the start of the iOS version on November 15th, 2012, the game reached 55 million downloads in November 2020. The game has three alternate versions, specifically in Korean (냥코 대전쟁 nyan-ko dae-jeon-jaeng, Cat Catastrophe), Traditional Chinese (貓咪大戰爭 mao-mi-da-zhan-zheng, The Cat's Great Battle) and English (The Battle Cats).
Nyanko Great War has reached 65 million downloads worldwide!
Very popular all over the world! Easy to play for everyone!
A cat battle game!
The creepy cat army is invading Japan, the future,
and even the ends of the universe!
A chance to start anew, even if you've played before!
◆ The Rules are simple! Simple battle! ◆
Tap the cat of your choice to launch it!!
Use the "Cat Cannon" to turn the tables!!
You win the game by attacking the enemy's castle!!
Some stages seem impossible to clear
If you Google it you can usually find a strategy!!
◆ Enjoy the game at your own pace ◆
This game is only for you and your cat!!
There are no friends who don't know who you are!!
Proceed with the invasion at your own pace!!
◆ Creepy, Cute, Beautiful ◆
These cats are beyond your imagination!!
Watch as the cats evolve in unexpected ways!!
Check out the cat book for a
peek into the world of kittens!!
*You can enjoy "Nyanko Great War" for free until the end, but some paid contents are also available.
Presented by PONOS
- The gameplay is quite simple. Just tap the unit on the bottom of the screen and it will send out that unit to face the enemy units.
- This game contains most of the Cat Units that are listed in the Cat Release Order and Cat Units pages.
- The first cats not from the original version are the earlier Special Cats, such as the purchasable units and Valkyrie Cat.
- There are many cats exclusive to this version.
- All enemies can be viewed in the Enemy Release Order and Enemy Dictionary pages.
- The first enemies not from the original version are Ms. Sign, Dark Emperor Nyandam and Teacher Bun Bun.
- There are many enemies exclusive to this version.
Chapters and Stages
The same as The Battle Cats in most parts, it has:
- Empire of Cats
- Into the Future
- Cats of the Cosmos
- The Aku Realms
- Stories of Legend
- Uncanny Legends
- Catclaw Dojo
- Event Stages
- Collaboration Events
- Challenge Mode
The game has received multiple ports to other devices, including:
- 3DS: Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou (とびだす！にゃんこ大戦争, "Jump Out! Nyanko Great War") released in May 2015.
- PC: Minna de Nyanko Daisensou (みんなでにゃんこ大戦争, "Nyanko Great War with Everyone), released in August 2017 but discontinued as of January 2019.
- Switch: Futari De！ Nyanko Daisensou (ふたりで！にゃんこ大戦争, "Together! Nyanko Great War"), released in December 2018.