Quarantine Isles (絶島パンデミック Zekushima Pandemic) is the 35th sub-chapter of Stories of Legend. Difficulty modes available for Quarantine Isles include ★, ★★, ★★★, and ★★★★. This sub-chapter was added in update version 5.7 of BCEN and BCJP in December 7th, 2016.
This Sub-Chapter is unsurprisingly harder than the previous one, predominantly featuring zombies supported by enemies of other traits. Second stage can be a nightmare if you don't have proper anti-metal units or critters. While the 4th stage doesn't include zombies it can still be somewhat painful. In the last stage you encounter a new enemy that is really hard to stall if you don't have Mighty Bomburr or Freshman Cat Jobs, either of which can easily cheese that stage.
This sub-chapter introduces one new enemy:
- Big Sal: A Zombie enemy and the final boss of this sub-chapter, he has very close range and attacks non-stop. Like other Zombies, he can revive one time and, different from other Zombies, he can burrow underground many, many times until he's at the Cat Base. He also does 4x damage to the Cat Base, allowing him to destroy it in one hit. It is important to note that the first stage with Big Sal has him at a 200% strength magnification.
List of Stages
- Stage 35-1: Virus Smugglers - An onslaught of Zrocos pops up, along with The Face, and then Li'l Bun Buns show up, along with some Zackie Pengs, but they stop spawning after a while, and then there is just The Face.
- Stage 35-2: Bionic Seaweed - Metal enemies galore! This stage has only them! A lot of Metal Doges support a Metal One Horn, Metal Hippoes, a few Sir Metal Seals, and several Super Metal Hippoes for the boss.
- Stage 35-3: Ancestral Ways - Zoges, Znaches, Zomboes, Zigges, and Zories support a Kory.
- Stage 35-4: High Watchtower - A Galactic Overseer Nyandam appears first, with peons as basic support, as well as a Bore and a Razorback.
- Stage 35-5: Tunafish Trenches - Pretty much just a remade and much more buffed up version of Frozen Tuna Front. All enemies from Frozen Tuna Front are present here besides Master A., who is replaced with Professor A., Duche, Dagshund, Metal Hippoe, St. Pigge the 2nd and Doge Dark appear as support for the aforementioned Professor A., as well as some basic peons.
- Stage 35-6: The Infected King - Big Sal makes his first appearance here as the boss. Every time the enemy base's health is reduced by 20% (400,000) at and below 80% (1,600,000), a buffed Camelle spawns, as well as the 200% Big Sal popping up at the beginning, burrowing under any cat unit unless immediately provoked, or if it is at the Cat Base.