Tank Cat is one of the Normal Cats and the second cat the player obtains as a unit. It was available after clearing Korea in Empire of Cats: Chapter 1 and costs 0 XP (used to be 500 XP) to unlock. True Form increases health and attack damage.
|Cat Unit # 1|
Evolves into Wall Cat at level 10.
Evolves into Eraser Cat at level 20+10 using Cat Tickets.
- Very high deployment rate
- Low cost
- High health
- Low movement speed
- Low attack power
- Tank Cat boasts a fairly large health pool for its cost. However, this defensive stat contrasts sharply with its attack power and DPS which make it one of the weakest offensive units in the game.
- Tank Cat's only purpose is to act as a shield, providing frontline protection for longer range, damage dealing units behind it.
- It's real strength is in the cheap cost and rapid deployment rate which feeds a near continuous stream of replacements to the frontline when spammed.
- Early on, Tank Cat has a longer cooldown time than Cat, so time your production carefully to maximize their efficiency. Later on, thanks to Treasure and Research upgrades, the Tank Cat's cooldown can also reach the lowest possible (2 seconds), allowing it to be as spammable as Cat and a more effective layer of defense for a battalion.
- It is however slow, which makes it difficult to maintain a frontline shield if the battle zone is wide or if the cats are near the enemy base. Players can overcome this deficiency by combining Tank Cat and its Crazed counterpart, Crazed Tank Cat and/or other fast moving, defensive units (Riceball Cat) to fill any gap and maintain a solid layer of defense.
- Tank Cat and its evolutions' very low attack power is useful in stages where only weak enemies appear at the beginning. A Tank Cat frontline can engage in a war of attrition with peons for a long time, with neither side advancing. This stalemate buys much needed time in which players can then level up Worker Cat, save a full wallet and summon high-cost damage dealing units in order to start the push towards the enemy base.
This cat is in the following Cat Combos:
|Cat Army||[Normal] Cat||Worker Cat Starting Level (Sm)|
|Take A Bow||[Normal] Tank Cat
[Uber Rare] Kubilan Pasalan
|"Knockback" Effect Up (Sm)|
Cat Unit # 1
|Tough. High health. (Area Attack) Strong enough to move a pebble.|
|Rigid defense. Now with corners (Area Attack) Strong enough to move a small rock.|
|Can take a beating thanks to elasticity. Really Good™ Defense. (Area Attack) Strong enough to move two small rocks.|
Cat Unit # 1
タンクネコ (tanku neko, Tank Cat)
|Shield character with high stamina. Attack power is as potent as a sparrow's tears (area attack)|
ネコカベ (neko kabe, Wall Cat)
|Shield character whose use is solely to act as a wall. Attack power is still the same (area attack)|
ゴムネコ (gomu neko, Gum Cat)
|まさにカベに徹する為の盾専用キャラ ゴムの弾力を利用してさらに強化されたが 攻撃力はあいかわらず(範囲攻撃)|
|Shield character whose use is solely to act as a wall. Has been made stronger using the elasticity of rubber ... but attack power is still the same (area attack)|
|Total XP Cost||193,000|
- *shows the XP required at the level indicated to attain next level
- *example : Level 19 (Row 1x, Column 9), shows a 32,600 XP cost to advance to level 20
- *where applicable level 30-49 upgrades also require catseyes, 30-44 = +1 catseye, 45-49 = +2 catseyes
- Initial Stats are shown before any modifying effects are applied.
- HP = Health ; AP = Attack Power = Damage ; DPS = Damage Per Second
1 Movement Speed = 15 attack range per second ; TBA = Idle time between attack animations.
- f = frames ; 30f = 1 second ; Attack Animation = Idle + Foreswing + Backswing (frames)
- Catseye,User Rank and gameplay progress may alter the max level. See related pages for information.
- See this section for treasure effects.
- Normal: Looks like the basic Cat but with a more vertically stretched body. Attacks by bending its neck as it reaches down. The mouth is shaped like a rectangle instead of circles(similar to the Crazed Cats)
- Evolved: Looks like a flat rectangle and looks like a wall. Attacks by slamming on the ground.
- True: Wall Cat became elastic! Now has a wrapper around its body which says "NEKO" on the front. Its width is also a bit more stretched. In other national versions of the game, the NEKO is removed.
- In the Taiwanese version, Eraser Cat does not have "NEKO" on its body. The same also applies to Manic Eraser Cat.
- Tank Cat is the only Normal Cat that has a mouth similar to those of the Crazed Cats.
- Crazed Tank Cat is about 3 times as powerful as a Tank Cat, when compared at Level 1.
- Though it has higher HP when hypermaxed. (25,200 HP compared to Crazed Tank's 22,270)
- Eraser Cat is one of two True Forms of Normal Cats that does not have its HP doubled from the Evolved form, the other being King Dragon Cat.
- Before Version 4.2.0 of Nyanko Daisensou, Tank Cat was one of the cats that had the shortest range, along with Sumo Cat. The shortest range now belongs to the Li'l Tank Cat, with only 100 range.
- Eraser Cat's logo "NEKO" is most likely a reference to the eraser company in Japan, "MONO".
- "Neko" also means cat in Japanese, which is very fitting for Eraser Cat.
|Related to Cat Units|
|Full Cat List • Cat Release Order • Special Abilities • True Form • Cat Capsule • Cat Combo • Upgrade Menu • Worker Cat • User Rank • Catseye • Catfruit • Talents|