|Cat Unit # 37|
Evolves into Masai Cat at level 10.
Evolves into Jiangshi Cat at level 30 using Catfruit.
+ 50% chance to survive a lethal strike (100% in True Form)
- Very fast cooldown
- High DPS [True]
- High attack rate
- Low health
- Single Target
- High cost
Pogo Cat exists mainly to take hits in place of other units, not unlike Tank Cat. The difference comes from Pogo Cat costing a lot more, but he can survive anyone's attacks thanks to his survive ability. In practice, his cost isn't worth the resulting effect, making his use recommended only as a replacement for Cat in stages with an overabundance of money.
This unit also delivers high damage for what he is, which allows him to be more desirable as a meatshield in certain occasions, but it is usually much better to let Tank Cat defend and your attackers of choice do the damage.
Jiangshi Cat's use does not change, he does, however, become way better at what he does, as he can now survive attacks every time. Although he is still too expensive to be used on everyday situations, he can become a valuable asset in situations where units have no chance of tanking hits, or where holding the position becomes important.
He shines on levels where enemies drop tons of money or have slow hitters, such as Nyandam or THE SLOTH, and stages filled with Black enemies, who drop loads of money. Keep in mind that on stages with slow hitters, Metal Cat and Manic Eraser Cat both tend to outperform Jiangshi in terms of stalling, Metal Cat in terms of health and Manic Eraser for cost. He is also good on most Cyclone stages, as every meatshield will only survives one hit anyways.
The story changes when this unit receives talents. Speed is the most important, as it allows Jiangshi to get where he needs to get much faster, allowing him to get in the way of enemies way more easily, plus he can hope to deliver his pretty good DPS on slow hitters for far longer. With this, his use on everyday situations is, at the very least, no longer out of the question. Damage and health up are decent talents, bring them to level 5 if your Jiangshi has a decent level, so he may survive attacks more often and leave a bigger impact with his attacks, going further may note be worth it.
Lastly, avoid the resist wave and slow talents, as they will rarely come into play, plus reducing wave damage is pointless if Jiangshi has already triggered his survive ability.
|Pyon Pyon For Two||[Rare] Pogo Cat
[Rare] Rope Jump Cat
|Worker Cat Max Up (Sm)|
Cat Unit # 37
|Sucked in to the recent (?) trend of toys.|
Still, looks pretty fun.
|Volunteered overseas and experienced cultural exchange.|
Took home a costume.
|Horror movie maniac, or real g-g-ghost?|
Mystic seal is just this month's gas bill...
Cat Unit # 37
ネコホッピング (Neko Hoppingu, Hopping Cat)
|Whilst at a toy store,|
found the most exciting toy.
ネコマサイ (Neko Masai, Cat Masai)
|After learning about a foreign culture,|
incorporated it into his cosplaying.
ネコキョンシー (Neko Kyonshī, Cat Jiangshi)
|This cosplayer was influenced by foreign horror movies.|
The bill on his forehead is what remains of his entire life savings.
|Total XP Cost||4,653,300|
- Level 30-49 upgrades cost Catseyes: 30-44 = 1 Catseye, 45-49 = 2 Catseyes
- HP = Health ; AP = Attack Power ; DPS = Damage Per Second ; 2 Movement Speed = 1 Range/f
- f = frame ; 30f = 1 second ; Attack Animation = Idle + Foreswing + Backswing (f)
- Catseye, User Rank and game progress are essential to achieving max level, see here for details.
- See here to understand Treasure effects.
- Resist Slow: Reduces slow duration by 16%, improves by 6% per level up to 70%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Resist Wave: Reduces wave damage by 5% per level up to 50%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Defense Buff: Upgrades health by 2% per level up to 20%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Attack Buff: Upgrades attack power by 2% per level up to 20%. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Move Speed Up: Upgrades movement speed by 1 per level up to 10. (Total Cost: 75 NP)
- Normal Form: A long-legged Cat who rides on a pogo stick.
- Evolved Form: Carries a spear while jumping. Wears war paint on its face.
- True Form: Wears a robe with a script on its face.
- Pogo Cat has his very own game in the form of Go! Go! Pogo Cat.
- The Masai (pronounced mas-eye) is an ethnic group in Kenya, which is well-known for their jumping tribal dance.
- Version 3.0 of The Battle Cats gave him the ability to survive a lethal strike.
- Jiangshi(僵尸) means zombie in Chinese. The main feature of Chinese zombies is jumping and having a paper with runes on the head. It is said in Chinese legends that when a seal (runic paper) is placed onto a zombie's head, the zombie will fall under whoever taped it onto its head. The zombie will jump around under the user's control until the seal is removed and the zombie goes back to being mindless.
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Level-up • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents • Talent Orbs|