For the stage of the same name, see Super Metal Hippoe (Expert)
This Metal enemy, unlike Sir Metal Seal, tends to appear in non-Metal stages like Saucy Scandals or Oil Spill Rainbow. Super Metal Hippoe also tends to appear in groups of two or three in some stages, such as Total Myopia and March to Death.
It is important to note that like all other Metal enemies, Super Metal Hippoe takes only one damage from any attack, unless it is a Critical Hit. As such, Critical Hitters are almost mandatory, unless you want an extremely long, drawn-out battle.
Space Cats can work very well as they outrange Super Metal Hippoe, allowing them to be stacked to increase the chance of a Critical Hit. Likewise, Berserker Cat or Hayabusa are both extremely effective against it, since they can both land highly damaging Critical Hits.
Since this enemy has Area Attack, you may want to bring less weak meatshields, so Primordial Cat, or in rarer cases, Noodle Cats can fill this role. Notably, Riceball Cat can tank several hits from Super Metal Hippoe, depending on the level, and keeps Super Metal Hippoe from pushing due to a knockback immunity.
|Enemy Unit # 56||Metal|
Super Metal Hippoe
|Metal Hippoe who abused file sharing|
software and came down with the
Trojan virus, now he's out of control.
Appears to be weak to critical attacks.
|Enemy Unit # 56||Metal|
超メタルカバちゃん (Chō Metaru Kaba-chan, Super Metal Hippo-chan)
|Got a Trojan Virus from file|
sharing software and went berserk.
Knocks back all enemies who stand in his way.
Vulnerable to Critical Hits.
- Stage 37: Jamaica (200%)
- Stage 20-2: Utopia is Over There (100%)
- Stage 31-4: Alien Ecology (100%)
- Stage 35-2: Bionic Seaweed (200%)
- Stage 37-5: Saucy Scandals (200%)
- Stage 39-1: Electric Bath (200%)
- Stage 2-2: Nyandaria (300%)
- Stage 5-1: Crowded Surf (300%)
- Stage 7-1: Midnight Lycopene (300%)
- Stage 9-5: Roe Row (300%)
- Stage 12-4: Woods of Resentment (300%)
- Stage 15-6: Total Myopia (300%)
- Stage 31-1: Pilgrim Agitators (300%)
- Stage 33-3: Oil Spill Rainbow (300%)
- Stage 36-3: Re-Leaf Towers (300%)
- Siege of Hippoe!: Super Metal Hippoe (Expert) (100%)
- The Crazed Fish: Fish Hell (Insane) (100%)
- Monthly Event All-Stars Miracle Celebration: Miracle Tactics! (Insane) (100%)
- Sweet Irony: Attack on Titanium (Insane) (100%)
- Techneurosis: Nuts 'n' Bolts (Expert) (100%)
- Li'l Fish Awakens!: Tiny Fins (Deadly) (300%)
- Silver Week: A Distant Road (100%)
- Crazed Moneko: In LONDON (100%)
- Bitter Irony: Wrath of Titanium (Deadly) (100%)
- Dead by Encore: March to Death (Merciless) (300%)
- Growing Strange: Clash of Steel (Merciless) (300%)
- The Proving Grounds: First Round (Deadly) (100%)
- Heavenly Tower:
- Infernal Tower:
|Super Metal Hippoe|
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|8,000 HP||3,000 damage
|47f (1.57 seconds)||18||16 times||8f 0.27s |
(10f 0.33s backswing)
|100% chance to knockback all Cat Units||Metal|
- He was originally exclusive to Siege of Hippoe!, making him, CyberFace and Angel Fanboy the only event enemies to become regular enemies.
- Coincidentally, all three are Metal.
- A Trojan virus is obtained by downloading corrupted files onto your computer, giving the hacker control.
- The term "Virus" in computer means Virtual Information Resource Under Siege.
- This is probably why his debut stage is called "Siege of Hippoe!".