Nyanko Defense Force (にゃんこ防衛軍), also known as Battle Cats Galaxy, was a LINE QUICK GAME. Developed by PONOS and Game Closure. LINE ended support for this game as of 30/10/2020, meaning that it can no longer be played.
Nyanko Defense Force was a vertical scrolling shoot 'em up game featuring popular characters from "The Battle Cats". The cats flew to space to protect the stars to perform an arcade-style battle, destroying incoming aliens one after another.
Taking advantage of the features of the HTML5 messenger in the game, you could challenge even more powerful bosses by forming a group together with friends. There was no energy system, so you were able to play as many times as you want.
This game was exclusively for smartphones and could not be played on a PC.
This game was completely free to play, but be aware that there were in app purchases.
There were 7 key features:
- Start Battle 「タップして戦問開始」: The main function of the game, just tap the screen to start a battle!
- Member Formation 「降員編成」: The area where you were able to select two units to help support you in battle against the enemies! There were certain typings to certain support units.
- Flame - Weak against Water.
- Light - Weak against Dark.
- Grass - Weak against Flame.
- Dark - Weak against Light.
- Water - Weak against Grass.
- Raid Boss 「レイドボス」: You could battle against strong raid bosses that had an extreme amount of health, and deal as much damage as possible to earn rewards.
- Shop 「ショップ」: Buy in-game items with LINE's own currency to make battling easier.
- Ranking 「ランキング」: Showed the ranking between you and your friends on how far you have gotten during a battle.
- Quest 「クエスト」: A place to send off your inactive captains and support units, the quest area sent your captain and support units off on a quest for a certain amount of time, once returned, they would gain levels.
- Captain Selection/Upgrade 「キャプテン選択」: A place to select the captain you wanted to use whenever you battled.
Support and Enemies
All units listed below are what type of support they were listed as.
Their evolution and True Form also count for what type of support the unit was.
Most of the names used are conjectural.
Red UFO Doge
UFO Doge Dark
Metal UFO Doge
UFO Jackie Peng
Red UFO Peng
Black UFO Peng
UFO Star Peng
UFO Zackie Peng
Metal UFO Peng
Winter UFO Pigge
Green UFO Pigge
Dark UFO Pigge
Snache Bomb - If defeated, Snache Bomb would explode the current row of spaceships it was in.
Li'l Bun Bun - Li'l Bun Bun would appear every now and then to create a barricade from attacking the enemy ships. If defeated, he would drop a plethora of rewards.
Shy Boy - Shy Boys would appear from the top of the screen and descend to the bottom with a warning. They were indestructible and could not be defeated.
Green Chest - If defeated, a plethora of gems would appear from it.
Water Spirit - A minion spawned by the many Nyandam variants. It would occasionally shoot several blue projectiles at once.
Air Spirit - A minion spawned by the many Nyandam variants. It would constantly morph into a tornado, releasing a small green projectile.
Fire Spirit - A minion spawned from the many Nyandam variants. It would periodically shoot five orange projectiles at the player in quick succession.
Dark Emperor Nyandam
These are the Raid Bosses that are known to exist. Since each one was only available for a limited time, it is possible that the game had Raid Bosses that are completely undocumented.
Teacher Bun Bun
A Christmas variant of Teacher Bun Bun
A fiery variant of Teacher Bun Bun
A purple variant of Teacher Bun Bun with devil horns and a spiral on his belly
A fiery variant of Relic Bun-Bun
Forest Bear (森のクマさん Mori no Kuma-san) - A variant of Teacher Bear that looked like a tree
A winter variant of Teacher Bear
A Christmas variant of Teacher Bear
General Bear (大将 森のクマさん Taishō Mori no Kuma-san) - A blue-eyed variant of Teacher Bear wearing armor
A Relic variant of Teacher Bear
A purple-and-Black variant of Teacher Bear with devil horns
A dessert variant of Teacher Bear (Valentine's Bear?)
Poison Sir Seal (毒ゴマさま Doku Goma-sama) - A green variant of Sir Seal
Frozen Seal - Presumably an icy variant of Sir Seal
A Christmas variant of Sir Seal
A silver variant of Sir Seal wearing a helmet
A fiery variant of Sir Seal
A Relic variant of Sir Seal with a warm color palette
General Relic Seal (古代 大将 毒ゴマさま Kodai Taishō Doku Goma-sama) - A Relic Seal with a dark gray circlet on his head and more traditional Relic colors
Frozen Relic Seal (古代 フローズン 毒ゴマさま Kodai Furōzun Doku Goma-sama) - A Relic Seal with a body made out of ice
A fiery Relic variant of Sir Seal
A Valentine's variant of Sir Seal
A winter variant of Kory
Another winter variant of Kory, with ice forming on his ears, a light blue nightcap, gloves, mittens, and a slightly more elaborate weapon
A blue-eyed variant of Kory wearing armor
A fiery variant of Kory
A fiery Relic variant of Kory
A purple variant of Kory with devil horns
A purple-and-white Relic variant of Kory
Dark Nyandam (ダークニャンダム Dāku Nyandamu) - A purple variant of Dark Emperor Nyandam
Frozen Nyandam - A wintry variant of Nyandam
Ghostly Frozen Nyandam (ゴースト フローズン ダークニャンダム Gōsuto Furōzun Dāku Nyandamu) - Frozen Nyandam, but he's slightly transparent and his body is engulfed in light
A blue-eyed variant of Nyandam wearing armor
A fiery variant of Nyandam
Umbral Dark Nyandam (闇のダークニャンダム Yami no Dāku Nyandamu) - An even more devilish-looking variant of Dark Nyandam, with a gray throne and crimson horns
A Relic variant of Nyandam
A Relic variant of Frozen Nyandam
A fiery Relic variant of Nyandam
A purple-and-white Relic variant of Nyandam
Currency and Items
- Nyanko Defence Force had an in-game currency system to unlock new support units, upgrade your captain's ship and buy new ships. There were also items to allow you to boost further in your battle, collect medals easier or make your ship stronger.
A medal would give 1 medal.
A purple gem would give 10 medals.
A red gem would give 20 medals
A blue gem would give 40 medals.
A blue trophy would give 1 trophy.
A bronze trophy would give 10 trophies.
Fuel Tank: Would boost the captains ship for a certain period before stopping back to normal speed.
Magnet: Attracted nearby currency or items towards the ship to allow for easy collection.
Catamin A: Shot double the projectiles, allowing the ship to clear out enemies more efficiently.
Taiyaki: Would power up your ship by one, allowing higher damage output.
Hourglass: When selected, the enemies and your bullets would slow down, allowing you to reposition yourself at normal speed.
Nyanko Maruhi (にゃんこ㊙️情報) has uploaded two Google Drive folders containing the sprites of every Cat Unit, which can be found at https://twitter.com/nyankomaruhi/status/1323221015967617024.
Most of the names used for new enemies are conjectural.
- Many units who had three forms in this game only have two forms in The Battle Cats; Marshmallow Cat is an example.
- Some units had different rarities than in The Battle Cats. For instance, Reindeer Fish Cat was set as an Uber Rare Cat meanwhile it is a Rare Cat in The Battle Cats.
- Angel was the only trait not represented by any (fightable) enemies in Nyanko Defence Force.