Seas of Death (Merciless) is one of the Continuation Stages that the player can access after beating An Elder Secret (Merciless), the first stage in Growing Strange. Completing this stage yields an Elder Catfruit Seed, or on rare occasions, an Elder Catfruit.
- Zoges appear as peons.
- 6 Coffin Zoges appear in this stage. The first spawns after 3.3 seconds, while the rest spawn after 20 seconds each.
- The boss, Zamelle, appears after 23.3 seconds.
- Zackie Peng spawns, after 30 seconds.
- Zombie spawns after 50 seconds.
- Zang Roo spawns alongside another Zackie Peng and Zomboe after 93.3 seconds.
- A third Zackie Peng spawns after 150 seconds.
This is the only Growing Strange stage where the boss comes out on a timer; for this reason, luring or delaying is a bad idea, especially because the Zombies may take down your base by burrowing (Zamelle does not burrow, but she has Base Destroyer, which is even worse than burrowing).
You have to use Zombie Killers here, otherwise you aren't going to have an enjoyable time. To make things worse, these Zombie Killers have to take down Zamelle, meaning that Poseidon, Inspector Gabriel, Orbital Platform Armageddon, Polevaulter and the Rare Zombie Killers won't be able to do much because of the amount of damage required for a knockback, meaning that you basically have to either use Sarukani or Baseball Mask γ and let them deal some damage between Zamelle's attacks, or you have to use tanky Z. Killer Uber Rares. There is also the alternative of dealing a very precise amount of damage to Zamelle and finishing her off with Hyper Mr., but this is not recommended.
For the rest, not much else that you may not already have in your lineup is required.
- Prior to version 8.0, there were 3 Zomboes in this stage instead of 2, there was no limit to how many Zackie Pengs would spawn, and there was a second Zang Roo that spawned after 160 seconds