Puffer Planet (Merciless) is an Advent Stage appearing on the 13th, 14th, 27th, and 28th of every month. When clearing this stage, the player has a chance to unlock Mightycat. Unlike other Advent Stages, it is only unlocked after clearing Chapter 2 of Cats of the Cosmos. This is a No Continues stage.
- 1 Puffsley's Comet spawns as the boss after 20 seconds600f.
- 3 Corporal Weylands spawn after 50 seconds1,500f, delay 40~50 seconds1,200f~1,500f.
- 1 Project A spawns after 80 seconds2,400f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 16.67~20 seconds500f~600f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 100 seconds3,000f, delay 13.33~16.67 seconds400f~500f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 160 seconds4,800f, delay 10~13.33 seconds300f~400f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 206.67 seconds6,200f, delay 40~50 seconds1,200f~1,500f.
Due to the massive buffs on the Starred Aliens (particularly the Star Pengs), it is highly recommended if not outright required to have all anti-Starred Alien Treasures before attempting this stage. Missing even one Treasure set will lead to each Star Peng having 672,000 health and 36,000 attack power, making them nigh-unbeatable without a cheese strategy or very boosted Ubers.
The Alien fruit treasures also help greatly, allowing Massive Damage units (Chill Cat and many Uber Rares) to deal 33% more damage, and to allow Catellite at level 40 to barely survive Puffsley's attack.
Speaking of Catellite, he is one of your best friends here, being able to take 3~5 Star Peng hits depending on level. Level 40+ is recommended. Use him with Manic Eraser Cat as meatshields. Another great unit here is Chill Cat, who has great DPS against the Star Pengs at level 35+. Cost Down talent is mandatory. Can Can Cat and Bullet Train Cat are also great damage units, with BT being able to rebound and hit twice.
There are 3 main ways to play this stage:
- Survive and kill the 12 main Star Pengs using Catellite, Chill, Can Can, and Bullet Train, then finish off the supporting enemies. Shown in the first video.
- Cheese the stage using Healer Cat CC. Shown in the second video.
- Use Awakened Bahamut Cat or one of the ubers listed below to lure and kill / severely damage Puffsley, making the stage much easier.
The following Uber Rares are good for this stage, and if you have any of these, using them will make things easier.
- Bazibastra: Massive damage and resistance to Aliens allow Bazibastra to both lay a dent in Puffsley as well as soak up some hits. Make sure to keep him at a distance from your base, as Puffsley's Omni Strike might still reach your base.
- Aphrodite: The classic Alien nuker. She can make quick work of Puffsley as well as control a ton of the Alien support. Be careful to stall Puffsley so he does not get in her blindspot.
- Lufalan Pasalan: Outranges Puffsley's Omni Strike and can turn the fish into a pancake in record time. Beware his single target, however, as you must clear out enemies from his way to target Puffsley, else the Star Pengs might push you into a bad position. One of the best units to use in this stage.
- Mad Doctor Klay: Attacks only Aliens in an Alien-only stage. Make sure to not proc Puffsley's knockback and reset his attack. While Klay might not be able to solo Puffsley, he definitely makes dealing with Puffsley and the support much easier.
- God-Emperor Ganglion: Deals massive damage to all Aliens present here, as well as being able to hit the backline with his Long Distance if positioned correctly. He can easily abuse the Warp and Knockback effects of the enemies to attack again and again. Just make sure to watch your money before you send him out.
|Lucas IV||A Rich Cat is used in this video.|
|Xskull & Dr. Skull||With Rich Cat, high level units.|
- This stage was altered in version 9.1. Before the update:
- Puffsley's Comet spawns after 10 seconds;
- Project A spawns after 1 minute;
- The first wave of Star Pengs appears after 3.3 seconds and has a delay of 20-23.3 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The second wave of Star Pengs appears after 90 seconds and has a delay of 16.7-20 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The third wave of Star Pengs appears after 163.3 seconds and has a delay of 13.3-6.7 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The final wave of Star Pengs appears after 223.3 seconds and has a delay of 33.3-40 seconds between each Star Peng.
- This is the only Merciless Advent Stage to award a gold Meow Medal.
- The name Blue Impact is a reference to the movie Deep Impact as they have similar names and for the fact that the movie features a meteorite which is very reminiscent of Puffsley.