The Pure Land (Merciless) is an Advent Stage unlocked after clearing River Acheron. It appears on the 11th, 12th, 25th, and 26th of every month. When clearing this stage, there is a chance to unlock Medusa Cat. This is a No Continues stage.
- 1 Black Okame spawns as the boss after 3.33 seconds100f.
- Infinite Doge Darks spawn after 13.33 seconds400f, delay 29.33~32 seconds880f~960f.
- 5 Gory Blacks spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 58.67 seconds1,760f~1,800f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 26.67 seconds800f, delay 5.33~8 seconds160f~240f.
- 3 Doge Darks spawn after 86.67 seconds2,600f, delay 2~4 seconds60f~120f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 146.67 seconds4,400f, delay 1~3.33 seconds30f~100f.
- 3 Doge Darks spawn after 193.33 seconds5,800f, delay 3.33~6 seconds100f~180f.
- 3 Ginger Snaches spawn after 253.33 seconds7,600f, delay 6.67~9.33 seconds200f~280f.
The name of the game is stalling and burst damage. With that 100% Knockback, Black Okame will have no problem pushing through nearly any unit that stands in its path. Short-ranged, slow attackers are not recommended for the boss, since they'll most likely be beaten into submission by its 800 Omni Strike.
Rushdown units such as Bullet Train Cat, Fishman Cat, Awakened Bahamut Cat and Power/Neo Cutter Cat are recommended to slowly chip away at Okame's health. With their high speed, they will also force Black Okame to stand still, which is important if your strategy is based on stalling Black Okame. Extremely long-ranged units like Cyberpunk Cat can also be used for extra damage and effects whilst at a safe distance.
Keep in mind that the peons that are periodically sent throughout the level. They will have no problem ripping away at your units and tearing a hole in your plan. Units like Pizza Cat and dual Islands can help negate this issue. Don't underestimate your other units as well; Fishman Cat can pull their weight as well. If you absolutely must, try to stack them and kill them all with Awakened Bahamut Cat. Don't rely on this too much, as you may end up wasting time trying to get the enemies to sync, when you could just take them out normally. Stall with Manic Eraser Cats and Roe Cat, keep Black Okame at bay, be wary of peons, and (hopefully) you'll be able to wear it down enough to deliver the killing blow (Breakerblast does wonders here).
Recommended Ubers and Legend Rares
The following Uber Rares are good for this stage, and if you have any of these, using them will make things easier.
- Pai-Pai: Once again, the designated "counter" to the original stage can easily make short work of Black Okame with her Resistance and Massive Damage to Reds. While there is not a single R.Ost to worry about, the Ginger Snaches and Doge Darks can be troublesome in taking the bullet of Pai-Pai's attacks. Beware Okame's Omni Strike however, as it will make her an effective tank and not hit anything but the peons.
- Sanada Yukimura: A rusher with short cooldown, low cost, high speed and Massive Damage to Blacks, enabling aggressive use of him against Okame and most of the peons. Make sure you have a clear shot before sending him out, though.
- Maeda Keiji: Could be considered as a defensive Pai-Pai, resisting Blacks but not having the Massive Damage against them, although his Strengthen ability is able to nullify this drawback. Like Pai-Pai, he is also unable to hit any enemy excluding the peons, though he will serve as a good steppingstone for your frontline defense.
- Guardian Gamereon: Actually, scratch that... This is a purely defensive Pai-Pai. Very good at tanking enemies and clearing them out with one shot. While he most certainly won't die anytime soon, be wary of Okame's knockback and Gamereon's poor speed in comparison to your base.
- Musashi Miyamoto: Due to his devastating anti-black offense and defense, he can almost solo the entire stage. Make sure you also have something to take out the Ginger Snaches, and you can win with nearly zero effort by spawning him and watching the destruction unfold.
Strategy 1 (Uberless, no Talents)
Bullet Train Cat, Pizza Cat and Power Cutter Cat should be as high-level as possible and can be replaced by Yukimura or (although it's not recommended) A. Bahamut. Do not replace Pizza with other anti-Blacks unless you have no choice. Roe Cat is fine at level 30.
Keep in mind that this stage is a single boss with periodic and sparse waves of enemies, therefore, as long as you have a way to not let Black Okame advance despite the other enemies, you will eventually kill it.
Start with Power Cutter for free damage, then let the first Doge Dark get closer and defeat him with Bullet Train, then start summoning Erasers.
The second step is to summon Cyberpunk Cat and start "spamming" Roe Cats for the rest of the fight.
The general idea is that the Roes will stop Okame, Cutter will damage it, Pizza will clear the peons after the defense line breaks, Cyberpunk will limit the pushback and the Breakerblast Cannon will reposition Black Okame further back after Pizza kills the peons and the defense line is restored.
Your Cyberpunks will die, but you should be able to respawn them often enough to keep up with Okame.
Rinse and repeat 'till you win.
You may not win, in that case, try again while being more careful about this: Always spam Roes. Spam Manic Erasers and Pizza only when peons are coming/present. Save Bullet Train for Doge Darks or Ginger Snaches when no Gory Black is around. Save Cutter for Black Okame or panic situations. Ramen Cat is there for Combos only. Add Sniper the Cat or give Talents/levels to your units if it's still out of your reach.
- Prior to the Version 9.1 Update, this stage lacked a No Continues restriction.
- A "pure land" is a concept in Mayahayan Buddhism, its many traditions and teachings falling into the branch of Amidism/Pure Land Buddhism. Reaching the Pure Land is the final goal of Amidism and is tantamount to attaining enlightenment.
- The opposite of the Pure Land is the land of the living, also called the Impure Land, which appears in Heaven and Hell's Japanese name.
- Interestingly enough, Hannya's Japanese description mentions that she consumes the souls of those who cannot gain enlightenment, with the term used, jōbutsu (成仏) specifically referring to attaining Buddhahood.
- Courts of Torment's Japanese name is Narakumon (奈落門), which, like River Styx' Japanese name, translates to "Hell Gate" or "Gates of Hell". However, instead of jigoku (地獄), the term used in Courts of Torment is naraku (奈落), which refers to a Naraka, the Buddhist equivalent of Hell.
- The Japanese name of this stage, Gokuraku Jōdo (獄楽浄土) makes a pun: normally it would translate to "Paradise Pure Land", but it spells gokuraku (極楽, paradise) with the kanji 獄, meaning "prison". This character is also used in the Japanese word for Hell, jigoku (地獄).
- Heaven and Hell's Japanese name makes the same pun, but also replaces the word for the Pure Land with that for the Impure Land.