Oncoming Maelstrom (Japanese: 天罰 Tenbatsu, Lit. Divine Punishment) is the 4th Cyclone Stage. It appears every Saturday.
Upon completion, players have a 30% chance to unlock Clockwork Cat.
- Gabriel appears as a peon.
- Heavenly Hippoe appears as support.
- Divine Cyclone appears for the first time as a boss once the base is hit.
- There is also an Angel Fanboy, which appears during the boss fight to remind the player that the Divine Cyclone is immune to anti-Floating effects.
Due to Divine Cyclones high attack and lack of knockbacks, the use of anti-angel Cats with slow, freeze or knockback abilities is mandatory. Ubers such as Princess Kaguya or Momotaro can trivialize the stage, but, if not using ubers, one must rely on Stilts Cat or the 2 Super Rares that target angels instead.
With Stilts Cat, this stage becomes easy, although slightly unreliable, as Stilts Cat can stun-lock Divine Cyclone into never getting an attack. Therefore, heavily spam Stilts Cats while sending out meatshields, Paris and Bahamut Cat as needed.
- Oncoming Maelstrom was the first level added to the game to contain Angel enemies.