Realm of Carnage is a special stage that consists of a boss fight against Hannya. It appears on the 11th, 12th, 25th and 26th of every month. When clearing this stage, you have a chance to unlock Express Cat. This is a No Continues stage.
- Hannya spawns as the boss after 10 seconds.
- Bores appear as support starting from 33.3 seconds.
- R. Osts appear as support starting from 83.3 seconds.
- Sir Seals appear as support starting from 233.3 seconds.
- Ginger Snaches appear as peons occasionally, but stop spawning after 160 seconds.
- The map is quite long, but Hannya has nearly the same range as Sunfish Jones and damage that nearly OHKOs any of the Normals, Specials and Crazed except for high-level Jamieras and Islands. The supporting enemies are what make this a challenge as they are easy pushers, especially the R. Ost which can easily wreak havoc. This is pretty much an endurance battle where one mistake can lead to disaster and tragedy. Even though Hannya has insane range (800), there are some cats who outrange him and can slowly chip away his HP.
- Lineup: the best set of defense or damage combos you have (Seasons of Love+Three Kings recommended), Eraser*, Crazed Whale Cat*, Island Cat*, Crazed Dragon Cat, Awakened Bahamut.
*must have very high level, true form if possible.
- Battle Items: Rich Cat (optional but helpful), Treasure Radar (only if you're sure you can beat the stage)
Start off by deploying some Crazed Whales to stall the Hannya, while also upgrading your Worker Cat to about Level 3 or 4.
Bore phase: when the first Bore arrives, use duo island/whale to stall and continue slowly upgrading your Worker Cat. Killing the Bore before R. Ost arrives is crucial as dealing with them both will be extremely troublesome, so add Crazed dragon if needed.When the Bore is defeated, continue deploying Crazed Whales and Island Cat to deal some damage to Hannya.
R.Ost phase: when he arrives, stop deploying them, instead spam Eraser and summon Awakened Bahamut, Crazed Dragon and King Dragon to damage the R. Ost, all while continuing to slowly upgrade your Worker Cat. Awakened Bahamut should easily take R. Ost down if timed well. After Bore's death, start sending only Crazed Whales and Island Cats out to damage Hannya. Repeat the above when the Bores and R. Ost arrive and you should be able to win the stage eventually.
Note: Manage your money properly and do not unnecessarily deploy troops, or it may result in your loss.
- Crazed Dragon and/or A. Bahamut may be replaced by 1 or 2 adequate Ubers, like PaiPai or Divine Kuu and/or a mid range unit like Cyborg, all that changes is what is the bore killer and what is the R.Ost killer. Units like cyborg may work for R. Ost, Kuu is ideal for the Bore, while the likes of Pai Pai can handle both.
- Eraser can be replaced by other meatshields, as long as they are strong; Maximum the fighter is the best choice, but Jiangshi and Manic Eraser also work, while 75c cats do not.
- Recommended Combos could be swapped for attack based ones, but 90% of the times it is better to go with strenght and defense, as units struggle do reach enemies to deal damage in the first place, the only part where damage is better is the Bore, so only use a damage based combo if the bore can be stalled but takes too long to die.
- Roe Cat may be added in place of a cat on the first row if a different set of combos is used or in place of one of the "2 attackers" (a.bahamut and crazed dragon), doing so is only recommended if the enemies push so much that the defense isn't enough.
- Lion cat and other cats that may be here for combos should never be used, but a fast unit like lion may still be used for quickly reaching Hannya in case of emergency, it could be better in some cases and worse in others, but it makes little difference.
- Less combo cats for more variance in the army may be a viable strat, but it is highly unrecommended unless the units one owns don't allow good enough combos.
- Lineup: 3 Meatshields (Manic Mohawk Cat, Manic Eraser Cat and Normal Eraser Cat), Manic Macho Legs, Can Can Cat, Manic Island Cat, iCat, King Dragon Cat, Cyberpunk Cat, Awakened Bahamut Cat.
- Items: Sniper The Cat and Rich Cat.
When Hannya approaches, do not summon anything until Bore enters. Just stall the Bore (and Hannya itself) with the anti-Reds and Cyberpunk. Only use A. Bahamut and King Dragon against R. Ost when it arrives. Stall Hannya and R. Ost with Cyberpunk as support, and it and Manic Macho Legs will slowly deal damage to them. If lucky, should Bore and R. Ost be defeated before another joins the field, then try to get two iCats close to Hannya to perma-freeze it before Hannya attacks back, allowing the other anti-Red attackers to get a hit in, but that is just a small probability.
Strategy 3 (Sniping & LD ft. Super Galaxy Cosmo & Lufalan Pasalan)
- Lineup : Manic Mohawk Cat, Manic Eraser Cat, Eraser Cat, Elemental Duelist Cat, Manic Island Cat, iCat, Roe Cat, Cyberpunk Cat , Lufalan Pasalan, Super Galaxy Cosmo
- Power Ups: RICH CAT MUST HAVE (your Uber Rares and Cyberpunk really drain your money)
Step 1: Stall with Eraser up until the Bore spawns.
Step 2: Lure Bore to your base, use iCat to freeze, and send out your anti-Reds to kill the bore.
Step 3: Hannya should be relatively close to your base when you kill the Bore. At this point, add in SGC and Cyberpunk to the mix and stall Hannya.
Step 4: You should be able to knock back Hannya once. The R. Ost should appear. Let it go to the front line and spawn Lufalan. Do not forget to meatshield. Practice timing so that Lufalan will get to the front lines as R. Ost is also getting to the front line (Luffy will die to Hannya as he doesn't outrange it, so protect him well. Once he dies, don't use him again as he will be useless and won't recharge in time if you don't kill Hannya and another R. Ost appears.).
Step 5: At this point, you should have around 2 Cosmos/Cyberpunks on the field. Just keep stalling with Roe and M. Island. Try not to stall with Elemental Duelist as he doesn't do much. You can try sending in iCat but just watch your money.
Step 6: When the second Bore spawns, spam all units as when killing him you'll make up the money. Go back to Step 5 if you kill the Bore way before the second R. Ost. Cyberpunk should be able to slow Hannya and your units will kill Bore and possibly hit Hannya.
Step 7: When the second R. Ost appears, only spawn Roe and your meatshields. Luffy should not be back yet and thus don't use him. Hopefully your stacked SGC and Cyberpunks will kill the R.Ost
Step 8: After the R. Ost is dead, Hannya's health should be low enough that you can spam all your units and he'll die. He should die before or as the 3rd Bore spawns. Keep spamming your units and you should win and destroy the base. Congrats, you beat the level. Now go play it 10 more times because you didn't get Express Caf and you don't have any Treasure Radars.
|Less combos in favour of more meatshields|
- The enemy base's HP is composed of two 666s, believed to be the "Number of the Beast".
- The River Styx is a river from Greek Mythology which makes the boundary between the world of the living and the Underworld. Source and more info.