- For the enemy of the same name, see Super Metal Hippoe (Metal).
Super Metal Hippoe (超メタル降臨 激ムズ, Chō metaru kōrin geki muzu, Super Metal Arrival (Expert)) is one of the special stages where the player can get a Cat Ticket upon clearing.
- The boss of this stage is Super Metal Hippoe, which only takes 1 damage except for Critical Hits, it also has an additional ability to knockback all cats in its range.
- Standard Metal Hippoes and weak enemies such as Those Guys and Hippoe will always be spawned to protect the boss.
- Using meatshields and Critical Hitters such as Space Cat, Jurassic Cat and Hurricat can make this level much easier.
- To greatly simplify the level, you can bring Crazed Whale Cat and Island Cat, then proceed to spam both of them for the entirety of the level, no stalling required. Doing this, it is possible to clear the level in two minutes or less, depending on the frequency of Critical Hits. Due to Crazed Whale and Island's damage, they can both kill Super Metal Hippoe in one hit if they do a Critical.
- Berserker Cat is very useful in this stage, as there are many peons, and because many Critters only attack one enemy at a time, a Critical Hit may be missed, Berserker with his Area Attack can do Critical damage to all enemies in range, and like Island Cat or Crazed Whale, he can also kill Super Metal Hippoe in one hit.
- Using Goemon Cat to gain money for Waitress Cat, Awakened Bahamut Cat and Crazed Cow Cat as rushers and using Riceball Cat as a meatshield is a quick strategy. The extra slots can be used for Cat Combos, or other fast cats such as Sanada Yukimura to destroy the enemy base quicker.
- Backhoe Cat makes this stage trivial as they only target metal enemies, allowing you to indefinitely stall the Those Guys with Wall Cats and a slow single target attacker like Moneko to build a huge stack of Backhoe Cats. Even a level 1 Backhoe Cat can clear this stage with enough stacking
Strategy 1 (speedrun)
Note that using energy refills for grinding in this stage is a viable way to get, on average, a rare ticket per 120 catfood worth of refills, as long as you have 1000 max energy. This strategy is to allow more advanced players to do so, but it can be used, with eventual, minor tweaks, by everyone who just wishes to complete this stage fast when it comes up.
Feel free to replace the combos for better ones, if you have certain ubers with good speed up combos combos.
Battle: Depending By the level of your Crazed Giraffe and whether or not it's in true form, you should either start with Waitress cat (can be below level 30, she just needs to one-shot SMH, which doesn't take much) and follow with 2 high level Manic Lions; or start with a Crazed Giraffe, then Waitress, then another Crazed Giraffe (if levels are lower). After these 3 units, summon Maglev, then keep spamming Crazed Giraffe and add a Zamboney (not that mandatory, but recommended) when Waitress is close to the base. If Waitress can land an attack before SMH spawns, it's ok, but you should wait longer before spawning her the next time, while you should summon her earlier if she is still far from the base when that happens. Once SMH spawns, Zamboney will keep it in place while Waitress attacks immediately and kills it, as the Giraffes take care of the peons. Use the money from the boss for A.Bahamut. The Crazed Giraffes will push Metal Hippoe behind the base and let everyone hit it until it's destroyed. There is no need for precise timing; as long as you remember the summoning order, victory will be fast and easy every time.
Strategy 1-b (lower-effort speedrun strat)
Similar to above strat but there's no need for Maglev or Zamboney, just spam Lions. Finish around 50 sec with suggested lineup.
Row 1: Worker Cat (M) [(S) works ok too], Speed Up
Row 2: Manic Lion, Lion (if he's not part of a combo), Waitress/Soba, A.Baha, Yukimura (or your choice)
Cannon: Doesn't matter, won't be used.
Wait til $1200 then send Waitress. When you have funds, send Manic Lion and spam til the end. Start spamming normal Lion along with the 2nd manic, then stop after boss shockwave but keep sending manics. (Stopping Lion spam ensures enough $ for all rushers when SMH dies.) The dual lions will hold enough ground for Waitress to strike. After SMH dies, send rushers to finish off the base.
Occasionally, Waitress might strike a peon instead of SMH. This is quite rare, but you can sub in a Slime in place of the first or second normal lion if it bothers you. In this case, using Lion in a combo is recommended so you don't have to remove any row 2 units listed above.
Unit level requirement is flexible, but the way you start may need to be adjusted slightly if your cats are quite low-level (as mentioned in the "Zamboney" strat above). If Waitress strikes the base before boss shockwave, you need to send her later.
Strategy 2 (no Zamboney)
Lure SMH to your base and kill it there.
This strategy is likely slower than the previous one, but can still grant around 42 completions per hour if one keeps playing this stage while it's on.
Lineup: Miss NENEKO, Miss MONEKO, Ramen Cat, Island Cat, Seafarer Cat, A. Bahamut (30), Waitress Cat (17), Maglev Cat (37), Crazed Giraffe (30).
Any cat can be in their true form, but that's not mandatory. A stronger Crazed Giraffe may slow down the attempt due to SMH taking longer to kill it.
Cat Combos used: Critical Rate Up, two Worker Cat Start Level Up (Sm)
Send in two Crazed Giraffes. Send a Maglev immediately after, then another Crazed Giraffe. This is in order to spawn SMH as soon as possible. Don't spawn another Giraffe. You don't want too many of them for now.
Once SMH spawns, let it get to your base (let your base take the damage) and summon Waitress. She should be able to one-shot SMH. If a peon seems like it will ruin the plan, send in a Crazed Giraffe or two and/or a Maglev to kill the peon before Waitress strikes.
Once SMH dies, spam your Row 2 cats (Row 1 as well if you feel like it, but it's tiring to keep switching between two rows) to reach the enemy base, destroy it, and finish the level.
- 1st (7:00am-8:00am)
- 4th (11:00am-12:00pm)
- 7th (4:00pm-5:00pm)
- 10th (8:00am-9:00am)
- 13th (12:00pm-1:00pm)
- 16th (5:00pm-6:00pm)
- 19th (1:00pm-2:00pm)
- 22nd (7:00pm-8:00pm)
- 25th (8:00pm-9:00pm)
- 28th (9:00pm-10:00pm)
- 31st (10:00pm-11:00pm)
Please note that this stage appears depending on your device's time and date.