Puffer Planet (Merciless) is an Advent Stage appearing on the 13th, 14th, 27th, and 28th of every month. When clearing this stage, the player has a chance to unlock Mightycat. Unlike other Advent Stages, it is only unlocked after clearing Chapter 2 of Cats of the Cosmos. This is a No Continues stage.
- 1 Puffsley's Comet spawns as the boss after 20 seconds600f.
- 3 Corporal Weylands spawn after 50 seconds1,500f, delay 40~50 seconds1,200f~1,500f.
- 1 Project A spawns after 80 seconds2,400f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 16.67~20 seconds500f~600f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 100 seconds3,000f, delay 13.33~16.67 seconds400f~500f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 160 seconds4,800f, delay 10~13.33 seconds300f~400f.
- 4 Star Pengs spawn after 206.67 seconds6,200f, delay 40~50 seconds1,200f~1,500f.
Due to the massive buffs on the Starred Aliens (particularly the Star Pengs), it is highly recommended if not outright required to have all anti-Starred Alien Treasures before attempting this stage. Even missing one Treasure set will lead to each Star Peng having 672,000 health and 36,000 attack power, making them nigh-unbeatable without a cheese strategy or certain Uber Rare Cats.
The Enigma Fruit Treasures also help greatly, allowing Chill Cat and other units with massive damage to Aliens to deal up to 33% more damage (Chill Cat's Cost Down Talent is mandatory) and to allow Catellite to barely survive Puffsley's Comet's attack if upgraded to level 40. Speaking of which, Catellite is one of your best friends here, being able to absorb 3~5 Star Peng hits depending on level. Use it with Manic Eraser Cat as meatshields. Can Can Cat and Maglev Cat are also great damage units, with Maglev being able to rush forward and hit twice when warped.
There are 3 main ways to play this stage:
- Survive and kill the 12 main Star Pengs using Catellite Cat, Chill Cat, Can Can Cat and Maglev Cat, then finish off the supporting enemies. Shown in the first video under "Walkthrough".
- Cheese the stage using Healer Cat CC. Shown in the second video.
- Use Awakened Bahamut Cat or one of the Ubers listed below to lure and kill / severely damage Puffsley's Comet, making the stage much easier.
The following Uber Rares are good for this stage, and if you have any of these, using them will make things easier.
- Bazibon: Bazibon has exceptional offense and defense against Aliens, allowing it to both lay a dent in Puffsley as well as soak up some hits. Make sure to keep it at a distance from the Cat Base, as Puffsley's Comet's Omni Strike may still hit said base.
- Aphrodite: The classic Alien nuker. She can make quick work of Puffsley's Comet as well as control a ton of the Alien support. Be careful to stall Puffsley's Comet so he doesn't enter Aphrodite's blind spot.
- Tesalan Pasalan: Fully outranges Puffsley's Comet can turn the fish into a pancake in record time. Beware his single target, however, as you must clear out enemies from his way to target Puffsley, else the Star Pengs might push you into a bad position. One of the best units to use in this stage.
- Mad Doctor Klay: Attacks only Aliens in an Alien-only stage. Make sure to not trigger Puffsley's Comet's knockback and reset his attack. While Klay might not be able to solo Puffsley, he definitely makes dealing with Puffsley and the support much easier.
- Ganglion: Deals massive amounts of damage to all Aliens present here, as well as being able to hit the backline with his Long Distance if positioned correctly. He can easily abuse the Warp and Knockback effects of the enemies to attack again and again. Just make sure to watch your money before you send him out.
|Lucas IV||A Rich Cat is used in this video.|
|Xskull & Dr. Skull||Rich Cat, high-level units.|
- This stage was altered in Version 9.1. Before the update:
- Puffsley's Comet spawned after 10 seconds;
- Project A spawned after 1 minute;
- The first wave of Star Pengs appeared after 3.3 seconds and had a delay of 20-23.3 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The second wave of Star Peng appeared after 90 seconds and had a delay of 16.7-20 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The third wave of Star Pengs appeared after 163.3 seconds and had a delay of 13.3-6.7 seconds between each Star Peng;
- The final wave of Star Peng appeared after 223.3 seconds and had a delay of 33.3-40 seconds between each Star Peng.
- For all intents and purposes, Puffer Planet is treated as a Deadly stage, despite being tagged as Merciless.
- The event poster (shown above) says, "Deadly Stage!"
- It is the only Merciless Advent Stage to award a gold Meow Medal rather than platinum.
- The star difficulty after 10.7 is ★9 like the Deadly Advent Stages, rather than ★10 like the Merciless ones.
- It was the only Merciless Advent Stage to be part of the limited Catnip Challenges that involved beating Advents with restrictions.
- Puffsley's Comet is the only Merciless Advent Boss to appear in Heavenly Tower, which otherwise only contains the Deadly Advent Bosses.
- The name Blue Impact may be reference to the movie Deep Impact as they have similar names and for the fact that the movie features a meteorite which is very reminiscent of Puffsley's Comet.