Primitive Souls is the sixth and final stage in Depths of My Heart. Dogumaru resides here and can be unlocked as a Cat Unit at a 3% chance when beating the stage (guaranteed if a Treasure Radar is used). This is a No Continues stage.
- 3 Mooths spawn after 0.67 seconds20f, delay 6.67~10 seconds200f~300f.
- Infinite Ginger Snaches spawn after 33.33 seconds1,000f, delay 39.33~40 seconds1,180f~1,200f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 34 seconds1,020f, delay 39.33~40 seconds1,180f~1,200f.
- 6 Ginger Snaches spawn after 34.67 seconds1,040f, delay 39.33~40 seconds1,180f~1,200f.
- 5 Ginger Snaches spawn after 10 seconds300f, delay 6.67~13.33 seconds200f~400f.
- 1 Dark Otter spawns after 30 seconds900f.
- Infinite Dark Otters spawn after 60 seconds1,800f, delay 83.33 seconds2,500f.
- 3 Dark Otters spawn after 63.33 seconds1,900f, delay 83.33 seconds2,500f.
- 1 Dogumaru spawns after 46.67 seconds1,400f.
- 1 Dogumaru spawns after 113.33 seconds3,400f.
- 1 Dogumaru spawns after 186.67 seconds5,600f.
- When the base reaches 99% HP:
- 10 Ginger Snaches spawn, delay 3.33~6.67 seconds100f~200f.
- When the base reaches 90% HP:
- 3 Dark Otters spawn, delay 6.67 seconds200f.
- When the base reaches 80% HP:
- 2 Mooths spawn, delay 10 seconds300f.
Dogumaru, the main threat of this stage, has rather slow attack speed, so if one can line up its attack, It is possible to sneak in Rusher-class Cats like Awakened Bahamut or Maglev Cat. Once hit, a unit is effectively permanently Cursed, since the curse effect lasts twenty seconds, but Dogumaru's attacks hits every 4.6 seconds, so any trait-specific abilities they have are removed.
- Slapstick Cats work very well against Dogumaru, dealing heavy damage and being able to take a few hits. They work even better with Talents, and are able to Weaken Dogumaru in the best of cases, removing pressure from your meatshields.
- Ultimate Mecha-Bun does surprisingly well against Dogumaru, doing a solid 12,750 damage and having 102,000 health at level 30. As long as there are no Dark Otters around, Mecha-Bun can do a decent amount of damage before it is killed. However, there are many other better options to use, so if you have other ones, use them.
- Idi:N is also amazing, as it can rush Dogumaru and deal enough damage to three or four shot it.
- Cat Mask Doron is incredibly useful, giving your other units time to deal damage to Dogumaru and is an important unit to have when facing this stage in 2 Crown. If you're lucky enough, the Surge left from Doron's attack can also deal with any peons that may be in the way or freezing the Dogumaru for a longer period of time.
Before attempting Primitive Souls, it is HIGHLY recommended to boost your cats up to level 50. Level 30s or even level 40s will not be enough on this stage. One notable example is if you use a level 50 Fishman Cat. Below level 50 (Level 43, or 39 with a Defense Up (Sm) combo or 5 levels on HP Up Talent, also works), Fishman Cat cannot 3HKO the starting Mooths. This has a very big impact in battle as you will end up needing to spend more money, and spend more time to kill the starting enemies, thus making the battle far more difficult than if you were to ultramax your units. EVERY SINGLE LEVEL COUNTS.
This stage plays out very similarly to Draconian. Both have Mooths at the start of the stage, both have waves of otters to support the main boss (Dark Otters in this case), and both have their main boss in a group of 3. Even Dogumaru and Manic King Dragon Cat fill very similar roles in battle being low DPS units with high health and extreme range meant to chip down and eventually kill all units enoughly close to them.
However, the strategy for this stage is different from Draconian. The general idea is to destroy the Mooths and the first Dark Otter quickly, then damage the first Dogumaru while it's approaching. After that, 2 Dark Otters come and you kill them and then finish off the first Dogumaru right before the second Dogumaru approaches. Then damage the second Dogumaru just like the first one, and you'll see two more Dark Otters and the third and final Dogumaru approaching. Destroy the Dark Otters and finish off the second Dogumaru. Then destroy the third Dogumaru and finish the stage. Kill the Dogumarus before the 3 of them stack, or else it'll be pretty much defeat.
