The Pure Land (Merciless) is an Advent Stage unlocked after clearing River Acheron. It appears on the 11th, 12th, 25th, and 26th of every month. When clearing this stage, there is a chance to unlock Medusa Cat. This is a No Continues stage.
- 1 Black Okame spawns as the boss after 3.33 seconds100f.
- Infinite Doge Darks spawn after 13.33 seconds400f, delay 29.33~32 seconds880f~960f.
- 5 Gory Blacks spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 58.67 seconds1,760f~1,800f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 5.33~8 seconds160f~240f.
- 3 Doge Darks spawn after 86.67 seconds2,600f, delay 2~4 seconds60f~120f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 146.67 seconds4,400f, delay 1~3.33 seconds30f~100f.
- 3 Doge Darks spawn after 193.33 seconds5,800f, delay 3.33~6 seconds100f~180f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 253.33 seconds7,600f, delay 6.67~9.33 seconds200f~280f.
The name of this game is stalling and burst damage. With that 100% Knockback, Okame will have no problem pushing through nearly any unit that stands in its path. Short-ranged, slow attackers are not recommend for the boss, since they'll most likely be beaten into submission with that 800 Omni Strike.
Rushdown units such as Bullet Train Cat, Fishman Cat, Awakened Bahamut Cat and Power Cutter Cat are recommended to slowly chip away at Okame's health. With their high speed, they will also force Okame to stand still, which is important if your strategy is based on stalling Okame. Extremely long-ranged units like Cyberpunk Cat can also be used for extra damage and effects whilst at a safe distance.
Keep in mind that the peons that are periodically sent throughout the level. They will have no problem ripping away at your units and tearing a hole in your plan. Units like Pizza Cat and dual Islands can help negate this issue. Don't underestimate your other units as well; Fishman can pull their weight as well. If you absolutely must, try to stack them and kill them all with Awakened Bahamut Cat. Don't rely on this too much, as you may end up wasting time trying to get the enemies to sync, when you could just take them out normally. Stall with Manic Eraser and Roe Cat, keep Okame at bay, be wary of peons, and (hopefully) you'll be able to wear it down enough to deliver the killing blow (Breakerblast does wonders here).
The following Uber Rares are good for this stage, and if you have any of these, using them will make things easier.
- Pai-Pai: Once again, the designated "counter" to the original stage can easily make short work of Okame with her insane Resistance and Massive Damage to Reds. While there are no R. Osts to worry about, the Ginger Snaches and Doge Darks can be troublesome in taking the bullet of Pai-Pai's attacks.
- Yukimura: Massive Damage to Blacks combined with his immense speed allows Yukimura to be used very oppressively against Okame. As with most Rushers, make sure the road is clear for a straight path to Okame before you send him out.
- Keiji: Could be considered as a defensive Pai-Pai, resisting Blacks but not having the Massive Damage against them, although his Strengthen ability is able to nullify this drawback.
- King Gamereon: Actually scratch that... This is a purely defensive Pai-Pai. Very good at tanking enemies and clearing them out with one shot. While he most certainly won't die anytime soon, be wary of Okame's knockback and Gamereon's poor speed in comparison to your base.
- Musashi Miyamoto: This unit can almost solo the entire stage. Make sure you also have something to take out the Ginger Snaches, and you can win with nearly zero effort by spawning him and watching the destruction unfold.
Strategy 1 (Uberless, no Talents)
Bullet Train Cat, Pizza Cat and Power Cutter Cat should be as high-level as possible and can be replacedby Yukimura or (although it's not recommended) A. Bahamut. Do not replace Pizza with other anti-Blacks unless you have no choice. Roe Cat is fine at level 30.
Keep in mind that this stage is a single boss with periodic and sparse waves of enemies, therefore, as long as you have a way to not let Okame advance despite the other enemies, you will eventually kill it.
Start with Power Cutter for free damage, then let the first Doge Dark get closer and defeat him with Bullet Train, then start summoning Erasers.
The second step is to summon Cyberpunk Cat and start "spamming" Roe Cats for the rest of the fight.
The general idea is that the Roes will stop Okame, Cutter will damage it, Pizza will clear the peons after the defense line breaks, Cyberpunk will limit the pushback and the Breakerblast Cannon will reposition Okame further back after Pizza kills the peons and the defense line is restored.
Your Cyberpunks will die, but you should be able to respawn them often enough to keep up with Okame.
Rinse and repeat 'till you win.
You may not win, in that case, try again while being more careful about this: Always spam Roes. Spam Manic Erasers and Pizza only when peons are coming/present. Save Bullet Train for Doge Darks or Ginger Snaches when no Gory Black is around. Save Cutter for Okame or panic situations. Ramen Cat is there for Combos only. Add Sniper the Cat or give Talents/levels to your units if it's still out of your reach.
Strategy 2 (Ft. Immortal Keiji)
Lineup: Octopus Cat, Grouchu Cat, Skelecat, Prisoner Cat (these levels don't matter, here for the Horror Movies and Blossoming combos), Immortal Keiji (level 50, but level 40 works just as fine), Manic Eraser Cat (lvl 40), Fishman Cat (lvl 40), Bullet Train Cat (lvl 35), Roe Cat (lvl 30), Awakened Bahamut Cat (lvl 40).
The normal cat cannon is fine, but feel free to use the Breakerblast or Sniper the Cat. Rich Cat is highly recommended, but not mandatory. Notably, switching out Manic Eraser and Fishman for other spammable units like Can Can Cat or dual Islands can be a good alternative. Should you have her, Nono of the Merc Storia Collaboration Event is a great meatshield here and can potentially replace Manic Eraser, especially with this lineup capitalizing on Resistant, for obvious reasons, as she is able to stall Okame much more effectively.
- Note that the Cat Combo Lazing About is created as a byproduct of Horror Movies and Blossoming, with the effect being an increase to the Strong ability. Because of this, using Manic Island Cat or Island Cat in replacement of Fishman or another spammable unit is a viable option here.
- The levels above were used in the attempt, they are not required. However, try to level up Keiji or Roe as high as possible as their levels directly impact how long they will last on the battlefield. No talents were used in this lineup, but Keiji has a Black Defence B, and Roe has a Red Defense B. This is doable without the Defense Orbs, of course, with combos in replacement of them.
- It is possible to create variations of this strategy with different combos, which will ultimately have the same or similar results. For example, you might have Cosplay Fans, Curses!!!, and Horror Movies to capitalize on Keiji's Strengthen ability instead of his Resistance one, in order to speed things up.
The basic idea is to use Immortal Keiji, Fishman and Bullet Train to get chip damage off Okame. Try to let Bullet Train kill the first Dark Doge for extra money, but it doesn't really matter if it doesn't. Deploy Keiji as soon as you have the money. Stall Okame from moving completely by spamming Roe, while Keiji will be able to hit Okame miliseconds before being knocked back. With Keiji's resistance against Black enemies, he will last exceptionally long, depending on his level, and you will usually be able to get a new Keiji before the old one dies. When Roe occasionally weakens Okame, it is a good moment to deploy A. Bahamut. When the peon waves come, don't panic. Okame will be able to move forward, because Dark Doges and Gory Blacks will annihilate Roe Cat, but Keiji, Fishman and Bullet Train will be able to take them down. You can use the Cat Cannon, Breakerblast or Sniper the Cat to push Okame back.
The strategy is basically rinse and repeat, so always spawn Keiji wherever possible, and try to only deploy A. Bahamut when Okame is weakened.