- 1 Enemy
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Description
- 4 Variants
- 5 Encounters
- 6 Stats
- 7 Existence Elsewhere
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Reference
Teacher Bun Bun is by far the toughest opponent faced in Empire of Cats, with higher health and pushing power than any previously encountered enemy. He can and will destroy anything that enters his range (200) - that includes UFO Cat, Whale Cat and Mythical Titan Cat.
He may seem impossible to defeat, but he can be defeated with the proper strategy, an example being Sexy Legs Cats and Dragon Cats stacked in tandem with a continuous spam of "meatshields" (e.g., Macho Cat, Wall Cat, Coin Cat, Catburger, Samba Cat, etc).
- It is highly recommended to get all Superior Treasures in all Empire of Cats Chapters (prioritize the Energy Drink, Giant Safe, Relativity Clock, Super Register, Legendary Cat Shield, and Legendary Cat Sword) to make him manageable, along with upgrading every cat you're using to level 20.
- Take advantage of his short reach and prioritize long-ranged attackers over tanks; Mythical Titan Cat can only take so many hits from him, but a gang of Dragon Cats and Paris Cats can deal massive damage to him given enough time.
- Anti-Floating units with slow or freeze abilities are quite helpful, provided they have enough range to land a hit on him.
- Later in the game, his pushing power goes down immensely due to the player having faster meatshields, like Crazed Cat and Crazed Tank Cat, and powerful True Forms such as Sanzo Cat and Cameraman Cat.
|Enemy Unit # 26||Floating|
Teacher Bun Bun
|Former Master of Teacher Bear. |
His physical punishment is love.
Don't think. FEEL!
|Enemy Unit # 26||Floating|
ぶんぶん先生 (Bun Bun-Sensei, Teacher Bun Bun)
|Former teacher of Teacher Bear. A dangerous teacher who|
screams, "My physical punishment is love!"
while punching you. His merciless fist
is expected as a monster parent killer.
Teacher Bun Bun's Red variant. Slightly smaller in aesthetic size. Very high health and attack power but slightly less than that of a 400% Teacher Bun Bun. He has half the number of knockbacks.
Teacher Bun Bun's Black variant. Bigger in aesthetic size. Very high health with slower movement speed and surprisingly low attack power by comparison.
A smaller variant of Teacher Bun Bun. Has lower health, attack power and range, but is much faster and appears in swarms. Has half the number of damage knockbacks.
A mechanical, floating version of Teacher Bun Bun that serves as the final boss of Stories of Legend. Has behemoth amounts of health and damage, a faster attack rate, and attacks that extend slightly past its range. Despite having Mecha in its name, its not considered a Metal enemy.
Mecha-Bun's Relic variant. Attacks even faster, gets knocked back half as many times, has even longer reach, deals half as much damage, moves slower, and is guaranteed to curse Cat Units for 10 seconds. Unlike other variants, Relic Bun-Bun is not a Floating enemy.
Once Mecha-Bun is defeated in Stories of Legend, it will be unlocked as a Special Cat. It has high health and DPS, but is short-ranged and has no abilities outside of True Form, which gains immunity to Curse and becomes strong against Relics.
- Stage 3-48: Moon/Iriomote (400%)
- Stage 7-8: Cave Fillet (600%)
- Stage 10-5: Volcanic Defender (600%)
- Stage 20-6: Marco Po Road (900%)
- Stage 21-6: Underground (1,100%)
- Stage 23-6: Saint Red Fox (400%)
- Stage 27-3: Warrior's Dawn (2,800%)
- Stage 28-5: No More Bad Dreams (1,200%)
- Stage 32-6: Trouble at the Mansion (1,500%)
- Stage 34-4: Revenant Road (1,500%)
- Stage 41-4: OS Graveyard (1,500%)
- Stage 42-5: Baroque Beasts (1,000%)
- Stage 48-7: Twilight Zephyr (1,800%)
- Stage 11-4: Sage of the Peak (2,000%)
- Stage 24-4: Despotism at Home (2,000%)
- Stage 26-2: Icarus' Instinct (2,000%)
- Stage 27-1: The Prince's Woods (2,000%)
- Stage 37-1: Confront the Tyrant (2,000%)
- Teacher! It's Spring!: Let's Start Over (400%)
- Monday Blitz Stage: Rich Cat (Veteran) (600%)
- Growing Green:
- Strait of Wings: Ancient Ruins (Insane) (750%)
- Worker's Revolution: Maternity Leave Forever (900%)
- Spring for Sensei: U + Me = Photosynthesis (600%)
- Isle of the Map Lord: Compass Mound (Deadly) (1,000%)
- Total War: Fall Special: Feast of Fall: Basic (Insane) (500%)
- Heavenly Tower:
|Teacher Bun Bun|
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|99,999 HP||2,250 damage
|31f (1.03 seconds)||23||10 times||20f 0.67s |
(11f 0.37s backswing)
- *Note that these are Teacher Bun Bun's stats at 100% strength magnification; he does not appear at magnifications under 400% in any stage.
Teacher Bun Bun was the main antagonist of Nyanko Daibōsō, where he would periodically appear in front of the player's cat for a few seconds and drop coins every time he took damage.
Nyanko Defense Force
In Nyanko Defence Force, Teacher Bun Bun, Relic Bun-Bun and several new Bun Buns could be fought as bosses or Raid Bosses. They would constantly shoot large plasma balls from their mouths or their fists. Li'l Bun Bun was also present as a regular enemy, and would appear every now and then to create a barricade from attacking the enemy ships; if defeated, he would drop a plethora of rewards.
The new Bun Buns use conjectural names, as their actual names are currently unknown.
|Teacher Bun Bun||Christmas Bun Bun||Fire Bun Bun||Umbral Bun Bun||Relic Bun-Bun|
|Firelic Bun-Bun||Relic Umbral Bun Bun (古代 闇 ぶんぶん先生)||General Bun Bun (大将 ブンブン校長運命)||Li'l Bun Bun|
Before Kyoto Project was removed, Teacher Bun Bun appeared in it as both an enemy and an obtainable collaboration unit.
|ぶんぶん先生 (Teacher Bun Bun)|
|Number of Attackers||1|
|Attribute||Cat / Floating|
|Number of Attacks||1|
He appears as a boss enemy (and possible 'drop' monster) in the collaboration quest.
Metal Slug Defense
He appears as a collaboration enemy and unit, along with Bun Bun Black.
- Teacher Bun Bun appears in Mystery Girl Yuki's attack animation; Bun Bun Black appears in Crazed Yuki's attack animation; J.K Bun Bun appears in Lost World Yuki's attack animation.
- He is the only Empire of Cats Moon boss without an event-exclusive variant (like The Face - Princess Head).
- The Face, Dark Emperor Nyandam and Teacher Bun Bun all share the same amount of health: 99,999. However, Nyandam only has one unbuffed appearance, and Teacher Bun Bun is always fought at 400% or more.