R.Ost is among the most well-equipped pushers in the game. He has fast movement speed, high health, enough range to hide behind most peons, and a rapid Area Attack that will shred your cats. The icing on the cake is that he can do Critical Hits, which make fighting him much more inconsistent. Fortunately, he has five knockbacks to reduce his heavy pushing power.
Long-ranged attackers such as Crazed Bahamut Cat, (Crazed) Dragon Cat, Paris Cat and/or Drama Cats will do fine against R.Ost in earlier stages. However, in much later encounters, you may need the use of more crowd-control against R.Ost. Tourist Cat and/or Glass Cat can be good at this, as long as using crowd-control is not exploitable by the other enemies in the stage. Another, less applicable strategy for R.Ost is to use Awakened Bahamut Cat. When used correctly, he can chip off an R.Ost by being timed to strike during R.Ost's backswing animation (the second peck), then let the R.Ost be finished by the rest of your attackers if Awakened Bahamut Cat did not kill said R.Ost. For this to work, Awakened Bahamut Cat must be spawned while R.Ost is frozen or during R.Ost's backswing and there can't be any other enemies in front of R.Ost. The Thunderbolt Cannon makes this easier to time.
Any unit exclusive to the EPICFEST event will do very well against this avian atrocity. The weaken effect helps a lot too, so don't be afraid to save an extra slot for Thaumaturge Cat. Overall, this enemy is easy to counter on his own but can be a real pain when spawned in groups or with enemies that take advantage of his many knockbacks, such as Hannya in River Styx.
|Enemy Unit # 34||Traitless|
|Stressed about recent hair loss.|
Yes, his last name is actually Ost.
His first name is Rich.
Can critical sometimes.
|Enemy Unit # 34||Traitless|
ダチョウ同好会 (Dachō Dōkō-kai, Ostrich Club)
|Has recently started to worry about hair loss.|
By the way, the ostriches are all identical
even up to their last name, and that name is Club.
Occasionally releases a Critical.
A Metal enemy that only appears in the Golden Week and Silver Week events. It has the usual Metal ability of only taking 1 damage except for Critical Hits, but it has much lower stats all across the board and cannot perform Critical Hits itself.
- Stage 42: Easter Island (200%)
- Stage 17-4: Villains Jungle (100%)
- Stage 18-1: Sin and Punishment (100%)
- Stage 18-6: The Great Escaper (100%)
- Stage 21-1: Safe and Not Sorry (200%)
- Stage 22-2: The Bathroom (100%)
- Stage 25-3: Kugel Schreiber (100%)
- Stage 29-3: Birdwatching (100%)
- Stage 30-1: Hungry Forest (100%)
- Stage 37-3: Beverly Hills Scoop (200%)
- Stage 38-4: Procrastinator Parade (100%)
- Stage 41-1: Caliban's Keeper (200%)
- Stage 44-6: Heaven's Oasis (200%)
- Stage 46-4: 8K Fertilizer (200%)
- Stage 47-4: Last Labyrinth (200%)
- Stage 48-7: Twilight Zephyr (200%)
- Stage 16-2: Fainting Porch (250%)
- Stage 21-4: Stars in the Sewers (250%)
- Stage 24-1: Authority and Gravity (300%)
- Stage 27-4: Glass Slippers (200%)
- Stage 32-6: A Pile of Guts (300%)
- Stage 35-5: Cloned Farmers (300%)
- Stage 38-1: The Great Sufferer (300%)
- Stage 42-6: UL 42-6 (300%)
- River Styx: Realm of Carnage (Deadly) (100%)
- River Acheron: Wrath of Carnage (Deadly) (100%)
- The Proving Grounds: 4th Round: Dusk (Deadly) (100%)
- Duel at the Lava Fields: Commander (Deadly) (100%)
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|340,000 HP||7,200 damage
|17f (0.57 seconds)||16||5 times||4f 0.13s |
(13f 0.43s backswing)
|10% chance to perform a Critical Hit||Traitless|
- R.Ost's full name is Rich Ost, which combines to give you Ostrich.
- The joke with his Japanese name and description is that he belongs to an ostrich club whose members are all named Ostrich Club; it's also a reference to the Dachō Club, a Japanese comedy trio.
- If you pay attention to R.Ost's attack animation, you can see that one peck does all the damage, while the other does not deal any damage at all. This allows you to time units easier in stages such as Realm of Carnage.