Restriction Stages are a type of level introduced in version 5.7. As their name suggests, these stages contain restrictions (also known as Battle Restrictions) which limit the Cat Units that can be used or reduce the Cat Deploy Limit. When viewing a Restriction Stage on the map, the word "Restrictions" will appear under the level name and there will be a magenta "Conditions" button that can be tapped on to see the restrictions.
Cats that don't meet a stage's restriction can still be included in a player's lineup and activate Cat Combos, but their icons will have a red tint and trying to deploy them will cause the text "Can't use this unit!!!" to appear on screen.
There are six different types of restrictions:
- Rarity Restrictions only allow cats of certain rarities. Legend Rares can be used on any stage that allows Uber Rares.
- Cat Deploy Cost only allows cats above or below a certain cost.
- Max # Number of Deployable Cats reduces the Cat Deploy Limit.
- Deploy from Row 1 only prevents spawning of any cats in Row 2.
- Unit Restrictions are currently exclusive to the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Collaboration Event, and only lock out specific units.
- Collab Restrictions are currently exclusive to the Castle & Dragon Collaboration Event, and only allow units from certain collabs.
List of Restriction Stages
|2||Mars||Rarity: Only NN, RR, SR, UR, LR|
|3||Venus||Rarity: Only NN, RR, SR, UR, LR|
|4||Saturn||Cat Deploy Cost: ≥300¢|
|5||Venus||Cat Deploy Cost: ≥300¢|
|6||Mercury||Max # of Deployable Cats: 20|
|7||Sun||Max # of Deployable Cats: 20|
|8||Uranus||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|9||Neptune||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|11||Pluto||Rarity: Only NN, EX, UR, LR|
|12||Red Rectangle||Rarity: Only NN, EX, UR, LR|
|13||Eskimo Nebula||Rarity: Only NN, EX, UR, LR|
|14||Catseye Nebula||Cat Deploy Cost: ≤4000¢|
|15||Egg Nebula||Cat Deploy Cost: ≤4000¢|
|16||Calabash Nebula||Cat Deploy Cost: ≤4000¢|
|17||Altair||Max # of Deployable Cats: 20|
|18||Sirius||Max # of Deployable Cats: 20|
|19||Canopus||Max # of Deployable Cats: 20|
|20||Vega||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|21||Aldebaran||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|22||Betelgeuse||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|24||Cosmic Lounge||Rarity: Only EX, SR, UR|
|25||Sighter's Star||Rarity: Only EX, SR, UR|
|26||Kaiou||Rarity: Only EX, SR, UR|
|27||Magellanic||Cat Deploy Cost: ≤1200¢|
|28||Buutara||Cat Deploy Cost: ≤1200¢|
|29||Moskandag||Cat Deploy Cost: ≤1200¢|
|30||Corona||Max # of Deployable Cats: 15|
|31||Soba IV||Max # of Deployable Cats: 15|
|32||Plumpit||Max # of Deployable Cats: 15|
|33||Darararah||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|34||Thanxbye||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|36||Urura||Rarity: Only EX|
|37||Aguham||Rarity: Only EX|
|38||Somolon||Rarity: Only EX|
|39||Ababwa||Cat Deploy Cost: ≥1200¢|
|40||Titan||Cat Deploy Cost: ≥1200¢|
|41||Skelling||Cat Deploy Cost: ≥1200¢|
|42||Gorigori||Max # of Deployable Cats: 10|
|43||Broton||Max # of Deployable Cats: 10|
|44||Crimson Star||Max # of Deployable Cats: 10|
|45||N77 Nebula||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|46||Andromeda||Deploy from Row 1 only|
|47||Black Hole||Rarity: Only EX, RR, SR, LR|
Max # of Deployable Cats: 10
- Black Hole is currently the only stage to have two different restrictions.
- Prior to version 8.5, Legend Rare Cats were not usable on any stage with a Rarity Restriction.
- Even though the Iron Wall Cat normally counts toward the Cat Deploy Limit, it can still be used when the max number of units is reached in stages with Max # of Deployable Cats restrictions.