Oncoming Maelstrom (Japanese: 天罰 Tenbatsu, Lit. Divine Punishment) is the 4th Cyclone Stage. It appears every Saturday.
Upon completion, players have a 30% chance to unlock Clockwork Cat.
- Gabriel appears as a peon.
- Heavenly Hippoe appears as support.
- Divine Cyclone appears for the first time as a boss.
- There is also an Angel Fanboy, which appears during the boss fight to remind the player that the Divine Cyclone is immune to anti-Floating effects.
With Stilts Cat, this stage becomes easy, although slightly unreliable, as Stilts Cat can stun-lock Divine Cyclone into never getting an attack. Therefore, heavily spam Stilts Cats, while sending out meatshields, Paris and Bahamut Cat as needed.
You may change this strat a bit, but do not use Stilts.
Start by getting a small stack of the units who can slow or freeze the cyclone, then proceed to spam everything while keeping 2000c at all times, just in case.You should be able to permanently slow or freeze the cyclone, which will allow you to slowly destroy him and win the stage.
Strategy 3 (Ultra Souls)
Ultra souls are amazing in this stage, here's how you use them:
The Grateful Crane can be used alongside stilts in strat 1.
Kasa Jizo, if high level, can rush this stage with no support, but this approach isn't recommended, it's best to use him to deal damage while Stilts Cats stall the cyclone and Artists blocks the peons, same use for Sarukani.
- Oncoming Maelstrom was the first level added to the game that contains Angel enemies.