The boss of the first Chapter's final stage, The Face has extremely high health and attack but is the slowest enemy in the game. Additionally, he attacks very infrequently, rendering his highly devastating attacks useless in the presence of meatshields and 350+ range cats.
Later on in the game, this enemy becomes more defensively-focused, as his 1 speed keeps him from straying too far away from the enemy base, along with late-game buffs making his high health and high attack power skyrocket to where he can destroy most of your units with a single chomp.
It is recommended to only use Crowd-controllers that can outrange him, but even then, because of his 1 movement speed, there is not much reason to use any effect other than Weaken or Freeze. Uber Rare Cats that work especially well against The Face include, but are not limited to: Saber, Super Galaxy Cosmo, Empress Chronos, Megidora, M. Bison, Madoka Kaname, Shining Amaterasu, Catman, and virtually any other generalist or anti-Floating Uber.
You can also take advantage of his long interval between attacks by using units such as Swimmer Cat, Express Cat, Hip Hop Cat and/or Awakened Bahamut Cat to get some quick damage off. Otherwise, he should not be the main focus for your lineup in many of the stages he appears in.
|Enemy Unit # 018||Floating|
|Too strict a diet resulted in no body.|
No one knows why he is floating.
(Don't try this at home)
|Enemy Unit # 018||Floating|
|Kaoru-kun became only a face after dieting too much.|
His face became bloated because his body is gone,
and he weighs more than he did before dieting.
So he tried to float.
|Shy Boy||A Red/Floating variant of The Face. Attacks and moves much faster, but has much less health and deals less damage per attack. Has well-rounded stats when buffed and can destroy your front lines considerably fast if not stalled correctly.|
|Leggsy||A Traitless variant of The Face with feet and thus no Floating trait. Considerably faster than The Face (has half of Shy Boy's speed) and has a much faster attack speed, but has about half of The Face's health.|
|Princess Head||A variant of The Face with Princess Punt hair. 1/3 as fast as Doge Dark. Attacks about as fast as Shy Boy and does 2,400 damage at 100% strength magnification.|
|I.M. Phace||An Alien/Floating version of The Face. Much faster and has a chance to freeze Cat Units. To add insult to injury, he has longer range, making him very hard for Gross Cat and Psychocat to survive long against him. He gets knocked back twice as much as The Face.|
|CyberFace||A Metal variant of The Face. Has very low health but compensates for it with extreme damage, high speed, Base Destroyer and an incredibly powerful Wave Attack that can one-shot almost every unit in the game, with a chance to knockback Cat Units if they aren't killed by the Wave or initial hit. However, its health is extremely low, so it will die to nearly any Critical Hit.|
|Hannya||Another Red variant, looks like a Shy Boy wearing a mask. The mask weighs Shy Boy down and thus nullifies his Floating trait. Has very slow movement speed but exceptional range and damage, high health, and the ability to weaken cats. First appears as the boss of River Styx.|
|Lowkey||A Relic/Floating variant of The Face, with far more range and no delay between attacks, but not as many knockbacks. Curses Cat Units for 10 seconds.|
|Dead Donny Dash||A Zombie variant of Leggsy. Has Long Distance attacks, burrows 750 towards the Cat Base and revives once at 100% HP.|
|Shakurel Face||A variant of The Face that only appears in the Shakurel Planet stages. Has quadruple the health and damage of a normal Face.|
|Black Okame||A Red/Black variant of Hannya, with much more HP, fewer knockbacks and a lower time between attacks. While its standing range is shorter, it has much more pushing power thanks to its Omni Strikes and guaranteed chance to knockback Cat Units. It's also immune to freeze, so iCat and Bombercat won’t have any effect.|
|Yakisoba Face||A variant of The Face that appears in the Nissin U.F.O. Collaboration Event. Has high range, one knockback, low movement speed and can warp Cat Units for 1,000 range.|
|Wicked Face||An Aku variant of The Face. Has a very long range with an even longer Mini-Wave attack, as well as freeze and a shield.|
|Sathankhamun VIII||An Aku variant of Hannya. Has slightly varied stats, but also has an Omni Strike and a 100% chance to slow every cat within its range.|
- Stage 1-48: Moon (100%)
Strength magnifications are 300% in Chapter 1, 600% in Chapter 2, and 800% in Chapter 3.
