|Cat Unit # 37|
Evolves into Masai Cat at level 10.
Evolves into Jiangshi Cat at level 30 using Catfruit and XP.
+ 50% chance to survive a lethal strike (100% in True Form)
- Very fast cooldown
- High DPS [True]
- High attack rate
- Low health
- Single Target
- High cost
Pogo Cat is a rather inefficient and expensive meatshield, meaning that it is always better to use other, cheaper meatshields unless there is money to waste. However, he is useful for beginning players, as his surprisingly high damage allows him to function both as an attacker and meatshield. Even then his usage becomes redundant by the time players are entering Empire of Cats Ch. 2 and is completely worthless in Empire of Cats Ch. 3 because of x1.5 additional cost and his pathetic stats as an attacker.
Jiangshi Cat, looks very good at first glance, since it always survives lethal strikes, allowing it to work in the same manner as two cats would. However, this is usually not the case, as his cost is more than three Normal Cats, with the survivability of only two, making it relegated to mostly only stages with infinite money in them or as a meatshield you use when you don't have enough slots but still need extra defense. He can also work on a few enemies with very high DPS.
In most situations, Jiangshi is easily replaced by other more cost efficient meatshields, such as Mohawk Cat, Eraser Cat and their Crazed counterparts, primarily due to the fact that they take up more space on the field and fill gaps left by the aftermath of strong attacks quicker than Jiangshi Cat.
Jiangshi has limited advantages outside of 4-star since the mentioned meatshields outclass it in their niche. He can, however, shine on levels where enemies drop tons of money or have slow hitters, such as Nyandam or THE SLOTH and stages filled with Black enemies, who drop loads of money. Keep in mind that on stages with slow hitters, Metal Cat and Manic Eraser Cat both outperform Jiangishi in terms of stalling, Metal Cat in terms of health and Manic Eraser for cost. He is also good on most Cyclone stages, as every meatshield will only survives one hit anyways.
It is not recommended to invest in the Talents of this unit, as they all grant relatively straight, but small improvements, at least compared to many other Cats. The only talent that stands out is the speed, allowing Jiangshi to hold the front line much better and to reach it with a lower chance of being intercepted by some Long Distance attack. However, this is completely up to you whether you unlock it, because slower speed creates a thicker defence, although unlocking his Speed Up Talent can be beneficial, as it lessens the previously mentioned problem of clogging the cat spawn limit, as he'll rush and die, which is ideal for enemies like R. Ost. Whether or not you invest in speed is up to you.
|Pyon Pyon For Two||[Rare] Pogo Cat
[Rare] Rope Jump Cat
|Worker Cat Max Up (Sm)|
Cat Unit # 37
|Sucked in to the recent (?) trend of toys.|
Still, looks pretty fun.
|Volunteered overseas and experienced cultural exchange.|
Took home a costume.
|Horror movie maniac, or real g-g-ghost?|
Mystic seal is just this month's gas bill...
Cat Unit # 37
ネコホッピング (Neko Hoppingu, Hopping Cat)
|Whilst at a toy store,|
found the most exciting toy.
ネコマサイ (Neko Masai, Cat Masai)
|After learning about a foreign culture,|
incorporated it into his cosplaying.
ネコキョンシー (Neko Kyonshī, Cat Jiangshi)
|This cosplayer was influenced by foreign horror movies.|
The bill on his forehead is what remains of his entire life savings.
|Total XP Cost||4,653,300|
- Level 30-49 upgrades cost Catseyes: 30-44 = 1 Catseye, 45-49 = 2 Catseyes
- HP = Health ; AP = Attack Power ; DPS = Damage Per Second ; 2 Movement Speed = 1 Range/f
- f = frame ; 30f = 1 second ; Attack Animation = Idle + Foreswing + Backswing (f)
- Catseye, User Rank and game progress are essential to achieving max level, see here for details.
- See here to understand Treasure effects.
- Resist Slow: Reduces slow duration by 16%, improves by 6% per level up to 70%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Resist Wave: Reduces wave damage by 5% per level up to 50%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Defense Buff: Upgrades health by 2% per level up to 20%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Attack Buff: Upgrades attack power by 2% per level up to 20%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Move Speed Up: Upgrades movement speed by 1 per level up to 10. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Normal Form: A long-legged Cat who rides on a pogo stick.
- Evolved Form: Carries a spear while jumping. Wears war paint on its face.
- True Form: Wears a robe with some sort of script on its face.
- Pogo Cat has his very own game in the form of Go! Go! Pogo Cat.
- The Masai (pronounced mas-eye) is an ethnic group in Kenya, which is well-known for their jumping tribal dance.
- Version 3.0 of The Battle Cats gave him the ability to survive a lethal strike.
- Jiangshi(僵尸) means zombie in Chinese. The main feature of Chinese zombies is jumping and having a paper with runes on the head. It is said in Chinese legends that when a seal (runic paper) is placed onto a zombie's head, the zombie will fall under whoever taped it onto its head. The zombie will jump around under the user's control until the seal is removed and the zombie goes back to being mindless.
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Level-up • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents • Talent Orbs|