Puffer Planet (Merciless) is an Advent Stage appearing on the 13th, 14th, 27th, and 28th of every month. When clearing this stage, the player has a chance to unlock Mightycat. Unlike other Advent Stages, it is only unlocked after clearing Chapter 2 of Cats of the Cosmos. This is a No Continues stage.
- Puffsley's Comet spawns as the boss after 20 seconds.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 26.7 seconds800f, delay 16.7~20 seconds500~600f.
- 1 Corporal Weyland spawns after 50 seconds.
- 1 Project A spawns after 80 seconds.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 100 seconds, delay 13.3~16.7 seconds400~500f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 160 seconds, delay 10~13.3 seconds300~400f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 206.7 seconds6200f, delay 40~50 seconds1200~1500f.
Due to the massive buffs on the Starred Aliens (particularly the Star Pengs), it is highly recommended if not outright required to have all anti-Starred Alien Treasures before attempting this stage. Missing even one Treasure set will lead to each Star Peng having 672,000 health and 36,000 attack power, making them nigh-unbeatable without certain anti-Alien Uber Rares/Legend Rares. A highly levelled Catellite can survive with a small margin of health against Puffsley's attack.
It is possible to deal with this stage by letting the boss hit the base, then immediatly unleashing some anti-alien nuker to take away as much health as possible. This can conclude the fight very early if one has the right unit and setup. If this approach isn't possible, it is then recommended to bring units who are able to hit Puffsley's Comet few times, but with strong attacks, while leaving any units who may do the opposite out of the fight. Manic Macho Legs, for example, would only cause more harm than good with his waves.
The following Uber Rares are good for this stage, and if you have any of these, using them will make things easier.
Bazibastra: Massive damage and resistance to Aliens allow Bazibastra to both lay a dent in Puffsley as well as soak up some hits. Make sure to keep him at a distance from your base, as Puffsley's Omni Strike might still reach your base.
Mad Doctor Klay: Attacks only Aliens in an Alien-only stage... Yeah... Make sure to not proc Puffsley's knockback and reset his attack. While Klay might not be able to solo Puffsley, he definitely makes dealing with Puffsley and the support much easier.
God-Emperor Ganglion: Deals massive damage to all Aliens present here, as well as being able to hit the backline with his Long Distance if positioned correctly. Just make sure to watch your money before you send him out.
|Lucas IV||A Rich Cat is used in this video.|
- This stage was altered in version 9.1. Before the update:
- Puffsley's Comet spawns after 10 seconds;
- Project A spawns after 1 minute;
- The first wave of Star Pengs appears after 3.3 seconds and has a delay of 20-23.3 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The second wave of Star Pengs appears after 90 seconds and has a delay of 16.7-20 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The third wave of Star Pengs appears after 163.3 seconds and has a delay of 13.3-6.7 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The final wave of Star Pengs appears after 223.3 seconds and has a delay of 33.3-40 seconds between each Star Peng.
- This is the only Merciless Advent Stage to award a gold Meow Medal.
- The name Blue Impact is a reference to the movie Deep Impact as they have similar names and for the fact that the movie features a meteorite which is very reminiscent of Puffsley.