This is by far the most deadly enemy in the Empire of Cats Chapters. He is first seen in Stage 3-48, known as the Moon (Chapter 3 level 48) in the English version. Some Legend Stages will also have Teacher Bun Bun and his colored variants. He has a massive 399,996 HP and 9,000 damage in Chapter 3 - Moon.
He's easily countered by numerous Paris Cats and Dragon Cat stacks, with proper meatshield spamming. A Fisherman Cat stack might even be able to disable him altogether, if you have enough of them and units to clear the peons.
A fair amount of people fall into the trap of spending Cat Food on continues or The Cat God in order to defeat Bun Bun when they first encounter him. Although Bun Bun is the hardest boss in Empire of Cats, with proper strategy and lineups you can defeat him without spending any Cat Food.
Before attempting this stage, it is highly advised to have 100% Treasures or at the very least, activate them. Save your Cat food since you might regret spending it later. Patience and being rational is the key to winning. Additionally, there will be much harder challenges to overcome in future stages.
Strategy for first encounter
Strategy for later encounters
By now, you should have more anti-Floating units in your arsenal that can help you. Strong units like Bahamut Cat and stacks of heavy hitters like Dragon Cat or Paris Cat can deal enough damage to knock him back and prevent him from attacking your long-range units, and units with slow/freeze abilities (notably Sanzo Cat and Necro-Dancer Cat) can stop his advance entirely. Megidora is very helpful against him and his variants, as his knockback ability can prevent him from getting close to your heavy hitters, and his slow ability can keep your line safe.
Enemy Unit # 26
Teacher Bun Bun
| Former Master of Teacher Bear. |
His physical punishment is love.
Enemy Unit # 26
ぶんぶん先生 (Bun Bun-Sensei, Teacher Bun BUn)
| Former teacher of Teacher Bear. |
A dangerous teacher that screams, "My physical punishment is love!" while punching you.
Teacher Bun Bun's Red variant. Slightly smaller in aesthetic size. Very high health and attack power slightly less than that of a 400% Teacher Bun Bun. He has half the number of damage knockbacks.
Teacher Bun Bun's Black variant. Bigger in aesthetic size. Very high health with slower movement speed and surprisingly low attack power in comparison.
A smaller variant of Teacher Bun Bun. Has much lower health, attack power and range, but is faster and appears in swarms. Has half the number of damage knockbacks.
A mechanical version of Teacher Bun Bun that serves as the final boss of Stories of Legend. Has behemoth amounts of health and damage, a faster attack rate and an Omni strike reach. Despite having Mecha in its name, it's not considered a Metal enemy.
Mecha-Bun's Relic variant. Attacks even faster, gets knocked back half as many times, has even longer reach, deals half as much damage, is slower, and 100% curses Cat Units on each attack. Unlike other variants, Relic Bun-Bun is not a Floating enemy.
Once Mecha-Bun is defeated in Stories of Legend, it will be unlocked as a Special Cat. It has high health and DPS, but is short-ranged and has no abilities outside of True Form, which gains immunity to Curse and becomes strong against Relics..
- Stage 3-48: Moon/Iriomote (400%)
- Stage 7-8: Cave Fillet (600%)
- Stage 10-5: Volcanic Defender (600%)
- Stage 20-6: Marco Po Road (900%)
- Stage 21-6: Underground (1100%)
- Stage 23-6: Saint Red Fox (400%)
- Stage 27-3: Warrior's Dawn (2800%)
- Stage 28-5: No More Bad Dreams (1200%)
- Stage 32-6: Trouble at the Mansion (1500%)
- Stage 34-4: Revenant Road (1500%)
- Stage 41-4: OS Graveyard (1500%)
- Stage 42-5: Baroque Beasts (1000%)
- Stage 48-7: Twilight Zephyr (1800%)
- Stage 11-4: Sage of the Peak (2000%)
- Stage 24-4: Despotism at Home (2000%)
- Stage 26-2: Icarus' Instinct (2000%)
- Teacher! It's Spring!: Let's Start Over (400%)
- Monday Blitz Stage: Rich Cat (Veteran) (600%)
- Growing Green:
- Strait of Wings: Ancient Ruins (Insane) (750%)
- Worker's Revolution: Maternity Leave Forever (900%)
- Spring for Sensei: U + Me = Photosynthesis (600%)
- Isle of the Map Lord: Compass Mound (Deadly) (1000%)
- Total War: Fall Special: Feast of Fall: Basic (Insane) (500%)
- Heavenly Tower:
|Teacher Bun Bun|
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Time between attacks||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|99,999 HP||2,250 damage|
(31f attack frequency)
- *Note that these are Teacher Bun Bun's stats at 100% strength magnification; he does not appear at magnifications under 400% in any stage, including Empire of Cats Chapter 3.
|Uikichi||A "traditional" way to beat Teacher Bun Bun in Stage 3-48|
Appearances in other media
He appears as a boss enemy (and possible 'drop' monster) in the collaboration quest.
Metal Slug Defense
He appears as an enemy and Unit
- Teacher Bun Bun appears in Mystery Girl Yuki's attack animation; Bun Bun Black appears in Crazed Yuki's attack animation; J.K Bun Bun appears in Lost World Yuki's attack animation.
- Teacher Bun Bun is the only Empire of Cats Moon boss without an event-exclusive variant (like The Face - Princess Head).