Taste of Success is the fourth event stage in the game where the player can receive a large amount of XP upon completing. Like other XP stages, it consists entirely of Black enemies, excluding Ms. Sign.
- 3 Doge Darks spawn after 10 seconds300f, delay 3.33~5 seconds100f~150f.
- 6 Doge Darks spawn after 20 seconds600f, delay 5~10 seconds150f~300f.
- 3 Gory Blacks spawn after 30 seconds900f, delay 5~10 seconds150f~300f.
- 1 Shadow Boxer K spawns after 46.67 seconds1,400f.
- Infinite Doge Darks spawn after 40 seconds1,200f, delay 30~60 seconds900f~1,800f.
- Infinite Gory Blacks spawn after 80 seconds2,400f, delay 30~60 seconds900f~1,800f.
- Infinite Shadow Boxer Ks spawn after 120 seconds3,600f, delay 40~80 seconds1,200f~2,400f.
- When the base reaches 99% HP:
- 1 Director Kurosawah spawns as the boss.
- 20 Doge Darks spawn, delay 3.33~6.67 seconds100f~200f.
- 3 Tackeys spawn, delay 30~33.33 seconds900f~1,000f.
- 3 Shadow Boxer Ks spawn, delay 0.07 seconds2f.
- 5 Gory Blacks spawn, delay 0.07 seconds2f.
- 5 Doge Darks spawn, delay 0.07 seconds2f.
- 8 Shadow Boxer Ks spawn, delay 6.67~10 seconds200f~300f.
- 10 Gory Blacks spawn, delay 6.67~10 seconds200f~300f.
- 15 Doge Darks spawn, delay 6.67~10 seconds200f~300f.
- 8 Dark Otters spawn, delay 10~16.67 seconds300f~500f.
- 3 Razorbacks spawn, delay 33.33 seconds1,000f.
After the first time you beat the level, if you are confident in your strategy, bring a Treasure Radar and Cat Jobs. With those two items and Prof. Cat Jobs thrown in, you can get around 3 MILLION XP.
- Imagawa Yoshimoto - A good counter to Tackey, if you can manage to push him into Tackey's blindspot. Guaranteed weaken makes Tackey less of a threat to your other units.
- Seashore Kai / Immortal Keiji / King Gamereon - Anti-black tankers that can stall the enemies whist dealing some damage, wiping out the weaker pushers.
- Yukimura / Twinstars / Kasa Jizo - Fast, cheap, capable of easily getting into Tackey's blindspot and with short recharge time, they can help a lot for this level. Though be cautious when deploying them, as too much DPS can lead to the Razorbacks dying too fast and getting everyone to Kurosawah's range. They could be helpful for rushing, though that's another matter.
- Divine Kuu - Capable of both taking and dealing a lot of damage at a reasonable range, though be wary of her long attack animation and lengthy attack rate.
- Oda Nobunaga: Can perma-freeze the nasty pushers like Razorback and tank Tackey hits due to having only 1 knockback.
The vast majority of Anti-Blacks help out in here, excluding the ones with knockback ability, as those will bring everything to Kurosawah's range and kill your whole stack.
Strategy 1 (ft. Hermit Cat)
Hermit Cat is a very useful unit in this stage. Not only does he make killing Kurosawah a LOT faster, he helps control the black hordes, preventing them from ruining your bomber stack, and unlike a talented Dark Lazer, doesn't deal too much damage to the Razorback, letting wave DPS stack up consistently.
Lineup:: Prof. Cat Jobs, Awakened Bahamut Cat, Hermit Cat (30+), Manic Macho Legs, Pizza Cat, Manic Mohawk Cat, Manic Eraser Cat, Eraser Cat, Bombercat (Must be True Form), Cyborg Cat / Drone Cat / Cameraman Cat / Nymph Cat / Manic Flying Cat. Professor Cat Jobs is present for his combo and isn't required.
Battle: For the startoff, use meatshields, Bomber, Manic Macho Legs, and Hermit to deal with the enemies. Stack Bomber, making sure to desynch at least the first 3. Make sure to not spawn the other units. Eventually, you will push. When you get about halfway, spawn Awakened Bahamut to activate the boss wave without your bombers syncing on base hit. Beware of pushing too much: if you spawn too many of the listed spammable attackers, you may push past Razorback and into Kurosawah's range, which is certain death for your stack and (possibly) run.
Once the Razorback and the rest of the enemies come out, keep spamming meatshields, Bomber, Manic Macho Legs, and Hermit. If Cat jobs is in True Form, spawn him too. Once the second Razorback comes out, slow down your Bomber spam as to not hit the deploy limit. Eventually, Kurosawah will die, and at that point, just spam everything; with Kurosawah gone, the base is free for the taking.
- Prior to the Version 6.6 Update, this stage's map was called “Deadly XP!”.
- This was the first Merciless stage introduced into Battle Cats.
- Once you beat the stage once, it disappears completely, and you need to wait for it to appear again to beat it once more.
- It was one of the first stages to act this way upon completion.
- Due to this, acquisition limits for the stage's drop rewards are completely meaningless.