Because three Dogamurus spawn in Primitive Souls, unlike Draconian there is a rather large amount of time between each of them. The first spawns 46.7 seconds in, the second 106.7 seconds in, and the third 173.3 seconds in. Because the first takes 46.7 seconds to arrive, the stage can be rushed and potentially beaten before the Dogumaru can even spawn.
The following Uber Rares are good for this stage, and if you have any of these, using them will make things easier.
- Lufalan Pasalan: Outranges Dogumaru and provides support against Dark Otters. Be careful with him, since he only outranges Dogumaru by 20.
- Balrog Cat (Talented): With maxed ATK and Strengthen Talents, once his Strengthen activates, he has a mind-boggling 131,028 DPS at level 40, along with lightning-fast recharge for an Uber Rare. With these conditions met, he can kill a Dogumaru in simply 4 hits. But remember, balrog has to be quite high leveled to pull this off,
- Immortal Yukimura: Insane speed along with a 1f attack animation, which means he has a near-guaranteed chance to deliver hits, on top of having a short recharge time. Can make easy work of the Dark Otters if timed well.
- Kalisa: Good movement speed, knockback rate, and health allow her to chip a nice amount of Dogumaru's HP, or you can use her to deal damage to the peons instead. Divine Twinstars can be an alternative substitute, since it works similar to her.
- Immortal Keiji: High health and DPS, along with a short recharge time, remember that Dogumaru can easly perma-curse him, so his resistance against black is not fully reliable.
- Divine Kai: Can tank a fair amount, even if the Dogumarus are stacked, has a quick recharge allowing for her to get back and soak up more damage, and can dish out some great punishment (around 1/10th of their HP), but you might reconsider spawning her when there is dark otters on the field. Cats in the Cradle can be an alternative substitute, for similar reasons.
- Ultima Galaxy Cosmo: Able to hit Dogumaru while having enough standing range to remain safe from their hits. Also, at level 32 or higher, he deals enough damage to OHKO the Ginger Snaches as well, which helps to prevent them from getting in other units' way. Cyberpunk Cat also works as a substitute, admittedly only as a debuffer. Awakened Mina is also great here.
- Kasa Jizo: Great mid-ranged DPS for the Otters and Snaches. Baby Gao works just as well, but is more effective for the Snaches and less for the Otters. Take care that Dogumaru might shut down their abilities with his curse.
- Piccolan Pasalan: Able to constantly freeze and disrupt Dogumaru's attack in addition to weakening them, allowing shorter-ranged cats, especially rushers like Awakened Bahamut or Ultimate Mecha-Bun, to get in and deal a lot more damage than they normally would.
- Saber Alter CC: Great DPS and movement speed, and Long Distance makes it less likely that a peon interferes with her and Dogumaru. Knockback resets her attack rate, she's cheap to deploy, and her recharge time makes her very helpful here. Valiant D'arktanyan can be alternative substitute, for similar reasons.
- Cats in the Cradle: They have good health, quick recharge time, and they deal a lot of damage + level 2 Wave Attack. The wave greatly helps at it allows them to kill the frontlines quicker and be able to damage Dogumaru even if there's something standing in the way, making them very versatile in here.
- Ritual Saint Kasli: Her first form is not recommended here, so her second form is the effective bomb. Decent health, immunity to Curse, great offensive and pusher capabilities, that push Dark Otters and Dogumaru back which is extremely useful for regaining standing ground on the fight. Be careful as Kasli has 5 KB and 50K HP which means she will die quickly if you do not put in consideration when you spawn her.
- Hades: He can tank many attacks from Dogumaru and his quick attack rate can kill the Ginger Snaches if they interfere but might die quickly from the Dark Otters. Beware his higher-than-usual recharge time.
- Lasvoss Reborn: He has high health at level 40 and can 1 shot Dark Otters if he performs a savage blow, and he can sneak up on Dogumaru and do over 2/3 knockbacks on him, but do not waste his attack on Ginger Snache.
|End my Suffering||Level 40+ Units|
- Prior to the Version 11.2 Update, there was a shorter delay between each Dogumaru. The second came out 6.67 seconds earlier, and the third 13.33 seconds.