Seas of Death (Merciless) is one of the 7 Continuation Stages that the player can access after beating An Elder Secret (Merciless), the only stage in Growing Strange. Completing this stage yields an Elder Catfruit Seed, or at a 1% chance, an Elder Catfruit.
- 6 Coffin Zoges spawn after 3.33 seconds100f, delay 20 seconds600f.
- Infinite Zoges spawn after 10 seconds300f, delay 26.67~33.33 seconds800f~1,000f.
- 1 Zamelle spawns as the boss after 23.33 seconds700f.
- 3 Zackie Pengs spawn after 30 seconds900f, delay 60 seconds1,800f.
- 2 Zomboes spawn after 50 seconds1,500f, delay 46.67 seconds1,400f.
- 1 Zang Roo spawns after 93.33 seconds2,800f.
This is the only Growing Strange stage where the boss comes out on a timer; for this reason, luring or delaying is a bad idea, especially because the Zombies may take down your base by burrowing (Zamelle does not burrow, but she has Base Destroyer, which may be even worse than burrowing).
You have to use Zombie Killers here for Coffin Zoge and Zamelle, otherwise you aren't going to have an enjoyable time due to their unlimited revival. To make things worse, these Zombie Killers have to take down Zamelle, meaning that Poseidon, Inspector Gabriel, Orbital Platform Armageddon, Polevaulter and the Rare Zombie Killers won't be able to do much because of the amount of damage required for the single knockback Zamelle has, meaning that you basically have to either use Sarukani or Baseball Mask γ and let them deal some damage between Zamelle's attacks, or you have to use tanky Z. Killer Uber Rares. For instance, Seashore Kai (45) is able to solo Zamelle. There is also the alternative of dealing a very precise amount of damage to Zamelle and finishing her off with an expendable unit like Hyper Mr., but this is not recommended. Even if you don't have a Zombie Killer, once the initial onslaught is defeated, you can push Zamelle back if you have a cat that outranges it. Also know that you will also have to be facing Coffin Zoges.
Due to the introduction of Shigong Cat this stage has become much more manageable, since he can tank many Zamelle hits and when stacked can kill Zamelle very quickly due to their gigantic accumulated DPS.
Do not bring Li'l Flying Cat for this stage as it will be outranged by Zang Roo and is not as effective as other options. Its cost also renders it a waste of cash.
- Prior to Version 8.0, there were 3 Zomboes instead of 2, there was no limit to how many Zackie Pengs would spawn, and there was a second Zang Roo that spawned after 160 seconds.