Steel Visage is a guerrilla stage that drops Cat Tickets. When clearing, either 2 or 3 Cat Tickets will be dropped. Facing Danger can only be beaten once per appearance, but stays on for 12 hours every time it appears.
- When the base reaches 99% HP:
This stage is like a puzzle, simple and quick, with the difficulty laying in knowing how to "solve" it.
The simplest answer is to summon Catornado (optionally with a critical chance up catcombo), as one critical from even a mid-level Catornado is capable of killing the Cyberface.
If you do not have Catornado, the next simplest solution: summon Cow Cat, wait for Cyberface to attack and rush forwards, then intercept it with another Cow close to the base. Cyberface will attack again, then quickly reach the base. Now, summon all Critical Hitters you have brought to hopefully land a hit on Cyberface, which will be enough to kill it and beat the stage. Depending by how many critical hitters are summoned and by their chance to actually perform a critical hit, this stage can go from being consistently beatable with just a single unit with 100% chance for a critical hit (Cheerleader Cat, Sunny Neneko, E. Kubilan Pasalan or, later, Crazed Moneko) to being so RNG based that it may be better to just get tickets on the much easier Love, Metal Hippoe instead.
From this basic idea, some improvements can be made, notably:
- Improving the amount and/or quality of the critical hitters, or adding units who can freeze Cyberface to grant more time.
- Adding a failsafe in case something goes wrong, such as a unit who can knock Cyberface back for a second attempt in case the critical hitters miss.
- Summoning a critical hitter before the cow, so it may hit CyberFace early.
- Replacing Cow with either a longer ranged rusher like Koi Cat, so Cyberface doesn't attack immediately after exiting the base and can proceed to killing the unit immediately, or a unit that dies after attacking, so only the first attack happens instead. Stone Cat can easily be called the best option. This is just a speed up.
- Speeding things up, something faster than Cow Cat or with a faster approach, such as intercepting Cyberface with Critical Hitters directly instead of a second Cow (notably, Sunny Neneko is good enough for this by herself).
- Speeding things up by using some Starting Money up combos, most notably by using Crazy Hearts or even better Bouncing Four + Bento Special + Offshore Accounts (or Reindeer's Gift if you don't have Offshore Accounts)
Of course, there are some different approaches that can be taken in case one doesn't have a unit with 100% crit chance, but wishes to beat the stage consistently every time. Some include:
- Cheesing the stage by using the cannon to allow a unit to clip through Cyberface's Hitbox and destroy the base (needs timing and practice, also good combos to have the cannon ready).
- Using a wave blocker with some range and many meatshields, then just taking out Cyberface one hit at a time, or using wave immune attackers and meatshields directly.
- Just letting E. Kubilan be the one to hit the base, as Cyberface will just die immediately from the wave triggered by the same attack (much slower, but you can't fail, no matter how terrible your timing is).
- Though this is not an efficient strategy, you can use two "reskin" cats with a cat CPU to cheese the stage. First you spawn nothing and wait for enough money to spawn both at the same time, then turn the cat CPU. The two cats must have EXACTLY the same speed, same range, same foreswing and have a damage that totals up to over 60,000. Some examples are The White Rabbit and Midsummer Rabbit, or Sharpshooter Saki and Squirtgun Saki.
The schedule is the same in both Japanese and English version. On odd days, Facing Danger appears on the first 12 hours. On even days, Facing Danger appears on the second 12 hours (at 11:59 so it doesn't pass onto the next day).
- 2nd day: 11:59 - 23:59
- 5th day: 0:00 - 12:00
- 8th day: 11:59 - 23:59
- 11th day: 0:00 - 12:00
- 14th day: 11:59 -23:59
- 17th day: 0:00 - 12:00
- 20th day: 11:59 - 23:59
- 23rd day: 0:00 -12:00
- 26th day: 11:59 -23:59
- 29th day: 0:00 - 12:00
It is also available as a Catamin Stage for 2 Catamins C.