- Stage 33: Easter Island
- Stage 10: Maldives (600%)
- Stage 5-5: Twin Peaks (400%)
- Stage 14-5: Crunchy Pillar (1,200%)
- Stage 17-5: Chicken Game (1,000%)
- Stage 18-5: Pitfall Zone (2,000%)
- Stage 20-3: Godiego Pass (1,000%)
- Stage 21-2: Claustronyctophobia (1,000%)
- Stage 22-6: Satan's Bedroom (800%)
- Stage 23-5: Agape's Cage (600%)
- Stage 26-6: Benzene Field (200%)
- Stage 28-2: Knights of the Round (1,600%)
- Stage 35-1: Virus Smugglers (1,600%)
- Stage 41-6: Broadband Omens (2,000%)
- Stage 45-5: Toasty Turnpike (2,000%)
- Stage 10-5: Shocking Exile (500%)
- Stage 13-3: Lost Sailors (1,000%)
- Stage 15-4: Cracked Column (2,000%)
- Stage 19-4: Nighttime Lure (1,600%)
- Stage 44-2: Night of the Hustler (500%)
- Friday Stage: Helpful Cat (Hard) (200%)
- Loving Labor: Pay without Leave (100%)
- Jingle Cat Bell: Happy Merry X-mas (100%)
- Happy New Year?: Blackout (100%)
- Ritual Happiness:
- Bears be Bare: Going Bipolar (200%)
- Teacher! It's Spring!: 100 Cat Dates (200%)
- Love is Sickness: Read but No Reply (100%)
- Ghostly Houseguests: I'm not here anymore. (100%)
- Autumn = Sports Day!: Dad, No Videos! (100%)
- Another New Year: I Hope It's an Uber (600%)
- Worker's Revolution: Late Nite Shake-Up (1,200%)
- Spring Sprang Sprung: Most Ancient (400%)
- Servant of Darkness: Sinister Wasteland (600%)
- The Battle Cats POP!:
- Monday Blitz Stage: Rich Cat (Veteran) (400%)
- Salaryman Awakes!: Nine to Five Fever (Expert) (500%)
- Growing Green/Catfruit Buffet: Green Envy (Hard) (100%)
- Growing Strange: Fear of Flying (Merciless) (2,000%)
- Strait of Wings: Ancient Ruins (Veteran) (400%)
- Duel at Sunset: Elite (Normal) (100%)
- Heavenly Tower: Floor 18 (600%)
|Health||Attack Power||Attack Range||Attack Frequency||Movement Speed||Knockback||Attack Animation|
|99,999 HP||2,000 damage
|273f 9.1 seconds||1||2 times||34f 1.13s |
(10f 0.33s backswing)
Nyanko Defense Force
In Nyanko Daibōsō, The Face made a cameo appearance as a bust sculpted into the side of a mountain in one of the backgrounds. Shy Boy had a more prominent role: every so often, flaming Shy Boys would appear from the top of the screen and descend to the bottom with a warning. They were indestructible and could not be harmed in any way.
|Bust of The Face||Flaming Shy Boy|
In Heads Off, The Face is one of the larger playable characters in the game and makes a lower-pitched screaming sound compared to the other characters.
- His Japanese name, Kaoru-kun, contains the word kao, meaning "face".
- He has a higher ID than Shy Boy and Assassin Bear despite appearing earlier.
- The Face, Dark Emperor Nyandam and Teacher Bun Bun all share the same amount of health: 99,999. However, Nyandam only has one unbuffed appearance, and Teacher Bun Bun is always fought at 400% or more.
- He is the slowest non-stationary enemy in the game.
- Despite appearing in no games, the game "Heads Off" may be based entirely off of him, featuring floating heads as our player.