The Battle Cats contains a massive amount of pop culture references. This article and its subpages aim to compile them all.
Due to the sheer amount of references, the list is split into 15 subpages, each focused on a different category.
The acronym "JP" used in these pages stand for "Japanese", as most units and stages are named differently in the Japanese Version. Collab content is not listed unless it references works unrelated to the collab in question, like Catorpedo and Because I'm Human.
- Pop Culture References/Amusement Parks
- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Mythology, Folklore and Religion
- Real People and Animals
- Video Games
- References in Spin-offs and Related Games
These categories are too small to have their own subpages.
|Berserker Cat||Necky the Fox (mascot of Famitsu)||Design (confirmed in Nyanko Ecology Report Large Edition)|
|Kid Tappa||Keiko to Manabu (work- and hobby-focused magazine)||JP name, JP description|
|Recruit (publisher of Keiko to Manabu)||Description (is a recruit)|
|Hannya||Hannya (Noh theater mask used to represent a jealous female demon)||Name, design|
|Black Okame||Okame (Kyōgen theater mask used to represent a female positive and good-luck bringer being)||Name, design|
|Juliet Cat||Juliet (Romeo and Juliet)||Name, description|
|Hyōgo Prefecture (EoC stage 17 in BCJP)||Takarazuka Revue (theatre troupe)||Base|
|Caliban's Keeper||Caliban (The Tempest)||Name|
|Fire Squad Kachiyama||Morita Super Gyro Ladder||Design|
|Kachiyama Assault Brigade||Rosenbauer Panther||Design|
|Express Cat||0 Series Shinkansen train||Design|
|Maglev Cat||300 Series Shinkansen train||Design|
|Bullet Train Cat||N700 Series Shinkansen train||Design|
|Sunfish Jones||Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit stealth bomber||Description|
- Characters from The Battle Cats have made cameos or temporary appearances in many of PONOS' other games. An example is Heads Off, in which The Face is one of the larger playable characters and makes a lower-pitched screaming sound compared to the other characters.
- A more subtle example is Kagami-Jijii's attack animation in Yuru-i GeGeGe no Kitarou: Youkai Dotabata Daisensou, which looks strikingly similar to Dark Emperor Nyandam's.
- The "Neko DJ" in the Roblox game Tower Defense Simulator is a clear homage to Moneko, even wearing a badge with the basic Cat's face on it.
- One of the Artifacts in the mobile game Just Kill Me. is a "Cat Can" with the description, "If you collect cat cans, you can summon in some kind of world. Demon God doesn't really like it," referring to Rare Cat Capsules.
- SiIvaGunner has produced several "high quality rips" of music tracks from the game, a list of which can be found here.
- Kid Tappa's English name
- Most of the Enemy Bases from the Japanese version of Empire of Cats
- Many of the fictional Cats of the Cosmos planets' appearances on the map
- Uranus's enemy base and Treasure (Purple Clock)
- Moskandag's enemy base and Treasure (Hope)
- Ash from The Burgle Cats
- The Variety Bears have the most references of all characters, with six total.
- Excluding mythologies and religions, the most referenced work or franchise in the game is Dragon Ball, as seen here.