Oncoming Maelstrom (Japanese: 天罰 Tenbatsu, Lit. Divine Punishment) is the 4th Cyclone Stage. It appears every Saturday.
Upon completion, players have a 30% chance to unlock Clockwork Cat.
- Gabriel appears as a peon.
- Heavenly Hippoe appears as support.
- Divine Cyclone appears for the first time as a boss once the base is hit.
- There is also an Angel Fanboy, which appears during the boss fight to remind the player that the Divine Cyclone is immune to anti-Floating effects.
Due to Divine Cyclone's high attack and lack of knockbacks, the use of anti-angel Cats with slow, freeze or knockback abilities is mandatory. Ubers such as Princess Kaguya or Momotaro can trivialize the stage, but, if not using ubers, one must rely on Stilts Cat or the 2 Super Rares that target angels instead. The Grateful Crane's base form with its fast attack speed and good knockback chance is incredibly effective in tandem with Stilts Cat.
With Stilts Cat, this stage becomes easy, although slightly unreliable, as Stilts Cat can stun-lock Divine Cyclone into never getting an attack. Therefore, heavily spam Stilts Cats while sending out meatshields, Paris and Bahamut Cat as needed.
Strategy 2 (Cheese)
Lineup: Dark Cat, Dark Lazer(weaken up combo), Bony Bone and Biohazard research combos, Ramen Cat, Professor Cat Jobs(evolved/true form is better), and any high dps cats.
Professor Cat Jobs’ range is higher than Divine Cyclone’s range, so if you use Professor Cat Jobs to weaken Divine Cyclone, it is powerless against Ramen Cats. It will only do 1% of its damage, and it will be permanently weakened thanks to your weaken combo. After it is weakened, use any high dps cats such as A.Bahamut, Kalisa, etc.
- Oncoming Maelstrom was the first level added to the game to contain Angel enemies.